Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #1

Sanibel 3700 Good or Bad

I am looking at a 2015 USED Sanibel 3700. Seen some bad reviews about water leaks. Any horror stories out there?
eharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #2
clr

I have a 2015 Sanibel model 3601 and have had zero problem with water leaks. We love our unit and Prime Time has been great to deal with.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #3

Most people on this forum are seeking help about the issues they are experiencing with their RV's, whether it's a Sanibel or some other brand. While it is true that many will experience some issues at first, usually by the end of the first year of ownership they will have all the bugs of a new camper worked out.

Performing a thorough PDI when picking up your RV, new or used, can eliminate many of those issues.

So reading the posts on this forum can seem like everyone out there is having nothing but problems with their camper. In reality a vast majority of Sanibel owners, and owners of other brands as well, are satisfied with their RV's.

Find the floorplan you like. Find a dealer you feel you can trust. Be prepared to fix a few issues during the first year and also be prepared to perform periodic preventive maintenance no matter which RV you choose.

From what I have seen and read about the Sanibel's......they are very nice!

&
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #4

We have a 2015 Sanibel 3901 which we bought very gently used. No water leaks whatsoever, and it has been tested this past summer with the Florida storms. We are fultiming in it and are very pleased so far, after 6 months of ownership.
mellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

I did some digging as we are looking to go to a FW in 2017. The only thing that I ran across that concerned me was several issues with slides digging into the floor or tracks breaking. Didn't see that much about leaks.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #6

Have had zero issues with our slides, and we have 5. They have been opened and closed multiple times in our travels. Not opened once and sat in same spot.
mellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #7

We have a 2016 3701. Fantastic FW. No issues what so ever. Do have some friends that have a Sanibel and they have slide scuffing problems.
James Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #8

We also have a 2016 3701 and have had no issues with leaks at all. This is our 4th fifth wheel RV and it is by far the best and the floorplan is awesome.
Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #9

We have a 2014 3551. About 6 months after we bought it it was sitting in my driveway with slides out. Had a bad rainstorm. When I checked inside, the right side slideout had leaked badly. Water came in from top toward the back, warped the inside roof moulding, soaked the couch, carpet, and floor. Took it to dealer and they replaced couch, siliconed along seam, and put sealing tape on inside corner, dried carpet and replaced inside panel on roof of slideout. No problem since then. Dealer said top inside seam was not sealed. Most have no problem with their units, but I wasn't so lucky. Have had many others issues also. Love the Sanibel, but getting tired of issues.
Moochie6903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #10
chesbass

We have a 2015 Sanibel 3901 that we purchased new. We've had 0 problems with leaks. We are fulltime and we love our 5th wheel. Also PrimeTime is an excellent company to deal with.
chesba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:59 AM   #11

Getting ready for a 2016 Sanibel 3601. After reading so many horror stories I'm afraid to buy! I know they all have some issues at first but... do you owners feel they are worth it ?
Jackiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiel View Post
Getting ready for a 2016 Sanibel 3601. After reading so many horror stories I'm afraid to buy! I know they all have some issues at first but... do you owners feel they are worth it ?
One of the main reasons for forums like this one is for people to seek help when having an issue with their campers. That's why you read so many horror stories about any brand.
While it's true that most campers need a little TLC, especially the first year or so, the majority of owners of any model or brand of RV are satisfied with their campers.
When interested in a particular model I look to see if one specific issue is posted by several and if so, have they come up with a fix. It could be that the problem is with older models and the manufacturer has since came up with a solution, such as the fading nose cap.
As many have mentioned on this forum, it's very important to have a good dealer and manufacturer to work with. As far as manufacturers go, I've owned PT campers for 6 years now and they have always been very helpful with any issues I might be having no matter how small or how big. There are many other PT owners on here with the same experience.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
One of the main reasons for forums like this one is for people to seek help when having an issue with their campers. That's why you read so many horror stories about any brand.
While it's true that most campers need a little TLC, especially the first year or so, the majority of owners of any model or brand of RV are satisfied with their campers.
When interested in a particular model I look to see if one specific issue is posted by several and if so, have they come up with a fix. It could be that the problem is with older models and the manufacturer has since came up with a solution, such as the fading nose cap.
As many have mentioned on this forum, it's very important to have a good dealer and manufacturer to work with. As far as manufacturers go, I've owned PT campers for 6 years now and they have always been very helpful with any issues I might be having no matter how small or how big. There are many other PT owners on here with the same experience.

X2 here......same scenario. 2 Prime Time units in 6 years. I have had very few issues with either unit & I've been full timing in the 2nd one for over 2 years & 8,000 miles now so, it has definitely seen use. There has never been a problem or issue that I couldn't fix myself (because I full time, I won't/can't give it up to a dealer) or not gotten a quick response direct from Prime Time when I've had to contact them. There customer service is unmatched & when there have been dealer delay problems, and other owners let them know, they're right on top of it & "things get done"!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel