Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #1

Tracer Air 250 water leak under rig

Hello All,

I have a water leak that I can't track down. When I am connected to city water I do not have a leak. When I am using my pump it only leaks when water is running at bathroom faucet. I can turn on the water pump, it pressurizes and there is no leak. Water pump only runs when a faucet is open.

Today I went through this process.
Hooked up to City water. Turned on each faucet one by one and back off checking for leaks. There was no leaks.
I then disconnected city water open low point drains opened all faucets.
Once water stopped flowing I closed the low point drains and all faucets.

I then added a good 10 to 15 gallons to my water tank.
Turned on the water pump waited the few seconds for it to pressurize.
Once pressurized I turned on the outside shower, water pump turned on. I allowed it to run for 15 seconds checking for leaks, no leaks.

I did the same for the kitchen faucet, shower, and toilet. No leaking water.
Pump also shut off shortly after I turned off each of these faucets/let go of the toilet lever.

I then turned on the bathroom faucet and there was a leak within a few seconds.
The leak is under the rig and the water pours down off the side of the grey water tank which is forward of the bathroom, center of the rig under the kitchen area.

Also the grey tank is empty.

I have contacted ForestRiver to see if they can send me a plumbing and/or electrical diagram of my rig. They were very quick to send me a roof structure diagram when I asked a few weeks back so hopefully they will be for this request as well.

Any idea why I would have a leak only when using the bathroom sink and water pump?
mitsured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #2

This one has me stumped! Also, you won't find any plumbing or wiring schematics for towable RV's. Roof diagrams are available because they are necessary to build the "jig" for mass assembly but, the plumbing and wiring is left up to the individual "plumber" or "electrician" as the unit moves through the assembly plant (I've taken tours so, I've seen this). All they have is a plan with the model number of the unit and where each faucet, drain, electrical outlet, light fixture etc. is to be installed. How they get the wires & water/drain pipes to that area is up to them.

Does your Tracer have an enclosed underbelly? if so, you may have to lower it and run the water/pump to see where the leak is originating from.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
This one has me stumped!...
You and me both.
It does have the covered under belly along with a lot of expansion foam around the sewer outlet. They also ran the gas line under the under belly so I'd to find a way to drop that as well.

I was able to take out a couple screws and pull the under belly down a few inches which is how I could tell where the stream of water was coming.

I also think I've determined where the water pump is located. It sounds as though it's behind a panel within the back right storage compartment below the bunk beds. It would also makes sense as that would be right in front of the hot water heater.

Though it doesn't help to explain why the water is coming down from a location 6 to 8 ft in front and a foot higher than where I think the water pump is located.
The bath is also in the rear so the pump is behind the bathroom through the leak is in front of the bathroom.

I'm thinking it's got to be a valve though still doesn't make sense seeing it is only 1 faucet.

Right now the plan is not to use the bathroom sink if we're using the pump.
mitsured is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tracer, water, water leak