Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 PM   #621

What do these strips cost? Does the lip just fit under metal slide strips and bottom run in with slide over the slip strip? Thanks for info.
Steve
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #622

They are $35 set of two

Not sure of install process as we are waiting till spring to do ours....
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #623

Thanks for the price. Where did you buy them?
Old 02-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #624

We got ours no charge thru the dealer contacting PT on our behalf - long story but we are paying a mobile rv service to come to our house for install
Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDiesel View Post
All of the the repair systems for the torn Darco fabric look good: the plastic shields, UHMW polyethylene sheet, and now aluminum sheet. After 8 weeks of complaining to deaf ears at PT, I have just completed another method. I was able to jack up the slideout about 3/4" and install 3" wide x 1/32" thick Slick Strips (sold by elastics.com). Easy to install with peal-and-stick adhesive and then silicone the side edges, just under the side trim. Since these are relatively thin, no adjustment to the slideout is needed. I put about 24" wide section at each end and then about a 30" wide section under the frig. Slides smooth and easy, since the strips are UHMW polyethylene, same stuff as the slide bar.

We are lucky that we discovered this problem before the floor got wet and rotted out. There are thousands of owners who will not realize the problem until they need thousands $$ of repairs. Has anyone thought about a class action lawsuit. This could be really big, with thousands of rigs affected. Does anyone know a lawyer willing to take this on?
This looks like a great repair-anyone else used it?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #626

I spoke with Dawn prime time last week in regards to the tearing darco wrap on our 2016 prime time Crusader that still under warranty. Since she’s new to this position within the company she wasn’t aware of this particular problem. Dawn did a bit of research and PT will be sending me what they call a pair of slide slickers. Apparently, the part numbers listed here in the forum have changed once I have the parts in hand I will post the part numbers.

During my conversation with Dawn, I advised her of this particular thread with over 107,000 views she looked it up referencing what I was referring to in regards to the damaged area. Quite frankly I don’t even think PrimeTime has produced hundred and 107K units so having 107K hits is interesting indeed.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post

SEE LINKS BELOW FOR FIX PT part #10F16032A
There are several other way to repair this problem. The thread is long and sifting thru all the posts is time consuming. Thought I would post a couple of links to the wear strips and the part #
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this under slide outs without any feedback from anyone.
So I thought I would post it here.
This is the underneath side of my fridge / tv slide out on our 2014 Lacrosse 323rst.
Anybody else see a slide wear like this?
Looking for info and help with this. Dealer puts more tape on it and adjust it but that is wearing too. They have also changed the small corner wipers.
Prime time is unresponsive to the pictures I sent that they have asked for!
Under that black layer of plastic fabric is a white layer of more plastic , thin boarding looks like cardboard and then Styrofoam.
The tape they have put on is now wearing too.
Prime time needs a wear strip or use Masonite down there. My neighbor has the same unit and his underside looks like crap compared to mine.
Looking to fix this before it becomes a bigger problem.
Carl
Un-boxed
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post617651
installed
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post624479
slide slickers are NOT what is installed on the bottom of the slideout to cover the wear and protect it in the future

slide slickers are like plastic skis that are laid on the floor inside when you run the slide in - the slide is supposed to roll on top of these and it only serves to protect the carpet or linoleum inside - DOES NOT SOLVE OR REPAIR THE UNDERSIDE TEARING OF THE DARCO

Tell her you want the slide wear repair strips NOT slide slickers
Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #628

see my reply posted below on wrong post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
i spoke with dawn prime time last week in regards to the tearing darco wrap on our 2016 prime time crusader that still under warranty. Since she’s new to this position within the company she wasn’t aware of this particular problem. Dawn did a bit of research and pt will be sending me what they call a pair of slide slickers. Apparently, the part numbers listed here in the forum have changed once i have the parts in hand i will post the part numbers.

During my conversation with dawn, i advised her of this particular thread with over 107,000 views she looked it up referencing what i was referring to in regards to the damaged area. Quite frankly i don’t even think primetime has produced hundred and 107k units so having 107k hits is interesting indeed.
you do not want slide slickers !!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #629

Quote:
I spoke with Dawn prime time last week in regards to the tearing darco wrap on our 2016 prime time Crusader that still under warranty. Since she’s new to this position within the company she wasn’t aware of this particular problem. Dawn did a bit of research and PT will be sending me what they call a pair of slide slickers. Apparently, the part numbers listed here in the forum have changed once I have the parts in hand I will post the part numbers.

During my conversation with Dawn, I advised her of this particular thread with over 107,000 views she looked it up referencing what I was referring to in regards to the damaged area. Quite frankly I don’t even think PrimeTime has produced hundred and 107K units so having 107K hits is interesting indeed.
Did she give you any dimensions for the slide slickers? What size slide are you doing?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:52 AM   #630

see post #613

it has the part numbers that we received direct from PT for the slide wear repair kit
Old 02-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #631

Just called got voice mail will wait for a return call so I can get clarity on what the parts actually are.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #632

Just got my unit back a few weeks ago from some warranty work/adjustments. I had the same issue with my slides. I was told that it was happening because the fabric was too loose so they tightened it. Now I think it is worse than before.

Planning on calling them back to inform them. However, might wait now and see what this part is and maybe request that be installed instead.

So great information in this thread!

Days Camped in last 3 years - 79
Planned Days in 2021 - 50
Days Camped in 2021 - 0
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I picked up my 295 last Friday morning and enjoyed the weekend in it after a long break. It was so nice to see it again! The slide kit fix had been installed on my road side slide. I was extremely impressed with it. I really believe this will solve the issue once and for all. I've attached a few pictures, not great as it is hard to really get a good picture without crawling under the slide. I can't wait for the kit to be installed on curb side slide. On that slide I will use a slide slicker on the carpet to help protect it as well.
These were installed over the side trip piece? Anyone have better photos of them installed?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #634

Yes, I do not want slide slickers.
I am working on an item called a slide ski. My slide is about 36" in depth - 2016 Crusader 260 RLD couch and eating area slide. If it doesnt pan out there are several fixes posted that look excellent. Thanks to all posters. Steve
Old 02-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #635

I am wondering if PT has had a recent change in staff. Several of the people many of us have dealt with are no longer with PT. It's really too bad that they are not at least informing incoming staff to the common issues.

Anyone can look at the damage and see clearly that it is caused by the darco fabric rubbing on the wear bars and tearing.

I have my own 'slide slickers', I just use some hobby board, about 1/16" thick. I lay 2 pieces down; one near the back area around the fireplace and one near the front corner. I mainly do it to help with the wear on the carpet from the slide.

The only REAL solution is to have the plastic pieces installed on the slides. Well over a year since mine was done and the problem is 100% gone.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #636

Which pieces are you refering to?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #637

I have decided to use strips under my slide like prior poster did. Pictures from prior poster. The 6" corner strips will barely touch under slide floor on my unit. I want to slightly elevate the slide bottom to stop it fom rubbing on the Darco material.Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1486341532239.jpeg
Views:	545
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	129394Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1486130451163.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	129395
Old 03-09-2017, 10:55 PM   #638

Received the parts from PT thought it would be simple to install but it looks like a PITA to be honest. Will take my rig to the dealer for install since it's under warranty. One end has a ramp the other is flat no installation instructions provided.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	131500   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	132
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	131501   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	131502  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #639

Can you see a part# in packing slip? What size slide(width) are you putting them on? What is the length of these part?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #640

Quote:
Received the parts from PT thought it would be simple to install but it looks like a PITA to be honest. Will take my rig to the dealer for install since it's under warranty. One end has a ramp the other is flat no installation instructions provided.

The angled end goes toward the inside of the slide. I can see mine on the inside cause it's starting to slip and is "peeking" out from under the slide corner inside.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out