Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #1

No Bathroom Vent!

Apologies for my all around newness. New to Forest River, Prime Time and the forum! I purchased a 2013 Tracer 215air at the end of the summer last year and I am very much so looking forward to using it. I love just about everything about it. There is one thing that has me completely stumped - why would they not include a bathroom ceiling vent/fan? Has anyone ever run into this problem? I don't think I've ever seen a TT without one!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to handle the steam from the huge shower if there is no vent?

Thanks!!
Porkchoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #2

Looked up that mfg/model for 2013. The factory ad clearly states there is supposed to be a power vent in the bath space. I believe all residential enclosures for both bath and kitchen spaces are required by various building codes to install a method. Time to call the dealer.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
Camper

Vent in bathroom

I put a fantastic fan (w/rain sensor) and noticed one major draw back with this bathroom configuration, running the fan to suck out the air will also suck the air from the toilet while flushing... Otherwise, put in a fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Looked up that mfg/model for 2013. The factory ad clearly states there is supposed to be a power vent in the bath space. I believe all residential enclosures for both bath and kitchen spaces are required by various building codes to install a method. Time to call the dealer.

2013 PrimeTime Tracer 215AIR Touring Edition
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 6.0l
Nights Camping: 2013 - 15; 2014 - 25; 2015 - 35
2016 - 5
Tracer215AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #4

We have a crusader 295 2013 and it has a vent and fan

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchoppe View Post
Apologies for my all around newness. New to Forest River, Prime Time and the forum! I purchased a 2013 Tracer 215air at the end of the summer last year and I am very much so looking forward to using it. I love just about everything about it. There is one thing that has me completely stumped - why would they not include a bathroom ceiling vent/fan? Has anyone ever run into this problem? I don't think I've ever seen a TT without one!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to handle the steam from the huge shower if there is no vent?

Thanks!!
Are you sawing there is no hole in the ceiling for a vent or there isn't a powered vent?
Old 06-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Yes / No.......................... Building codes do not cover travel trailers / RVs. Even building codes do not require a vent in a bathroom if there is a window.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, vent