Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #1

Mor-ride or solid steps

Anyone with a ‘17 Tracer with Mor-Ride or Solid Steps? Our dealer said ours wouldn’t take them. They said there is none that will fit. Not sure what brand they said they tried but was wondering if anyone could prove them wrong.

Thanks in advance,

John Madden
nsoleo113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #2
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoleo113 View Post
Anyone with a ‘17 Tracer with Mor-Ride or Solid Steps? Our dealer said ours wouldn’t take them. They said there is none that will fit. Not sure what brand they said they tried but was wondering if anyone could prove them wrong.

Thanks in advance,

John Madden
Not acquainted with Solid Step, but for MorRyde the only way you'll know if they'll fit is to go to the MorRyde website and use their "step qualifier". You'll have to take measurements and enter them as you go through the step qualifier. At the end it will tell you if they'll fit, and if they do which steps you need by part number.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Not acquainted with Solid Step, but for MorRyde the only way you'll know if they'll fit is to go to the MorRyde website and use their "step qualifier". You'll have to take measurements and enter them as you go through the step qualifier. At the end it will tell you if they'll fit, and if they do which steps you need by part number.

Ok I’ll try that. Thank you.
nsoleo113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:42 PM   #4

Take a look at Tork-Lift steps (Glowstep Revolution). The company is easy to work with and will make a recommendation based on your RV measurements. they will ship directly to you. The drawbridge style steps have definite disadvantages, some areas (like my garage) have obstacles that prohibit lowering drawbridge style steps.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #5

X2 on the Torklift steps. Their "uprising" version that competes with the drawbridge style allow you to access your camper as long as you can open the door enough to slip in, you can climb over them. They are fully deploy-able as long as you can open the door to just under 90 degrees.
I have a set of the older under-mount steps and REALLY like them. Made of heavy gauge aluminum and stainless steel, they don't rust.

For both versions, you can pick how many steps you want and add or remove if you change your mind. Both have adjustable legs the sit on the ground when deployed, so no bounce when someone uses them.

They are a bit on the pricey side, but in my opinion, worth the cost.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:29 PM   #6

I have a set of steps either morryse or solid steps. I can't remember which one, but they attach to two brackets on the outside of the door frame. They do not fold up inside. I like these because they do not block your entrance and if you can't use them, or do not choose to, then your original pull out steps are still there. Yet, they give all the advantages of the solid step/ morryde. The disadvantage is you have to stow them somewhere. I find they are not too heavy. I can move them an attach them by myself and I am a 55 year old female. For me, these steps checked all the boxes.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps