Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #21

We took delivery of our 2013 Sanibel 3501 in nov. We've owned 4 trailers over the last 20 yrs. 1 prowler travel trailer , 1 Dutchman travel trailer 1 prowler regal 5th wheel and the Sanibel. We've looked at dozens of others. And by far for the money , the prime time Sanibel is absolutely the best trailer out there. The floor plan is unbeatable. If your looking to upgrade in the future I suggest you check this trailer out. HAPPY CAMPING. !!!!
chris woznica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhoe59 View Post
If you could turn back time before you bought your primetime rv and you could change your mind and buy some other rv would you? What would you buy?
I'm content with our trailer (Crusader 296bhs), but that shouldn't be taken that my primetime rv is everything it could be. There is a lot of room for improvement in the RV industry that needs to be made in regards to quality. Primetime has a good reputation for warranty coverage, but some of the things that needed fixing should have been right from the factory.

There are some things that should just be standard equipment and I'm baffled why they aren't.

For example:
- a bathroom doorknob with some sort of lock (we have kids)
- ac ceiling vents that can be closed/opened
- toilet paper holder and towel holder in bathroom
- counter top extension that folds down
- pantry organizers
- a thermostat control on the fridge
- built in water pressure regulator

If I were ordering again, I would pay more attention to the add-on options (most specifically the 2nd AC). I AM glad I got the dual pane windows and the touring edition package.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #23

I have a 2014 Lacrosse 329bht. We took it on maiden trip this weekend and got caught in a rain storm, we had water on the floor in the bathroom and in the entry closet. I cant find where it came from. Roof looks perfect and am looking for suggestions? We have owned it for 6 weeks and have had rain befor and no leaks then.
dkaip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaip View Post
I have a 2014 Lacrosse 329bht. We took it on maiden trip this weekend and got caught in a rain storm, we had water on the floor in the bathroom and in the entry closet. I cant find where it came from. Roof looks perfect and am looking for suggestions? We have owned it for 6 weeks and have had rain before and no leaks then.
Check the wipers n seals around the slides. PT forgot to put a seal on bedroom slide and had water come in during rain. I think it was where the lower skirt meets the fiberglass. At least thats what my dealer said.

Upper fridge vent let water in my kitchen floor. Dealer made a wall of caulk behind outside upper vent. Its working for now.

Hope you find it soon!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #25

We have been very happy with our 290RLT, and would buy it again. Floor plan is excellent for us, and we have had only minimal issues. (Rear electric jack switch went bad but is a 2 minute replacement. Added a wingman to the TV antenna and a 4" drain pipe for the sewer hose pipe at rear of camper so it could be stowed outside. Added a TPMS to monitor trailer tires and have never regretted it.
I also switched out the original load range D RoadRider tires after 10,000 miles for load range E Gladiators.

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote