Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Personally, if I were going to replace the sensors, which I will probably never do. I would go with the SeeLevel system. Shields or not, I believe crud will build up on any sensor put inside the tanks. Calcium in the FW and "stuff" in all the others...

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/

If I were to attempt anything sensor related, this is the route I would go. No more probes to get crud on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I would never attempt sensor replacement. Even when mine are dirty, the full sensor is mostly accurate. And as others have stated, after a bit you know how many days you can go with each tank.

If you are intent on doing this, dropping the entire coroplast bottom is better in the long run and will make the job easier. Cutting access flaps and taping shut seem to be problematic later on. The sensors can be anywhere on the tank depending on who was doing the install that day.

I've dropped the bottom on mine several times. Not that bad a job. Amazing what you discover when you open it up!!! Getting it back on is easier with a helper, but doable solo. Buy some of that expanding spray foam to seal any loose edges and protrusions and you are good. I used some extra screws and the result was a better fit than from the factory.

Good luck!

X2
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, tank