Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #501

Well here we go again. My Crusader went into the shop January 13th to repair the wear and tearing of the under slides material. The first fix was to retape the worn areas. Then after my persuasion, they ordered 1 set of the slide repair kit to see if I approve them. Well I said ok and they ordered the 2nd set for the driver's side slide. Today they called and PT has said they are out of stock and back-ordered and they cannot give a delivery date. I am going next week and pick it up until they get the part in stock. I hope the rest of you are having better luck. My patience is running thin and I'm getting camping fever.
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #502

I have the same situation Fufys. My dealer initially received 2 sets of slide kits. They wrecked the first set because they did not follow the proper procedure. They did manage to install the second set, but it was on the Road Side slide which was not wearing nearly as bad. My curb side slide is where the majority of wear is happening. My wife spoke to the dealer this afternoon and they confirmed the slide kit is on back order. There is no ETA as of yet. I am going to pick it up on Friday morning anyway and start using it again.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #503

I picked up my 295 last Friday morning and enjoyed the weekend in it after a long break. It was so nice to see it again! The slide kit fix had been installed on my road side slide. I was extremely impressed with it. I really believe this will solve the issue once and for all. I've attached a few pictures, not great as it is hard to really get a good picture without crawling under the slide. I can't wait for the kit to be installed on curb side slide. On that slide I will use a slide slicker on the carpet to help protect it as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150328_152523.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	72571   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150328_152616.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	72572  

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 03-31-2015, 05:55 AM   #504
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I picked up my 295 last Friday morning and enjoyed the weekend in it after a long break. It was so nice to see it again! The slide kit fix had been installed on my road side slide. I was extremely impressed with it. I really believe this will solve the issue once and for all. I've attached a few pictures, not great as it is hard to really get a good picture without crawling under the slide. I can't wait for the kit to be installed on curb side slide. On that slide I will use a slide slicker on the carpet to help protect it as well.
The 90 (your 1st pic)on the side is supposed to go under the trim and not on top of it.
My concern is the wipers getting torn and any water that runs off the slide will be directed right to the edge area.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #505

I will take a look at that. Thanks.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #506

The back ordered slide kit have arrived at my dealer, I will be going in to get them installed in a few days. I have had the rig out for a few trips with the first set installed and so far so good, they are working perfectly. I think this should sort this issue once and for all for me.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #507

Back at dealership

I took my 295 back to dealership Monday to have the other slide kit installed. I hope that this is a permanent fix.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #508

So is there a part number for this kit, im having a hard time getting my dealer to understand whats taking place and their almost to the point of being useless...
Codyjb331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 AM   #509
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyjb331 View Post
so is there a part number for this kit, im having a hard time getting my dealer to understand whats taking place and their almost to the point of being useless...
primetime # 10f16032a

Zelda the campin dog
Old 04-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjb331 View Post
So is there a part number for this kit, im having a hard time getting my dealer to understand whats taking place and their almost to the point of being useless...
Try 10f16032a repair kit
Old 04-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #511

I will see if I can the work order on my rig.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #512

Will this work on any camper with a Scwintek slide? What do the slide repair kit cost?

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #513

These kits aren't being installed on the schwintek slides, it is being installed on the main cabin slides, they are standard electric slides. None of us that I know of are having wear issues on the schwintek's. Mine is 100% fine.

No idea on the cost as PT is handling mine under warranty.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
These kits aren't being installed on the schwintek slides, it is being installed on the main cabin slides, they are standard electric slides. None of us that I know of are having wear issues on the schwintek's. Mine is 100% fine.

No idea on the cost as PT is handling mine under warranty.

??? My schwintek slide is on my main slide and is electric.... (and I am having some wear on the bottom material)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #515

Brother Les, I was referring to Prime Products, you have a Hemisphere. I've no idea what type and configuration of slides other products have.

I dropped off my 295 at my dealer today, they will get the second kit installed early next week. While there my wife and I toured around their lot and went into at least 5 Crusaders, all of which were built last year and every single one of them had wear on the slides and many were already re-taped. I spoke with the service manager and asked about new ones, and he said that he had heard new ones would come with the slide kits pre-installed. If that's the case wouldn't it make sense to 'fix' the new ones before selling them?

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #516

Will this part number fix my 2670?

Mine is the waterproof engineered board with a 2 inch strip down each side of the bottom slide.. of course the darco is fraying on mine.. it is now out of warranty.. will this fix my Tracer also? and will Primetime stand up and cover mine also? been doing this from day one and everytime i called dealer they just tell me its normal.. of course its not documented and warranty ran out last July... I emailed Rick from primetime last week and he advised me only fix is to have dealer tape it or i can purchase darco tape from primetime and told me just to add alittle tape here or there when needed...
How hard is this part to install? does the slide have to come off in order to do this or is it a easy 123 fix?
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #517
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
Mine is the waterproof engineered board with a 2 inch strip down each side of the bottom slide.. of course the darco is fraying on mine.. it is now out of warranty.. will this fix my Tracer also? and will Primetime stand up and cover mine also? been doing this from day one and everytime i called dealer they just tell me its normal.. of course its not documented and warranty ran out last July... I emailed Rick from primetime last week and he advised me only fix is to have dealer tape it or i can purchase darco tape from primetime and told me just to add alittle tape here or there when needed...
How hard is this part to install? does the slide have to come off in order to do this or is it a easy 123 fix?
If Im not mistaken, the wood on the slide on a tracer 2670bhs is OSB, which is closer to a sponge then being water proof.
The ends and underside may have a sealant coating on them.

If you put the wear strips on...ya know that nice job on the ends of your slide that you just repaired Well part of the strips tucks up under there. Yep that strip has to be removed and redone.

Forest River Forums - Platokidd's Album: slide-out wear - Picture

Zelda the campin dog
Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #518

Yeah, nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
If Im not mistaken, the wood on the slide on a tracer 2670bhs is OSB, which is closer to a sponge then being water proof.
The ends and underside may have a sealant coating on them.

If you put the wear strips on...ya know that nice job on the ends of your slide that you just repaired Well part of the strips tucks up under there. Yep that strip has to be removed and redone.

Forest River Forums - Platokidd's Album: slide-out wear - Picture
I am not touching that thing again...I will just put darco tape over the fraying part and call it a day. My slide is closed more times then its open. I close it when i leave my seasonal site for the week.. Not gonna worry about something that may or may not happen.. I freaked out enough with that trim... im done with it... ruined my month..LOL
Old 04-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #519

I heard from my dealer yesterday and the news was, well frustrating. They told me that they could not install the slide kit on the curb side slide because it differed from the road side slide. They said that since it tips when it retracts that if they installed the slide kit it would dig into my floor and damage it. They then said they re-taped the slide bottom.

Of course I explained this would not work. The tape would fray and eat itself in no time. My dealer of course agreed with me, but they said they could not damage the floor by installing the slide kit. Their hands are tied.

I then reached back out to PT and was told that there is no reason why the slide bottom should fray unless there is something rubbing, like a screw head. This just ticked me off and I made it 100% clear to them that they obviously knew this was an issue and I check each new Crusader on the lot at my dealer and every single one of them was experiencing the same wear. No answer from PT since. We will see.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 04-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #520

Newfie.. I heard the same thing this morning on my 2670... the fix i was told was to add more darco tape...my slide goes up inch or so when it retracts and im told this fix wont work... i was advised by primetime rep that the wear bar needs to be sanded down because of a bur or something to that matter.. I am done worrying about it.. I will get the tape(which of course they are charging me for) and i will tape up the bad parts every few weeks.. I am done losing sleep over this matter. My head is pounding over this.. time for some camping and beers....

Tags
slide, slide out