Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2022, 05:09 PM   #1

Tracer Le Ac issues?

Hi all, im a now one year owner of a 2021 Tracer Le 32 ft with the Furrion Ac unit on roof. Its been back 5 times since our first trip with the same issue. Ac Evaporator keeps freezing up. Being in automotive There are only two reasons for this , but Myers Rv in Albuquerque where we bought it keeps blowing us off like we’re nuts. Im kind of at my wits end with this. Ready to remove it and install a coleman rooftop Ac. Am I the only one ? Am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B69D92E-C435-407B-A950-91337E0BC093.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	277194  
Teacherguy0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
Site Team

You can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician for warranty work. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
Also the a/c has its own separate warranty from the a/c manufacturer. Contact them for warranty work also.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician for warranty work. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
Also the a/c has its own separate warranty from the a/c manufacturer. Contact them for warranty work also.
Yeah that was the problem, last time the dealer had it, they kept id for 4 months. My base warranty thru FR EXPIRED as a result. thinking of contacting other dealers to actually fix this. Last visit had an awning repair stemming from literally the day we bought it , still having issues there too. I like some parts of my cardboard paradise, but the QC is lacking and has been since day 1
Old 08-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherguy0426 View Post
Hi all, im a now one year owner of a 2021 Tracer Le 32 ft with the Furrion Ac unit on roof. Its been back 5 times since our first trip with the same issue. Ac Evaporator keeps freezing up. Being in automotive There are only two reasons for this , but Myers Rv in Albuquerque where we bought it keeps blowing us off like we’re nuts. Im kind of at my wits end with this. Ready to remove it and install a coleman rooftop Ac. Am I the only one ? Am I missing something?
Yes, 2 reasons why they'll ice up. Either low on charge or not enough airflow through that evaporator. On my coleman a/c units there is a sensor on a wire that should be pushed between the fins of the evaporator that senses when the temp is too cold and will cycle the compressor off and on as needed to prevent freeze up. Its possible your Furrion a/c has one of those sensors and it may have fallen out of the evaporator. At this point its worth checking out and while you're up in the ceiling you can check to make sure all the supply air discharge openings are clear, no tape or insulation blocking airflow. Of course thats assuming your camper has a ducted a/c system. Good luck and let us know how you did.
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440scout View Post
Yes, 2 reasons why they'll ice up. Either low on charge or not enough airflow through that evaporator. On my coleman a/c units there is a sensor on a wire that should be pushed between the fins of the evaporator that senses when the temp is too cold and will cycle the compressor off and on as needed to prevent freeze up. Its possible your Furrion a/c has one of those sensors and it may have fallen out of the evaporator. At this point its worth checking out and while you're up in the ceiling you can check to make sure all the supply air discharge openings are clear, no tape or insulation blocking airflow. Of course thats assuming your camper has a ducted a/c system. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Yes the temperature sensor did actually come out at one point but I put it back him long before the last time at a stop. I haven’t tried to take the cover off yet to see if there’s any issues with the discharge or return. But like I said being under warranty I’m more than a little irritated at the fact that there aren’t really doing much to fix this problem and it keeps happening.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #6

Maybe that sensor fell out again. As for those dealers, I wouldn't depend on them much, they will keep your camper for another 4 months. Who knows? They're under staffed, etc, etc, etc. If it was me, I would tackle it myself and do a better job than them. You being experienced in automotive can probable figure it out pretty quick. Your skills will carry over to the RV side. Let us know how it goes.
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracer