Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #1

Slide issues

I own a 2011 Lacrosse 296BHS that I bought new and the last two outings I've had intermittent slide issues. When I try to extend the slide room from the closed position some times I just get a clicking sound like the one you get when the slide is fully opened and you keep pressing the button. Sometimes I cuss a lot and come back in a few minutes and it operates fine. Other times I crawl under my unit to access the manual override bolt and it starts working after a couple of cranks on a socket set. I just got it back from the service department where I bought it, but they said they could not replicate it. They did replace my battery and adjust a "bell valve", whatever that is. Anyone else have a similar situation. The slide is electric and manufactured by Lippert.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #2

I have the exact same problem with my Rockwood !
Let me know if you solve your problem.
Mine is going back to the dealer for service next week, they will look at this also.
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #3

Slide issues

Find and check the ground wire for the slide motor. Had a similar problem and found what looked like corrosion. Cleaned it good where it had good contact with the frame and no more problems. It may look good but don't trust just a quick glance. Take the ground connection loose and clean it with a wire brush. Hope this helps.
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion, but what is weird is once I get the slide past the first few inches it operates normal. And there is never an issue with retracting it.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #5

Exact same thing here.
Seems like the mechanism is pulled to far in to the frame.
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
... when I try to extend the slide room from the closed position some times I just get a clicking sound like the one you get when the slide is fully opened and you keep pressing the button....the slide is electric and manufactured by Lippert.
I'll chime in here as I've quoted the same actuators to Lippert.
These have a ball indent type clutch that starts to slip when overloaded. This is the loud clicking noise you hear at the end of travel. This clutch serves to protect the actuator gearbox from an over torque condition which would cause failure.
When you manually crank with a wrench, you bypass the gearbox.
Your slide is either a bit to difficult to move for some reason, or the clutch is not adjusted correctly. The former condition is the more likely.
I would see if there is a way to free up the slide somehow. Possibly silicone spray?
I did this with my underside floor mods (ref: slide underside wearing thread) and they move much more freely.

I hope this helps.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide