Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
More like 2 -3 hours to fab the straps that bolt around the 2 x 4 tube, re-work the top of the jacks and position/mark them so they do not interfere with the tires, remove for welding, painting and re-installation. But, regardless, it is a time saving mod to just take the cordless drill and run them down and then tighten with a ratchet to actually lift the trailer a little off the tires. Sure takes the bounce out of the trailer when used in conjunction with the other things.

2 to 3 hours?
geez, how many coffee breaks does that include.
Of course, I wouldn't have to fabricate the mounting straps, as I have stock on the shelf that would take minutes to cut to the right size.
And I have done so much fabricating over the years, that little jobs are pretty basic, not requiring a lot of time for design.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
...not requiring a lot of time for design.
Design has been done.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Design has been done.
I prefer to do my own design, thanks anyway.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
But, regardless, it is a time saving mod to just take the cordless drill and run them down and then tighten with a ratchet to actually lift the trailer a little off the tires. Sure takes the bounce out of the trailer when used in conjunction with the other things.
I'm likely going to have to go this route. The Valterra Stabilizer Stand didn't do diddly squat.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm likely going to have to go this route...
As you know, they don't have to be permanently attached to the trailer. I had removable ones on my old trailer and just had to pull a pin and rotate them. As the years go by and I get lazier and lazier, decided to permanently attach them.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
Site Team

I had em front and back on my wildcat 5th wheel. Extremely stable when done correctly. It did have leaf springs. HOWEVER, my rockwood ultralight, with torsion bars, does not have em and i wish it did. It shakes really bad even if only sneezing. Lol. Toying with a few ideas now.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I prefer to do my own design, thanks anyway.
Remember old Turbs saying "No pictures, didn't happen"
Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm likely going to have to go this route. The Valterra Stabilizer Stand didn't do diddly squat.
There is a perfect example of very poor design, as there is not nearly enough angle on the legs to provide much, if any, motion control.
If they had crossed the legs it would have worked much better.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
semi-senior member

i have JT's on my 320RS, had them on my previous 5er, they make a tremendous difference taking the shake out. Not rock solid but then again your rig is sitting on four air filled balloons. Well worth the cost IMHO

Happy Camping
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7HO
Aisin 6speed Auto
SE Mo
denandra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #30

In general we noticed a big improvement after we installed the JT's on our Sabre. Especcially after adding the 3rd set on the rear electric stablizers. This required an addtional adapter bracket that JT provided.

But we do notice a reduced improvement when camping on some dirt surfaces. I find that we need to re-tweak the rear stabs or landing gear as the rig settles in. This is pretty common I think, but the JT's contribute to the overall effort, since they have to be lossened & re-tightened. All in all I'm glad I installed them and continue to recomend them to others.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote