Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Sanibel Tank Heater Pads

Temps dropping close to freezing tonight here in Cherry Point NC. My unit has two switches for the tank heating pads labeled Tank Heater. I turn both on and both red lights illuminate. I have a manual that covers a number of Therma Heat models. Not sure what model the Sanibel 3500 has and if all three (grey, galley, and black tanks) have them. The book states that the pads are thermostatically controlled and will cycle on and off. How do I know, if this system is working??
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #2

You don't. It also heats the fresh water tank (which may be empty). You could certainly put a little water in the fresh tank and see if it's warmer, but you probably don't want to sample the other tanks for temperature ;-).
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #3

I would not worry to much until it stays below freezing for awhile. We had ours in mesa verde, it was 15-19 at night and low 40s during the day for a week with no problems. Barry is right there is no way to tell if they are working. Should have wired it so the light goes off with temp rise. Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Wayne and Donna
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #4

Turn both switches on last night and the switch lights were still on this morning. I turned them off when the outside temp was mid 50s. Just another item checked on my shakedown.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #5

Enclosed underbelly makes it hard to check Tank heaters. The conn and Valves are exposed with the heaters on them as well,they get Warm. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, sanibel, tank