Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #1

Exclamation Not happy with PT

Bought an Avenger 33RSD this year and told our salesperson it would be landlocked in an RV park for 1 or 2 yrs. After PT exec told us we had the wrong awning installed, the dealer replaced 2 defective parts at the park. Now Prime Time said to take it to a dealer. We are land locked and can't. This is the premise of why we bought it. We've had it for 6 months and have many problems. No help from PT even though they wan't happy customers and say they have a great relationship with their dealers. Sold a bill of goods. We'll look another manufacturer. All they want to do is push it off on their dealers we think.
Not happy campers.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

First off, welcome to the forum Avenger. Surely you didn't join this forum just to bash PT? You'll get nowhere in a hurry on this forum like that. There are a ton of owners on here that can and will help in any way they can.

Most everybody on here knows the pains that can go with any RV. You're preaching to the choir here. But, a lot of people on here know how to go about getting results too. I hope for your sake, somebody with a PT will chime in soon and maybe this can lead to getting things going in the right direction. If you chose to continue to bash, you will likely get ignored. Chosing another manufacturer is not always the answer, as you'll probably end up on that brand's owner's forum doing the same thing, or at least it's possible.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #3

Honestly, you can't complain about PT wanting you to visit a dealer for repairs. It sounds like they made an effort to make the repairs at your site, but you can't expect your decision to land lock your camper to become their problem. How many car dealers repair cars in the owner's garage?

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #4

Thanks all.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Man, care to even share a list of issues? I was waiting to see the list of problems, where maybe somebody can help.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #6

PT issues

The awning is parallel to the ground. It doesn't pitch down at the tube end.
Molding around entrance door is pulling away. Medicine cabinet molding is cracked. The doors are not level. Our salesman told us an awning remote and winterizing kit was included. It wasn,t. The are screw/washer pieces underneath it. I have 9 so far. We're not bashing PT, just the way we are treated. You know this is a big investment, we aren't asking for freebies just what we are paying for.
Thanks John
Old 09-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
Site Team

Investing in a big ticket item only to be disappointed is not easy to deal with. I know I wouldn't be an happy camper either. After buying my TT I have learned that the RV world is much different than other companies I have experience with. In my case everything has worked out well but this is not always the case for others. From what I read PT usually has a good customer service record. Hopefully somehow the issues will be corrected and this will be a distance memory.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #8

I know must seem like a bummer to buy a brand new unit and have a list of issues for repair after only 6 months. The reality is, I don't know of anyone who has purchased a new RV and not had a handful of warranty items to get fixed. It is just the nature of how these units are constructed.

With that said, another unfortunate part of the process is that the salesperson will almost always tell you whatever you want to hear in order to make the sale. Same with cars, boats, etc. Once the sale is complete, they have very little accountability ( issues become the service representatives' problem). If the salesperson led you to believe that the manufacturer would perform on-site warranty repair free of charge on something other than a park model, he/she was incorrect.

The manufacturers usually do try to educate the salespeople via training and other methods, but in the end there will always be some shady things said or done by dealers.

Sorry about your predicament, but you will probably have to get the unit to a dealer for service (or pay the added cost of travel and on-site repairs). This is industry standard for the most part. Especially with the low and mid-range product lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Jfwoodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
Plain Old Member

Have you attempted anything with a mobile service type outfit? I know when we were in Pigeon Forge, this worked out good for us. We were out the cost of the service call itself, but warranty picked up the rest. This would be something that had to be pre-approved through PT, but might be worth looking into if you absolutely can't get the trailer to a dealer.

Attached is a good contact sheet. I believe on page 11 it has the PT contacts. Might could start making some calls or sending emails to see what your options might be. As always, the approach the problem makes a world of difference, as in being very polite but at the same time sharing your concerns.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation.pdf (48.2 KB, 38 views)