Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #21
Commercial Member

The 3400s are not in production yet. I'm guessing about 60 days. We have a huge backlog of 3500s to work thru first.

The extra wait will be worth it!
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #22

Do they have an Elevation/Drawing of the Rear entertainment wall. Something not to sensitive, that We could see? (The rest I can extrapolate, but that, being such a focal point, can make or break a coach)
If we don't like the RE layout, the 3500 would be our pick.

Thanks!
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #23

OK - let's get to the important part ! Anyone know what the "suggested retail" price on this puppy will be ???

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Actually, the entire package for the 3400 is done EXCEPT the rear wall - we agree totally that the entertainment center is a big part of making it right and continue to debate the merits of various designs. Generally, there are two concepts out there - one in which you have a base cabinet wall-to-wall with a big window and a separate overhead and (2) a style that is similar but will have cabinets on both sides of the window that extend vertically between the base cabinet and overhead that encloses the window and provides additional storage. Then you can debate whether there should be a "desk" area in the base cabinet to sit at - this is practical for some but usually not very appealing to the eye. You have any ideas on what you would want? Post a picture of something you've seen in a competitor's unit that you like!

MSRP will start in the $60's. Sanibel is dollar-for-dollar with all the best selling brands in this category.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #25

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Nice price point for what your receiving !! Leisure Time RV,OK -- Prime Time --Sanibel , 3500 -- several options included -- MSRP -- $79,797 -- You'll pay less than this !

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #26

Will there be Sanibels at the RV show in Tulsa, OK next week?
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Unfortunately not. Not able to get one done in time for Tulsa.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #28

Spent about 4 hours at Leisure Time RV in OKC today. They showcased the first Sanibel. Beautiful trailer with too many features to mention. Of course I'm biased, but if I was in the market for a high end 5'er I would have bought that Sanibel today. I was really impressed with this 5'er. I prefer it over any other on the lot including the higher priced Montana's.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Rank (RV Guy) today. Really nice guy. All of us PT owners can feel lucky that a guy like Jeff is in charge. He spent about an hour in all talking with me. He told me a little about how they go about trying to make the best trailers they can while still keeping them affordable. Most importantly, he listened very patiently to what I had to say and also looked at my trailer to see areas they might improve. All in all, a very good experience.

I took plenty of pics, but I'm sitting at a KOA after picking up my trailer today and I forgot to bring the cord to connect my camera to my laptop. Doesn't really matter since they told me I can't download or upload pictures on this wifi. So I'll try and get them posted Sunday evening.

By the way, Leisure Time did a great job fixing up the trailer. I have no problem recommending Leisure Time if you live in this area. Great owner. Great sales people. Very good service department.

Added the Jack antenna. Love it. Works great!
Worth looking into if you are thinking about replacing your antenna.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #29

Can I get that fridge for my house? Very nice TT and happy to see my dealer, Leisure Time, get the nod.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Actually, the entire package for the 3400 is done EXCEPT the rear wall - we agree totally that the entertainment center is a big part of making it right and continue to debate the merits of various designs. Generally, there are two concepts out there - one in which you have a base cabinet wall-to-wall with a big window and a separate overhead and (2) a style that is similar but will have cabinets on both sides of the window that extend vertically between the base cabinet and overhead that encloses the window and provides additional storage. Then you can debate whether there should be a "desk" area in the base cabinet to sit at - this is practical for some but usually not very appealing to the eye. You have any ideas on what you would want? Post a picture of something you've seen in a competitor's unit that you like!

MSRP will start in the $60's. Sanibel is dollar-for-dollar with all the best selling brands in this category.
That is awesome, Symmetry is the key!! This is what I was thinking would be perfect, and sorry, I did not have my solid works with me, so I had to go old school on a cereal box. The tray above the optional fireplace covers a slide out desk that is about 1.5 ft deep and the full width of fire place front. The slanted upper and mid cabinets focus the attention on the TV or the window, while providing storage so nothing is lost...
The only thing I say in the 3500 that frightened me was the sconces above the recliners, not my style. So this wipes them out! From every angle in the coach, the rear window will be visible and the light can diffuse better with the angled cabinets. The Sanibel glass will look great above and below and allow the IR remote signal to penentrate to the equipment on the lower left and right flanks. The hinges of the mid cabinets are critical, if they are wrong, the cabinets (holding DVDs etc) will not open with the TV up. I could see you hinged the fireplace of the 3500 which is SWEET! so I would hinge this also. I will understand if you ignore this, but I may cry a tiny bit...

Have a great weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	7493  
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote