Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #1

Texas storms

Storms and drought feed trees don't mix!! Had a storm hit the park area where we're at and the tops of trees were flying and falling, so with my luck one 4" branch came thru the slide roof....(*@#%).. rain pouring in faster than we could keep up with...debris on the slide had to be clear before I could close the slide to stop the rain from pouring in. The tree had bent the lip across the top and it would not allow it to seal. had to go back out in the weather(*&#@) and bend it out to get it to seal. Trailer flooded and a hole in the roof what you guys think I'm looking at in repairs, I know the slide has to come out to repaired but how about the rest that had water...asking what I should be looking at as far as damage. I have insurance but what I'm thinking down the line on things that was damaged but not repaired.
2011: 365
2012: 365
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #2

Man I hate to hear that. I hope everyone is OK.

Not being there to see for myself I can't really say what you need to worry about down the road. I'm guesing that you'll need to check all wood, cabinets & trim. Carpet's probably ruined. If water soaked the walls or somehow intruded inside the walls, well then you looking at possible delam problems. Mold as well.

Don't be surprised it the insurance company totals the tt. They may come out and look then "guess" at the repair costs, but wherever you take it for repairs will most likely have a higher figure after they dig into the damage. I'm sure they'll find things that the adjuster can't see and they will have a better idea of the cost to repair.

Which slide was it? The wardrobe or the max?

Best of luck to you and keep us updated.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbritt View Post
Storms and drought feed trees don't mix!! Had a storm hit the park area where we're at and the tops of trees were flying and falling, so with my luck one 4" branch came thru the slide roof....(*@#%).. rain pouring in faster than we could keep up with...debris on the slide had to be clear before I could close the slide to stop the rain from pouring in. The tree had bent the lip across the top and it would not allow it to seal. had to go back out in the weather(*&#@) and bend it out to get it to seal. Trailer flooded and a hole in the roof what you guys think I'm looking at in repairs, I know the slide has to come out to repaired but how about the rest that had water...asking what I should be looking at as far as damage. I have insurance but what I'm thinking down the line on things that was damaged but not repaired.
Sorry to read of your misfortune... can you use a wet-vac to get most of the water out of the carpets? Anything to get it dried out ASAP is going to lessen the water damage...

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Site Team

So sorry to read about the damage to your trailer and more so being full timers. Please keep us updated.

Take care.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #5

I'd pull back the carpeting if possible to make sure that and everything underneath dried then have it relaid. Friend had flood in basement of his home and did that worked out great.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #6

Texas Storms

Thanks guys for the comebacks and the support, been 4 days now and Gary your right already have some delam. started at the front end of the slide. Watching the walls real close too have a sign of the wallpaper starting to curl. Insurance guy has'nt showed up yet, but the rains and storms have moved on for now, got a roof patch kit and got the hole covered, so we are still living in it but I know it's gonna get worst before I get it in for repair...will post some pic's. soon.

i
2011: 365
2012: 365
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #7

pic's...

the roof outside and inside
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	latest 114.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	50.0 KB