Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #41

@One Mad Marine
How have your tires held up over the 5,000 miles of towing with the Towmax tires on them? I am most likely going to be putting on the Goodyear G614 next year since I travel pretty heavy most of the time. I will also be changing out my 12V batteries and putting two 6V batteries in their place. So far after buying my 1032 in early July, only the batteries have been my major complaint so far. We have had a few other issues but they have all been minor and still have people coming over to our campsite wanting to go inside our trailer to look at it.
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #42

I just bought a 2015 Spartan 1032 and the blue lights are there but they are behind the white frame of the light fixture. It produces a blue glow but doesn't bother me at all. I'm not sure if this is how the earlier models have it but it sounds like from some of the comments they shine right in your eyes. Mine doesn't do that, so hopefully they fixed it
Tigerbill 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #43

We looked at the Spartan 1234 because we needed the 12' garage but the floor plan in the Columbus Palomino 3650 we just loved so went with the Palomino I think its a 8 to 9 out of 10 so far. After a few years we will be looking again at the Spartan and I'm glad to hear your good feed back on it. Thanks
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #44

Just purchased 2015 spartan 1239 taking it out this weekend, maiden voyage. I will keep you posted if I find any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Adh203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #45

Battery life doesn't seem to be very good. I'm thinking about the 2 6v as well. The lack of any garage insulation thanksgiving week in north Georgia was an issue. The garage definitely got too cold. Really going to look at a remedy for that oversight. Glad I live in Florida but it will help in summer too.

Dwighop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #46

Has anyone removed the garage underbelly insulation to install wheel chocks for motorcycles.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #47

The Spartan Toy Haulers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adh203 View Post
Has anyone removed the garage underbelly insulation to install wheel chocks for motorcycles.

Insulation? I didn't see a lick under the garage. I'm thinking about dropping the fuel tanks and adding foam board. I've got a 1240x.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #48

2015 spartan 1239 fully covered front to back even the garage on mine. The heat duct to garage is way under sized will be using a portable heater back there if needed

Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #49

Wonder what happened with mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #50

Here is how maiden voyage went. All major appliances worked trouble free. We love the fireplace the nightly lows were in the low 30s and the fireplace kept the whole rig warm no furnace used saved on lp. Now the bad found some trims came loose and the gfi tripped twice over three day use. Also a couple of minor cosmetic blems but overall now bad for a new rig.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #51

Has anyone replaced the cheap Towmax tires with better tires yet? I am soon to be going to either GY G614's or Sailun S637 G rated tires. I am also not sure if the rims will be able to handle the G rated tires or not? Another upgrade I will be doing in the coming months is going to 6 volt house batteries. My 1032 came with 2 group 24 12V batteries that do not hold up well when we do BLM or forest service land camping which is 98% of the time. The batteries were not wired in parallel so the one 12V house battery has to be recharged frequently. I was thinking of leaving one 12V battery in as the generator start battery and adding two 6V house batteries. I think there will be enough space in the compartment to do this. What battery types are you other Spartan owners using?
Old 03-24-2015, 07:06 AM   #52

Looking for some A/C experiances. We can't keep our 1240x cool during the day even when in the 80's. We ran the a/c all night and it was really pleasant but as soon as the sun comes up the living room starts heating to the outside temperature. We are on our 2nd unit on the living room roof. Bedroom works great and will freeze you out but the living room and garage is terrible. My most lingering question is when only the living room a/c is running it puts air out all the vents including the bedroom and bathroom. Is that right? Seems like it should only run to the living room and garage vents. I don't really understand why it would waste air out the bedroom vent when the bedroom has it's own a/c. All help and insight appreciated. We love our unit but can't take the heat with summer approaching. Is the 2nd roof unit defective too?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #53
Dye

Hi guys, new guy here. Just brought home a 15 1032. This is my second th and after much research and trips to local dealer decided to bring her home. I've read all the posts found hear and have already gained some insight from you. Much appreciated. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can address.
I read in Spartans brochure they had ducted heat in the garage. I cannot find one heat duct in the floor. I have not called the dealer yet but plan on it. I planned on having a portable heater there for the kids to adjust themselves but feel there should be some ducted heat if they report this in their brochure. I didn't pay attention to this on my walk thru.
Secondly will be adding tire chucks for hauling heavy bikes and wanted a little guidance on floor stud placement as well as manufacturer that work well, detach easy and very durable.
Thanks for your input and look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from yours.
Dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:43 AM   #54

Should be three holes in the wall right at floor level. They are cut into the diamond plate. The heat is woefully inadequate for the rear so a solid space heater will help a lot.
I haven't mounted my condor in the back yet so can't tell you about stud locations. I do love my condor mounted in my home garage though. Drive in and hop off.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #55

Dye - I also have a '15 1032 and do not have any heat ducts in the garage area either. I have used a small propane heater that does a good job of keeping things warm back there.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #56

As mentioned their are three small holes under the door going to the garage right at the floor of the garage. U need to bend down to see them
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:22 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwighop View Post
Looking for some A/C experiances. We can't keep our 1240x cool during the day even when in the 80's. We ran the a/c all night and it was really pleasant but as soon as the sun comes up the living room starts heating to the outside temperature. We are on our 2nd unit on the living room roof. Bedroom works great and will freeze you out but the living room and garage is terrible. My most lingering question is when only the living room a/c is running it puts air out all the vents including the bedroom and bathroom. Is that right? Seems like it should only run to the living room and garage vents. I don't really understand why it would waste air out the bedroom vent when the bedroom has it's own a/c. All help and insight appreciated. We love our unit but can't take the heat with summer approaching. Is the 2nd roof unit defective too?

Was the AC unit in the bedroom added after the original production of the unit? That would explain why it is trying to cool the bedroom. During the original build of the trailer ducting was run throughout the trailer. If I remember correctly the second unit in the bedroom is not ducted. A solution would be to disconnect and block the venting to the bedroom from the living room AC. This will divert the wasted cooling to the living area and the garage.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #58

@ gtsum2
Not in the 1032's. There is a glass slider between the garage and the rest of the RV.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #59

2016-1234X coming soon..anyone have 3 season doors between patio and garage I have added this option and thermos pane and wonder if those doors lock?
Pierre Allard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #60
Dye

Thanks for the input fellas. I had to put my reading glasses on to see them and as stated their are three tiny little holes that I guess are going to provide some heat. Prime time said ducted heat and there it is. Ok so it looks as though those holes duct right off the heat vent that's right on the inside of the glass door. I believe I can replace that vent with a residential shutter vent to gain some extra heat to garage if needed. With the fireplace in the kitchen/living room area I doubt it would hurt anything to lose a little heat and maybe push it directly in garage. Will still purchase a stand alone heater for garage.
Will look into the condor thanks as well.
Dye is offline   Reply With Quote