Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #1

Lacrosse 329BHT Maiden voyage

The wife and I took the 329BHT out. We stayed close just in case something didn't work or we had problems. I am very happy to report that we didn't have any problems at all. I can say a lot of that was due to hours and hours or youtube video watching and reading here.

Lacrosse did great. Had a few sway issues, but I already know they put and undersized WDH on when I bought it and I need to get off the Friction Sway control. So I have that covered with the upgrade to the Equilizer WDH.

A/C worked, Heat Worked, water worked, Fridge worked, all appliances worked. Only issues I found (and they are miner) where the shower rollers are off just a bit, but I can fix. There is a chip in the dinning table. I will take a pick and take to the dealer for them to order.

I installed the bug screens on the outside, but it looks like either Primetime, or the appliance Manuf have changed the exterior covers for the Attwood furnace, and the Dometic Fridge. I have a easy solution for the furnace, I can use the Atwood hotwater heater screen for it, but for the fridge I think I am going to have to customize something. It has the 3 slat cover that comes off and the 20" screens work perfect. But that cover sits inside another cover that has extended (2 to 3") slats on each side. I can't find any that fit that nor can I find a picture that matches. So probably just order another set of 3 and cut them to size myself.

I did see a little wear on the underside of the kitchen slide out. I think I can adjust it just a bit and fix that.

Other than that everything worked great. I hope it stays that way (knock on wood).

The worst thing was the mattress. We tried a gel pillow topper but man that was a hard sleep still. May just bit the bullet and buy a new upgraded mattress.

I just have whole list of more stuff to buy to finish furnshing.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Fridge vents. I picked up some Aluminum Window Screen Material and cut it to fit and used tie straps to hold it in place.

Bed / We went to costco and pick up a 4" memory foam topper.

Slide wear / best to keep a close eye on that. The good thing is your kitchen slide is not a heavy superslide. Does the slide have the fabric wrap on it?

Enjoy the Lacrosse imo they are top of the line in a TT. We love ours!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Fridge vents. I picked up some Aluminum Window Screen Material and cut it to fit and used tie straps to hold it in place.

Bed / We went to costco and pick up a 4" memory foam topper.

Slide wear / best to keep a close eye on that. The good thing is your kitchen slide is not a heavy superslide. Does the slide have the fabric wrap on it?

Enjoy the Lacrosse imo they are top of the line in a TT. We love ours!

It does have the fabric wrap. I need to take it in to get the new WDH put on so I will get them to take a look at it.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Hopefully my post isn't against the rules here but Dodge, if by chance you were interested in a 1200/12000 (not sure of your tongue weight) Equalizer hitch I would make you one helluva deal. We used it one year before trading to a 5th wheel. I am in Katy.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
Hopefully my post isn't against the rules here but Dodge, if by chance you were interested in a 1200/12000 (not sure of your tongue weight) Equalizer hitch I would make you one helluva deal. We used it one year before trading to a 5th wheel. I am in Katy.
Just sent you a PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
Site Team

Imo I would go for a 14k hitch. HITCH WEIGHT 918 LB you can add a couple of hundred lbs. to that. full tanks battery and gear. You will be pushing that hitch's max tongue wt. plus the O.A.L. of the unit.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #7

Congrats! We take delivery of our 329 BHT tomorrow. We decided on the 14K version of the Equilizer hitch after going to their website and filling out their form Hitch Sizes. I tried to guess weights on the high side, just to be safe. We will let you know how it tows after our first camping trip this weekend.
ChairFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #8

By the time you add the propane, battery, junk in the storage bay, a real mattress in for the front bed, and assorted things in the front bedroom you are going to be well over 1200 pounds on the tongue, so the 1400 is a good choice. Behind our Ram 2500 our 329 tows very nicely, much, much better than behind the GMC 1500 that we had when we got the trailer.
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #9

Congrats!!! We just picked up our new 329bht. We are pulling it with a '13 F250 diesel so we opt'ed to try out the Andersen No Sway WDH. We towed the unit home with a 1000lbs equalizer setup from our trade in and quickly discovered the need for a beefier setup. I'm really excited to try the Andersen.

Please post pictures of you big screen mods that you do. I have some work to do.

Did you add and strong arms to your power stabilizers?
RatherBCampin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse