Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #1

Slideout awnings for a Lacrosse 308RLS

I went to the Boston ,Mass camping and rv show on Feb.3rd ,2012. I was talking to the dealer on this unit and I wanted slideout awnings on the slide outs. The following day he texted me informing me that the manufacturer says there is no support in slide wall for slideout awnings {toppers}. I'm just a little bit surprised.
mb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2011 View Post
I went to the Boston ,Mass camping and rv show on Feb.3rd ,2012. I was talking to the dealer on this unit and I wanted slideout awnings on the slide outs. The following day he texted me informing me that the manufacturer says there is no support in slide wall for slideout awnings {toppers}. I'm just a little bit surprised.

I wouldn't believe that. I think there are other PT owners here who have had them installed. I am seriously considering having them installed this spring. Sounds like they just don't want to bother installing them for you.

RV Guy?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3

back in october,2011 I asked the RV GUY about toppers installed at the factory and he answered me that they have the dealers install them. at the show I talked to the company rep. and he even heard me tell dealer i wanted toppers.Then the next day i get the text that says we can't. when i was there they had three 308's and come the next day they said they had 1 left.They were giving me a way better deal than show price.I guess with 1 left they decided they wanted to get top dollar. After going to the show I found out that show price on the TT's is not the bottom price. No big surprise there!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Commercial Member

We do not put backers into the slide-out walls for the express purpose of installing slide-out awnings. However, lots of dealers do install them anyway and I'm not aware that there are installation issues. Most likely, there are not issues because several of the bracket installation screws hit our existing aluminum wall framing that is stuffed with wood on the perimeter.

If a dealer asks us, we recommend that they use a bonding agent behind the brackets.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #5

RV Guy
Thanks for the great info and i'll pass this on to the dealer.

Tags
awning