Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #1

Purchased a 2018 Tracer 253AIR

After researching RV's for a long time I finally a purchased a used 2018 Tracer 253AIR. Bought it mid April and will be using it for the first time this weekend. With all this Covid19 going on no places were taking reservations.

I am excited to use it. This is my first RV. Have thought when I retire I want to full time. I had looked at a couple of larger TT's thinking I would buy the one I want to retire in now. After thinking about it I decided to get something a little smaller to start out in, use on weekends, long vacations to see if I even like RV'ing. As stated before this weekend will be the first time using it. Hopefully it won't take me until Sunday morning to get it all set up just to turn around and put everything away.....LOL.

I also had to purchase everything to use it. Hoses, sewer hoses, wheel chocks, bedding, extension cords, etc., etc., etc. I think I finally have everything I need. Will certainly find out this weekend.

I do have a question. The outdoor shower there was no hose for it. Where you attach the hose it seems like it is a quick connect as it is not threaded. Am I correct that it is a quick connect hose? I seem to be having a problem finding a hose for it. Well I have found a couple but they want $50 for them.

Wondering if anyone else have a Tracer 253AIR and what kind of outdoor shower hose connection it is.

Thanks for your help in advance from this first time RV owner.
rollindowntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome to FRF!
I own a 2016 PrimeTime 255AIR. If you're talking about the quick connect in the docking station, then yes it's a blue coiled quick connect hose.
If you look at the Tracer/TracerAir brochure, it should have a pic of the hose.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #3

Yes, it is in the docking station. I found a couple of the blue coil hoses but they were $50. Is that what they normally run?
Old 05-27-2020, 03:00 PM   #4

Welcome from Texas! That rig should give you a taste of the rv life and a better idea of what you'll want when you retire. The good thing is, you don't need that hose to go camping for the first time. It might take you a bit longer than normal to get hooked up and set up the first time, but it gets easier each time.
Congratulations on you rig.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #5

Thank you Reverse_Snowbird. I am excited to get out and use it. Have only towed it from the dealer to home so far. Another thing I am going to have to get use to is backing into a campsite. I am by myself so going to take my time and just get out and look as frequently as I need to.

It is 28' total length, so I figured this would be a good size to start out with. It has a floor plan that I really like. Rear Kitchen with lots of cabinets/drawers. Theater seats in the slide across from the dining table. What I really like is next to the theater seats it has 2 large storage spaces. One for hanging items and another one below that one. Also, outside the bathroom there is a good size linen closet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PT Wardrobe.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	230025   Click image for larger version

Name:	PT Kitchen.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	230026  
Old 05-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindowntheroad View Post
Thank you Reverse_Snowbird. I am excited to get out and use it. Have only towed it from the dealer to home so far. Another thing I am going to have to get use to is backing into a campsite. I am by myself so going to take my time and just get out and look as frequently as I need to.
You'll probably find someone willing to 'help' guide you into the site when they figure out you need help. Some people are great helpers, others not.
Taking your time and getting out to check frequently is a good idea.
A trucker told me to put my right hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. When you want the back of the trailer to go left, move your hand to the left. To move the back of the trailer right, move your hand to the right.
That rig is luxurious compared to the 19' (no slideout) tt that my spouse and I used to travel 30,000 miles in five years to visit national parks.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #7

Congrats on your purchase. A rear kitchen unit is good in my opinion because it gets it out of the living area which then makes your space seem even bigger! One word of caution is; rear kitchen units get a pretty rough ride. so, beware what kind of "dishes" you get and make sure all the cabinet doors stay closed securely. We had a rear kitchen Lacrosse (bigger cousin of yours) and one thing we never had to worry about was cleaning the crumbs out of the toaster! The rough ride would take care of that. We would just take the dust buster & vacuum out the cabinet. So, take care on how you pack the cabinets & use cushioning material to keep things in place.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:40 PM   #8
Site Team

My TracerAir 255 is a rear kitchen and we have had no such issues.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:49 AM   #9

The dishes I purchased are made of Melamine so they are light weight and supposedly unbreakable. They are not Corelle but similar. Ordered them from Crate and Barrel. They were having a 50% off, not as expensive as I thought they would be. Got wine glasses for $3.00 a piece, plates were $5.00 each. I also bought some rolls of cabinet shelf lining. It is not the flat kind but has some small bubbles like in it which makes it nonskid. I lined the bottom of all the cabinet and drawers first with it. Then I cut small pieces and placed it in between each plate/dish so they don't slide around on top of each other. The drinkware is all acrylic.

I haven't gotten anything yet to lock the cabinet doors shut. Going to take out a couple times to see what happens.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
My TracerAir 255 is a rear kitchen and we have had no such issues.

Not every trip we took but, it seems we always had to wipe or vacuum out the rear cabinets. Whether it be crumbs or residual sawdust, there was always something in there. Heck!, we even found the toaster on the floor once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindowntheroad View Post
The dishes I purchased are made of Melamine so they are light weight and supposedly unbreakable. They are not Corelle but similar. Ordered them from Crate and Barrel. They were having a 50% off, not as expensive as I thought they would be. Got wine glasses for $3.00 a piece, plates were $5.00 each. I also bought some rolls of cabinet shelf lining. It is not the flat kind but has some small bubbles like in it which makes it nonskid. I lined the bottom of all the cabinet and drawers first with it. Then I cut small pieces and placed it in between each plate/dish so they don't slide around on top of each other. The drinkware is all acrylic.

I haven't gotten anything yet to lock the cabinet doors shut. Going to take out a couple times to see what happens.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracer