Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2021, 02:07 PM   #1

Open Neutral on 120v circuit 2016 Crusader Lite RL28

I'm at my wit's end, can't get a wiring diagram for my Crusdader Lite. Primetime doesn't provide them and dealers don't want to sell them.
I discovered I have an open ground after the first recepticle, four recepticles are affected the two back by the recliners on either side of the end table and the two in the slide out behind and below the TV entertainment center. They all show 115v +/- between the Black and ground, and a varting voltage accross the black and white, but not enough to operate anything. My tester shows they are wired correctly (two yellows). Someone mentioned that the ground and common might be revewrsed some where but I can't find it. What I have done is replacd each of the junk outletswith standard home ones set in Old Work boxes to be sure they are all wired correctly. They are. There must be a junction box somewhere but without a wiring diagram I just have to start ripping into the underside to find the wires...don't want to do that. Anyone have any advice? The dealer wants me to bring it in...I can fix it if I know where the wires are.
Hoakieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoakieman View Post
I'm at my wit's end, can't get a wiring diagram for my Crusdader Lite. Primetime doesn't provide them and dealers don't want to sell them.
I discovered I have an open ground after the first recepticle, four recepticles are affected the two back by the recliners on either side of the end table and the two in the slide out behind and below the TV entertainment center. They all show 115v +/- between the Black and ground, and a varting voltage accross the black and white, but not enough to operate anything. My tester shows they are wired correctly (two yellows). Someone mentioned that the ground and common might be revewrsed some where but I can't find it. What I have done is replacd each of the junk outletswith standard home ones set in Old Work boxes to be sure they are all wired correctly. They are. There must be a junction box somewhere but without a wiring diagram I just have to start ripping into the underside to find the wires...don't want to do that. Anyone have any advice? The dealer wants me to bring it in...I can fix it if I know where the wires are.
Over the years in my career I found getting wiring diagrams and such to only be difficult, not impossible.

If they exist and a Dealer actually has what you need go to a lower level individual in the shop that has access. Often a trade can be made often in the form of a "bottle of their favorite" for a zerox copy.

Kind of a "Radar O'Reilly trade".[emoji41]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:18 PM   #3

Thanks

TitanMike,
Thanks for the encouragemnent! I haven't heard back from the dealer yet, but will pursue. appreciate the input Hoakieman
Old 02-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #4

Here's an update on my problem. I finally tired of waiting to hear back from the dealer. I went under the unit and found an access panel, removed it and Voila! there were two junction boxes. One had one wire coming in and two going out. the other had a bunch of black rubber power type cords coming out? I took the cover off and found the insides fried. As far as I know this has never been opened before. The screws on the cover were super tight. Looks like something shorted inside. cut away all the burnt wires and rewired. Still same problem! must be another junction box somewhere. 2016 Crusader Lite.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:44 AM   #5

Problem Solved: I never was able to track down the issue, but because of the burned wires in the junction box, I decided to run a new wire...HooBoy! Fortunately there were only a few places where the wiring bundle was tied together. After much work, I reconnected everything in the original junction box and the circuit works. I did have to cut into the bottom covering material to access various points, but the Service manager at Blue Dog in Portland gave me a good tip. several access spots had been cut open and a patch screwed over the hole. He told me to only cut a three sided flap. with the hinge forward and then when done use duct tape, (T-Rex is great), and seal the cuts.
Everything working, now onto the plumbing! (Different Forum). Hoakieman 2016 Crusader Lite 28RL pulled by a 2009 Ram 2500 6.9 Cummins

Tags
crusader, lite