Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #1

This is what Mcclains RV did!

My slide needed to be adjusted.. This was thier answer. They moved the whole motor ass over about an 1 1/2". In doing so it exposed the side of my camper so they added the strip you see running up the side. If you remove that there are the old mounting holes exposed. The next picture is from inside the coach. They took a peice of 1x2 and wedged it between the wall and the slide and left it exposed. You can see daylight at the top. The last picture is looking under the slide from the inside out. They added rollers to the bottom of the slide and just cut the gasket out. There is a one inch gap open across the bottom. You can read the whole story on this same forum under Schwentek issues!! Mcclain RV issues..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outside slide.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	10346   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside bathroom.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	10347   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside slide.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	10348  
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2

I forgot to metion this is a 7 month old $35,000 coach. It has been slept in 5 nights since new...
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #3

That looks terrible. You might try contacting PT yourself; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
I read your other posts and it doesn't sound like your dealer knows what they're doing. PT will help either with your current dealer or maybe find a different authorized repair shop near you.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'd suggest that you send these pictures to Prime Time and see what they say!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #5

I have already done that. I have been in contact with them, and the dealership the last two days.. They suggested that I take it to another dealer. Went to two today and both declined to work on it. They said they didn't want to inherant someone elses problems. Both dealers were Forest River dealers. I told Prime Time today I want my camper back the way it was the day I bought it. They told me to take it back to Mcclain's and see if they can make it right. This is after Mcclains has turned the trailer back over to me "fixed" twice and each time was worse than the last. I don't know what to do!! I hate people who talk about sueing....but I might contact a attorney and see what it takes to get a buy back... I really like our Crusader, I wish they would just swap with me and take this thing back.. I can't see that it will ever be right again.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #6

Are you the Original Owner and purchased it new?
What year is your crusader and is it still under warranty?

I would call the factory and politely tell them what your issue is with the dealer and why you refuse to take it back there and need their assistance in getting this resolved.
As long as you stay calm and not yell - I would think they would be more apt to help you provided you are the original owner. If you are the 2nd owner - you are on your own most likely.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #7

Since the other dealers in your area refuse to work on it (manufacturer can't make them) and you don't trust McClains (don't blame you either), then maybe you can work out a deal with PT to get it back to the factory. You might have pay cost of shipping or at maybe they'll split it with you, but at least you know it will be fixed right.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #8

No I bought it brand new 7 months ago's... I have remained calm (don't know for how much more though) And was pretty well told this afternoon that I needed to take it back to this dealer if I want to get this resolved.. But no one can tell me how this is going to get resolved. How are they going to make it EXACTLY the way it rolled off the show room floor when I bought it ??? And the best part.. I have a 10 day spring break trip bought and paid for in three weeks!! They will never be able to make it the way it was new without throwing away that bedroom slide and starting with a new one. And pull the skin off the trailer and repair what material was cut away! And all of this done according to the service manager at Mcclains because this is what he was told to do by Prime Time. I shouldn't have to pay for a thing! I bought a camper with a warranty. Paid a lot of money for that I might add.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtad View Post
.........And all of this done according to the service manager at Mcclains because this is what he was told to do by Prime Time........
I have only heard about Mcclains. Never dealt with them, but I have dealt with PT for well over a year now. My experiences would lead me not to believe what the service manager said. JMHO
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #10

Oh I am sure he is full of it. I am making a trip to "visit" with him in the morning. I have Roger at Prime Times direct number, we are all going to get on speaker phone together and let him explain it to everyone.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #11

The main thing, I hope it all gets worked out no matter who said what or who did what! Everyone should be working towards getting your 5'er in good working order by the time you take your trip next month.

Good luck to you.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #12

Thats all I want!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #13

Sent you a pm.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #14

If you haven't already, start keeping records of everything that is happening. It will help in case you need to use a consumer advocate group or a lawyer to get satisfaction.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
camping

I would suggest to Prime Time and McClain's that "they" need to pay to have the unit shipped back to the factory for proper repairs- I'm sure they have transporters dropping off units from time to time.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #16

jtad....I had a major problem with the slide my couch is in. PT pick-up my 270ret at my home and sent it to the factory for repair. They sent it back to my home after all repairs ( week and 1/2 )!! The only one that can make it right, is the factory............I went thru the same thing with my dealer. The dealer had it all messed up.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #17

Haul that thing to Southern RV in Tyler, they will make it right.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtad View Post
I hate people who talk about sueing....but I might contact a attorney and see what it takes to get a buy back.
I agree on the sueing. However a letter from a lawyer can sometimes do wonders. Retain a lawyer, or even better get a friendly one to help you out. Have the lawyer write a letter explaining what you're requesting and how they could be at fault, liable for the cost of replacement, etc. All coached in legalize. The lawyer should have the letter delivered to them. Certified mail or courier. The Lawyer will know all about how to do this. Little things like having copies of the letter delivered to the owner of the dealership so it bypasses the people you've been dealing with.

It's amazing how helpful some businesses become when that letter from the lawyer shows up. You can imagine how it goes at the dealership. Upper management gets this letter, and down the chain of command goes the message, "Make this go away! Give them what they want!" Everyone is afraid for their jobs so they bend over backwards to help you.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #19

Is there a lemon law that pertains to RV's? If you've had it 7 months and only used it for 5 nights, there HAS to be some provision of the lemon law in there somewhere. As much as you hate to think about suing, I think it is time to at least consult an attorney. Neither your dealer or Prime Time sound like they're willing to get this issue resolved. A letter from a lawyer would certainly propel them to make this right. I would want a completely new unit to replace this one, since they've made this one unusable.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #20

Sir or madam, do seek a counsellor-at-law. You are not ambulance chasing. You are only desiring to be made whole – in other words – seeking justice. Your reason for taking the trailer to the dealership in first place was to be made whole – is that not true? Instead of being made whole, you may have been placed in a worse condition; hence, is possibly why the other dealers did not want to touch your trailer – maybe not even with a 10-foot pole belonging to another. Sometimes justice requires a lawsuit, just as restoration of health requires medical practitioners to sometimes make an incision into the flesh of the patient. Man, standup for yourself! If you let your warranty expire, you will see that dealer having absolutely no problem standing up for himself when he refuses to make good on your loss.

I do not believe in frivolous lawsuits, but I do believe in justice. There is difference between the two.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote