Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #1

Missing camper

Took my Camper up to Wakarusa Indiana to the Primetime warranty and repair facility for a faded nose cap replacement the Monday before Thanksgiving. I knew taking it there that they would not get to it until January. I received a call from Primetime on Friday and the guy informed me that they have lost my camper. They do not know where it is and are not sure if a transporter took the wrong camper somewhere or not, they contacted the transporter and they have stated they did not do it. HE told me that he hoped it would just show back up over the new year long weekend and if it did not he would be in contact with me to start the setup of a new 2017 to replace mine. I received a call from another person on my fuel reimbursement check this morning and I bent her ear on the status and she said it did not show back up and they would be calling me this afternoon. I have not received the call and inquired with my contact and she tells me the person that will call had an emergency and had to leave early and will be in touch tomorrow. Sounds like unless a miracle happens I will be getting a new camper and the personal items that were left in there replaced, but I will not know for sure until he calls tomorrow. This is a mess and hope that everything turns out smoothly for me. I cannot believe a 38' camper just wonders off. They believe at this point that it has been stolen. I have to give credit to Primetime for calling and letting me know what was going on rather than just sit on it hoping it would resolve itself.
https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...00&format=jpeg
scayne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Team

scayne62, best of luck getting this resolved to your satisfaction!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
scayne62, best of luck getting this resolved to your satisfaction!
x2!

If you don't mind, please do keep us updated.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #4

I absolutely will keep everyone updated. so far i have no feeling that this will not go smooth and work out in the end.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #5

Congrats, sounds like you hit the lottery. Please keep us posted.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:50 PM   #6

I may be wrong, but, you and the people who accepted your unit for repairs would have to file a police report and then YOUR insurance company will argue with the Prime Time insurers to determine who will pay. Upon settlement the Note Holder if any will get paid first then settle with you. At that point Prime Time may compensate you for any additional losses, whatever that looks like.

Depending on your policy, they may settle for replacement value only, leaving you thousands in the hole.

Read your policy, be prepared.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
As bad as this story is, it's much better than what I expected to be reading about after clicking on the title. My assumption was that a person had gone missing while camping. Glad I was mistaken. Hope it all works out well for you.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
Now a "Top Member"

Well I guess that's one way to fix it! Good luck.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
I may be wrong, but, you and the people who accepted your unit for repairs would have to file a police report and then YOUR insurance company will argue with the Prime Time insurers to determine who will pay. Upon settlement the Note Holder if any will get paid first then settle with you. At that point Prime Time may compensate you for any additional losses, whatever that looks like.

Depending on your policy, they may settle for replacement value only, leaving you thousands in the hole.

True....hope it all works out

I would be upset about personal things lost but not the camper itself - it can be replaced

I always wonder what we would do if taking unit back for repair....I think the paranoid side of me would prevail and I would take EVERYTHING out - too many things cannot be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #10

My Sabre is back in Topeka, IN under warranty work right now (picked up at my home on 11/2/16) and I know it was still there last Thursday (12/29/16) because I drove from Kansas City to Topeka to check on things. OP mentioned something about losing personal items along with the trailer itself. We had strict instructions from Forest River to have all personal items removed--including the battery and propane tanks.

I hope this works out well for scayne62!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
My Sabre is back in Topeka, IN under warranty work right now (picked up at my home on 11/2/16) and I know it was still there last Thursday (12/29/16) because I drove from Kansas City to Topeka to check on things. OP mentioned something about losing personal items along with the trailer itself. We had strict instructions from Forest River to have all personal items removed--including the battery and propane tanks.

Interesting palomino did not tell me that either time our Sabre went back. That said we emptied ours out each time also. I'm glad Prime time is stepping up to the plate so willingly. What year was your trailer?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #12

Just wondering since you will be getting a new unit ....

Your profile says 2014 camper....was PT doing the front cap as warranty work no charge to you ?

Their coverage had been 30 months at one time and was based on build date NOT purchase date

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #13

I had that happen with a sports car years ago. Took it to the dealer where I bought it new for service and it was stolen off their lot and stripped. By the time the insurance companies got done passing the buck, I got screwed. Was a Jag btw.

Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post

I hope things workout for scayne62, I'm sure they will and he won't lose a penny, I have faith in FR, I guess all depts are not the same, when my trailer went in for repairs they just said to shut the propane off. But I drove it there yours is being pick- up that could be the difference. Did they say why they didn't pick it up yet?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #15

Wow!

That just sounds like a mess. Hope all works out for the best on this.

Did you have a hitch lock on or anything to prevent it to be moved unless they had the keys? Mine is always locked, even when it goes in for service and they office keeps my keys and unlocks it when needed to move.

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #16
Insert witty title here

Somehow, I suspect it is now being used as a portable meth lab.

If they do manage to"find it", go over EVERY square inch before you even consider taking it back and don't sign ANYTHING.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #17
chesbass

I am confident that everything will be fine prime time is a great company to deal with on the service and we have had great service from them on our 2015 Sanibel 3901
chesba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #18

Thankfully, if it does come down to my insurance getting involved I have balloon coverage that covers the replacement cost plus adjusted inflation. There were not a lot of personal items more things like silverware, pots and pans, bedding, our upgraded mattress and things like that. super valuable things and most of the supplies were taken out. Had a heater stolen when it went for service at Tom raper and learned my lesson there. It was in for the front cap fade under warranty and a few other small things they were going to take care just because it was there, I had filed the claim in just the nick of time and my appt was just scheduled this far out due to their business. I did not have a hitch lock but it sat behind a chain link and locked fence. I have faith in them as a company to make it right, if I can get a call back today like promised. If need be I will take a day off this week and make an appearance up there in person.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post

It has been my experience with Forest River (15+ years now) that they own their mistakes and make good the deal.

If the camper was "lost" while in their possession, I would be shocked if they did not make good on the loss.

The only "gotcha" here is, the times I had my unit sent back to the factory for repair, they were very adamant about removing all personal items from the camper, so you may be filing a insurance claim there.

On the other hand, if the "personal items" were permanent aftermarket mods (like a autoleveling system) I would again expect Forest River to make good on the deal.

Please do keep us informed!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #20

Missing camper

Wow. Sorry about you loss. Hope all works out.

PS. where was that lot at. I need mine worked on !! Lol.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper