Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #1

Tv size in 297rsk bedroom

Just purchased my first fifthwheel... being from Ohio it is sitting in storage til spring. I am gathering together all the little things I would want when I finally get to enjoy it.

Wondering how wide the area is where I an place a TV on the wall in the bedroom? I didn't measure the space between the sliding door on the bedroom side and the end of that wall. Any ideas on how wide the TV case can be? If someone has access easily to their trailer and could measure the space from the bedroom slid open to the end of the wall I would appreciate it.

Also just what exactly is behind that sticker that says "mount TV here"? Is it a stud or just a backer board ?

Just curious. I know the 295 rlt and 295rst use the same shell so they would be the same..
thanks
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #2

I have a 296bhs but it looks like the same bedroom/bathroom layout as yours.

I installed a Samsung UN22F5000 22-Inch. The limitation you have is not wanting to take up too much space because of the walkway between the foot of the bed and the wall. Too big of a tv or at least one that sticks out too far will interfere with that walkway.

I mounted mine up towards the ceiling so that my shoulders and body would not be able to bump it (be careful because the board for mounting the tv inside the wall does NOT go all the way to the ceiling as I found out). I should note that this TV leaves maybe 2 inches on the bathroom door side and maybe 3 inches on the hallway side. I also had to add two mounting points for a strap to hold it down while traveling.

I probably could have gotten it tighter to the wall but I put it on this articulating arm.

Mounting arm
Old 01-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #3

Was a mounting plate for the wall supplied when you picked up the 5er? If not, contact PT and they will send you one.....don't forget to ask for the matching Tv side mounting plate also. This type of installation is a much more flush to the wall and doesn't require it to be strapped down.

Similar to this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Flat-Scre...3D151863142146
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Was a mounting plate for the wall supplied when you picked up the 5er? If not, contact PT and they will send you one.....don't forget to ask for the matching Tv side mounting plate also. This type of installation is a much more flush to the wall and doesn't require it to be strapped down.

Similar to this;
RV Flat Screen New TV Wall Mount Brackets Small Television Black V Slide Camping | eBay
I used a similar one to this in the bunkhouse. The reason I did not use this in the bedroom is because I wanted to angle the TV.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
I have a 296bhs but it looks like the same bedroom/bathroom layout as yours.

I installed a Samsung UN22F5000 22-Inch. The limitation you have is not wanting to take up too much space because of the walkway between the foot of the bed and the wall. Too big of a tv or at least one that sticks out too far will interfere with that walkway.

I mounted mine up towards the ceiling so that my shoulders and body would not be able to bump it (be careful because the board for mounting the tv inside the wall does NOT go all the way to the ceiling as I found out). I should note that this TV leaves maybe 2 inches on the bathroom door side and maybe 3 inches on the hallway side. I also had to add two mounting points for a strap to hold it down while traveling.

I probably could have gotten it tighter to the wall but I put it on this articulating arm.

Mounting arm
I have a TV that is 24 inches wide...so it looks like it will fit from what I read...barely! Thanks!
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo