Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #21

I had mine hot shotted down to IA a few years back and it sat at that same place. When I arrived I had commented to my wife that I bet a few rigs have went missing from here. Yikes!

I am sure they will make it right. Prime Time are amazing to deal with.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #22

Just spoke with Primetime, they are going forward with a replacement when sales returns on Monday the 9th. Since he had never been through this process before he did not want to give me details and them not be true. So I sit and await a call on Monday to sort this out with a new one. HE did mention if I was happy with mine or not and if another model was there I liked...hmmmm...crusader? lol
https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...00&format=jpeg
scayne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scayne62 View Post
Just spoke with Primetime, they are going forward with a replacement when sales returns on Monday the 9th. Since he had never been through this process before he did not want to give me details and them not be true. So I sit and await a call on Monday to sort this out with a new one. HE did mention if I was happy with mine or not and if another model was there I liked...hmmmm...crusader? lol
Go Big ,Sanibel

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Go Big ,Sanibel

Yep 👍🏻👍🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #25
chesbass

Sanibel 3901 is King-
chesba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:17 AM   #26

Quote:

I would not push too hard as far as requesting a unit worth much more in value than the one they are offering to replace. A very admirable offer on Primetimes part, but I would be hesitant to throw up any flags. You are dealing with a large corporation and you never know if someone further up the ladder / food chain will get wind of the deal and stop everything in its tracks. It would be real easy just to let the insurance companies battle it out.

I would just go with the flow and expect replacement equal to what they lost. Now if they offer something thats worth more in value that's an entirely different scenario. I would think when they said "another model" they were referring to something relatively equal and that may be because your exact model is discontinued or none are sitting on the lots, and not a Sanibel 5er
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 AM   #27

Thats quite some story. Hope this turns out OK for you and you get back where you want to be.
Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
FMCA # F471293
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #28

Wow that's awful, the situations we sometimes encounter just simply makes us shake our heads wondering how could this of been prevented. Best of luck on this mess. Keep us posted on out come!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #29

Once you drop the trailer off and give the keys to the plant, it becomes their responsibility. They have trailers coming in and going out there with no guard at the gate checking laden paperwork. I have drove into the plant many of times and just could have hooked up to a trailer and drove off. Nobody checks, Someone stole it from there property at the time they were in control and possession of it, why would his insurance get involved? It's primetimes fault IMO and they should step up as they have....He will need a police report to send his insurance company only.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #30

I am not pushing for a bigger better unit than what I have, the rep I talked to, who was not in sales, mentioned it. As far as another model comparable to mine. I do not think there is one, I love my camper. Sanibel does not offer a bunkhouse so that is not an option, have to have a room for the kiddos. I am hoping I will have to deal very little with loan and insurance companies to get this all done. I am pushing for no out of pocket expense on my end, which I have been insured will be the case. Now I wait.....
https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...00&format=jpeg
Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #31

They took ownership of trailer. It was taken from their facility. It's their insurance that will pay not yours. That is what it sounds like is going to happen. It will all work out. The wait will be the worst.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Once you drop the trailer off and give the keys to the plant, it becomes their responsibility. They have trailers coming in and going out there with no guard at the gate checking laden paperwork. I have drove into the plant many of times and just could have hooked up to a trailer and drove off. Nobody checks, Someone stole it from there property at the time they were in control and possession of it, why would his insurance get involved? It's primetimes fault IMO and they should step up as they have....He will need a police report to send his insurance company only.

That's special
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #33

Crazy hope it all works out in the end. Prime Time is on the hook for your unit once they take possession of your RV, Prime Time needs to figure it out & need to provide some kind of compensation for loss of use. If Prime Time are saying it was stolen then they will need to file a report with local PD so the VIN can be entered as stolen and file a claim with their insurance company.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Any further info this week? Very interested in the outcome, and hope it works out in your favor.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
That's special
Not really. I've driven into the Palomino plant holding lot at least 3 times with my pickup truck and could have hooked on to any of a number of units sitting there... and drove right out and no one would be the wiser. Used, in for repairs, new, pull behinds and 5ers. Had my choice... Thing is, I don't take what isn't mine.

Never harbored that thought until reading this thread.......
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #36

Spoke with the head of customer service. From the sounds of things they are working towards getting a replacement to me. I have asked for a few things to be uograded and he said it would not be a problem. He has been out sick a lot this week and from what I understand he will be calling me tomorrow (Saturday) to give me the latest he knows after he talked to the president. His secretary emailed me and asked what model crusader I would be interested in if I were interested in any. Not sure what that means but I will know more if he calls me tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #37

I wonder if this guy knows anything about it?

Just kidding, I hope it works out in your favor.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #38

I find this transaction totally interesting. How do you deal with the finance company, or how does the finance company deal with swapping vehicles? The second thing is the sales tax issue, somehow you need to get a title in your name, this involves the collection of tax money.

Again, Good Luck
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
Old 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #39

Tax only paid on any difference paid. Even trade. No tax due. Finance company (if there is one) will trade titles & amend security agreement. For like vehicle.

Just my thoughts.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Tax only paid on any difference paid. Even trade. No tax due. Finance company (if there is one) will trade titles & amend security agreement. For like vehicle.

Just my thoughts.

Russell
It takes a dealer to do a trade, Manufactures seldom hold a dealer license. How do you trade a stolen vehicle? Well, maybe the manufacture will take the old title and be the recipient if found.

Believe me I do not have the answers, that is why I am curious as to how this will transpire.

If I total a car the insurance company pays the lean holder and or me the value of the car and I go out and get another one and pay full tax again. This happened to me. Just sayen.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold

Tags
camper