Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #1

Primetime slideout underwearing

Have 2016 Primetime Spartan 1234X They have installed the repair kit on mine one of the plastic repair slide wont hold to slideout they are self adhesive plastic and dont think this is a permanent repair about those whom have use aluminium or stainless like to hear your comments or any other permanent solution. ????...getting desperate after reading this forum and that since 2013 they dont seem to have solve this problem
Old 05-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
sji

I have a PT Crusader and it developed tearing on the underside of the dining and kitchen slides not long after we purchased the trailer. PT sent me the plastic repair kit for each slide. I had the same problem as you have described where the adhesive strips did not hold immediately as I was installing each repair piece. To remedy the problem I used two screws drilled up into the slide floor to make sure each plastic piece would stay in place for the life of the trailer. I inserted the screws near the very end of each piece so the screw head would not interfere with the slide rollers. Finally I covered each screw head with caulk just to make sure that no water could penetrate the area.
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
WJC

Same problem, used liquid nail glue and stapled, I did this two years ago and its as nice as the day I did it!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
WFD

How difficult is it to get these plastic slide pieces in place? The slideout itself must make it difficult to maneuver the plastic slide piece into place as there is constantly weight on it. I don't have a unit like the one mentioned here but have the same problem on my Rockwood trailer. Sounds like the exact same piece.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #5
WJC

Mine wasn't hard at all but I have the cable slides, I jacked one side of the slide up, just watch the top of slide you don't want to make contact with opening, that gave me enough room to install the plastic slide!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out