Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #1

New guy to site! So thanks in advance. 2019 avenger 26bbs slide out question.

Ok so thanks again! Well I have a 2019 avenger ati 26bbs, and when I put slide out out I hear some slight grinding, when retracting it is lubed with dry spray lube from dealer, looks good a the gear and track that are visual under the slide out, so could it be coming from the electric motor in the floor was think maybe a bad gear at motor. And also does anyone know what brand type slide outs are used in these. This week end I will pull the small cover off under neath and inspect but just wanted to know what to look for. Thanks again
Thetreeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #2
Site Team

You gave a good indication of what slide mechanism you have when you said "looks good at the gear and track that are visual under the slide out". That's most likely an Electric Thru-Frame Slide Mechanism.

Did you lube the slide gearing and tubes or did the dealer say they did it?
Our slide will make a squeaking or grinding noise if I let the track tubes get dry of lube.
I get the DW to operate the slide in and out while I liberally spray slide out lube on and in the mechanism.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #3

Hi, I don’t know if they had lubed it but I doubt it, I bought the dry spray lube from my dealer. I sprayed the gear and the track, but that’s all I can see that would need to be lubed. The ram cylinder I would not think need to lube the hydraulic ram as that might mess the hydraulic seal. But also wanted to see if anyone new the manufacturer of the slide out mechanism so I could do some research on it.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
Site Team

So you have a hydraulic slide instead of an electric slide. The mechanism is the same just the motive force is different.

Look on page 29 of the Hydraulic Slide Out Service Manual and you'll see that the sliding mechanism consists of a tube sliding inside a tube called outer arm assembly and inner arm assembly. You'll see wear plates between the tubes. The space between the tubes need to be lubed well all over. When the space gets dry they make a grinding sound when moving.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:19 AM   #5

Thanks bama rambler, I’m going to dig into tomorrow morning then. I will dig up the manual, and get all those area’s lubed as well. Thanks for the input I will also look for anything out of the ordinary.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
You gave a good indication of what slide mechanism you have when you said "looks good at the gear and track that are visual under the slide out". That's most likely an Electric Thru-Frame Slide Mechanism.

Did you lube the slide gearing and tubes or did the dealer say they did it?
Our slide will make a squeaking or grinding noise if I let the track tubes get dry of lube.
I get the DW to operate the slide in and out while I liberally spray slide out lube on and in the mechanism.

X2 Spray the sides & top of the slide rails as well as the gear and track. The rails slide into another square tube when retracted and the metal to metal contact may be what's causing all the noise.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:07 PM   #7

Thanks that’s good to know. I’m going to wipe it all down, and blow it off with compressed air, then relube it all, didn’t know about the sides. So thank you much
Heavy Duty leaf springs
Power stop break and slotted/ drilled rotors
And extra trans cooling
Old 06-05-2021, 10:04 AM   #8

Well I didn’t get to it today, ended up taking my daughter fishing this morning, and now getting ready for work. So I will hopefully get to it tomorrow. Lol
Heavy Duty leaf springs
Power stop break and slotted/ drilled rotors
And extra trans cooling

Tags
question, slide, slide out