Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2023, 06:22 PM   #1

Prime Time 2016 Avenger

Good Afternoon:

We bought a used 2016 Avenger a year ago. We have had constant issues with it and have had to replace almost everything on it. Has anyone else had extreme constant issues with their Avengers?? Considering buying something else because just don’t want to continue sinking so much into it, but we’ve almost replaced everything at this point. Just undecided on what to do. Don’t want to keep it and continue down this road. Any advice is appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!
plh869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plh869 View Post
Good Afternoon:

We bought a used 2016 Avenger a year ago. We have had constant issues with it and have had to replace almost everything on it. Has anyone else had extreme constant issues with their Avengers?? Considering buying something else because just don’t want to continue sinking so much into it, but we’ve almost replaced everything at this point. Just undecided on what to do. Don’t want to keep it and continue down this road. Any advice is appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

What all have you had to replace? Do you know the whole history of how & how often the previous owner used it? Did everything fail due to lack of proper maintenance by the previous owner (ie; lack of/improper winterizing, rodent infestation chewing on wires/hoses) or just stop working shortly after you bought it? Virtually every RV uses the same brands of components supplied by different manufacturers to the RV builders. So, with that being said, it's premature to blame the RV manufacturer for the failure of components supplied by someone else. And buying something else will come with the same components from the same outside suppliers.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
What all have you had to replace? Do you know the whole history of how & how often the previous owner used it? Did everything fail due to lack of proper maintenance by the previous owner (ie; lack of/improper winterizing, rodent infestation chewing on wires/hoses) or just stop working shortly after you bought it? Virtually every RV uses the same brands of components supplied by different manufacturers to the RV builders. So, with that being said, it's premature to blame the RV manufacturer for the failure of components supplied by someone else. And buying something else will come with the same components from the same outside suppliers.

We’ve had to replace so many things or repair so much that we could have rebuilt it from the axels up! Our camper repair man said he has never seen a camper with so many problems. He said a lot of the issues are the way it was put together at the factory that should not have been made that way and things that made no sense. We owned a Forrest River Wildwood before for 5 years and never had one issue with it and it was bought used as well. We were told this camper was kept under an awning by the previous owner and it looks great and in good shape from the inside and out.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plh869 View Post
We’ve had to replace so many things or repair so much that we could have rebuilt it from the axels up! Our camper repair man said he has never seen a camper with so many problems. He said a lot of the issues are the way it was put together at the factory that should not have been made that way and things that made no sense. We owned a Forrest River Wildwood before for 5 years and never had one issue with it and it was bought used as well. We were told this camper was kept under an awning by the previous owner and it looks great and in good shape from the inside and out.

Sorry to hear that. Every manufacturer has those units that "slip through" during assembly. It's a shame because we also owned (& still do own one) 2 Prime Time RV's. A 2011 Lacrosse and our present 2014 Sanibel which we still full time in. Neither needed to go back to the dealer after purchase except for the PDI punch list on both which was very short on both. Prime Time had a great reputation for initial quality & customer service when they first started. But, since I haven't had to contact them in recent years, I'm not sure now.

Good luck which every way you decide to go & just .
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Every manufacturer has those units that "slip through" during assembly. It's a shame because we also owned (& still do own one) 2 Prime Time RV's. A 2011 Lacrosse and our present 2014 Sanibel which we still full time in. Neither needed to go back to the dealer after purchase except for the PDI punch list on both which was very short on both. Prime Time had a great reputation for initial quality & customer service when they first started. But, since I haven't had to contact them in recent years, I'm not sure now.

Good luck which every way you decide to go & just .

Thank you so much!!
Old 03-15-2023, 11:47 AM   #6

We just purchased a 2020 Avenger last August and while we haven't had it very long we did get a good amount of use out of it with no issues (knock on wood). I'm excited to get it opened up after a long winter.
Moho81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #7

I own a 2021 Avenger and so far the only issue I have had (knock on wood) has been a wire to the lights on the rear was shorted out. Hope to open it up in a couple weeks for this camping season
JGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #8

We've got a 2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS, and KNOCK ON WOOD... the only issues we've had was the tank indicator panel wasn't wired up correctly... 3 of the 4 buttons on the panel were indicating the incorrect tank. I had the dealer try to fix it, when we got it back, they really screwed it up and all 4 buttons were now looking at the wrong tanks. So, I dug into it myself and got it straightened out.

Other than that, we've had no problems whatsoever. We love our Avenger!

Hopefully you get it all ironed out!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:53 AM   #9

I have a 2018 Avenger and the only issue with build quality was a leak at the right front corner seam. Pulled it off, seam tape, caulk, good to go.

Couple other issues, hot water tank circuit board, water pump, but those are made by 3rd party vendors so can't blame PrimeTime for those failures.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:29 AM   #10

Ahh, that's right, I did have to replace the water heater control board last year... forgot all about that. And you're absolutely correct, that's not a PT/Avenger problem.

Used a Dinosaur board... that was an ordeal getting the correct board... can't believe I forgot about that.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time