Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #1

Unknown cause of leaks in 2012 tracer executive

We purchased our Tracer Executive 2670BHS in Feb 2012. We have enjoyed it immensely...however, last weekend, I got up in the middle of the night and stepped in ice cold water near the refrigerator space. The next am, we found a possible culprit in that the drain hose was still curled up behind the fridge. That fixed, we put dry towels down and went out for the day. When we came back, towels were soaked. We had covered the area between the sink and the pantry. Now, the baseboard area is bubbling. we kept replacing towels for two days until we got home.
Took the tt back to dealer ... 4 hrs one way...to have them check it out. Next day, the ,mech. Calls and said they cannot find a leak anywhere.

any ideas out there. I hope we don't get stuck with the 14 hour bill for the search.
Teddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #2

i doubt that it is the fridge. sounds to me like you have developed a leak in one of your water lines. looking at the layout, you should have water lines running under the fridge to the sink. that's is the 1st place i would look. hard to believe the dealer can't find the source of the water after you were mopping up what obviously came from a leak "somewhere". wonder if they hooked up to city water or used the pump and onboard water to check the water lines.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #3

If your water drain hose is in the slide of your trailer, check there. This is a known culprit for the manufacturer. The hose is too short for the movement and it eventually strips the threads then falls off. We had our Executive 2910 BHS in the shop and for field repairs 4 times for the same thing. Finally the dealer got permission to redesign it. Haven't tried it yet since it was in getting repairs for about 9 months (purchased brand new 1 year ago).

good luck,
5littlefrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #4

I would still check your fridge drain hose. Maybe it's not connected securely at the top behind the fridge.

But, upon thinking some more.....if you used that many towels in that short amount of time, I would agree with above posters and have the plumbing pressurized and checked.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #5

We had an unusual leak in ours last year. We had a residential fridge in ours with an ice maker. We had a leak coming from under AND beside the fridge. We figured it was a leaking roof vent so I took the fridge out and found out it was the ice maker water line that came undone. If you have an icemaker I would check that our.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #6

My 2012 2900BHS was the sink drain hose. It was too short...I ordered one myself and made the repair.
smib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #7

Unknown cause of leaks in 2012 2670 Tracer Executive...FIXED!!!!

Thank you all for giving us all the advice. We never could find the problem and the whole kitchen cabinet area was ruined. The Jax dealer pushed for a replacement and Prime Time came through. It took 7 weeks for all the repairs to be done as a whole new kitchen cabinet set, including the counter, had to be built from the sink to the pantry at the factory and then sent to FL. The refrigerator had not been set correctly and though I thought that might have been the culprit, my dh doesn't think that's it.
The fridge is now correctly aligned, the hose in the back is the correct length and all seems well again.
We picked up the trailer, went to GA and spent 2weeks. Then we went to the Daytona Good Sam Rally and dry camped for that week. A couple of weeks ago, we spent the weekend at Camp Mack in lake Wales. Nothing has leaked so we are praying that all is fixed!
God Bless!
Teddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #8

Hi all! New to the forum. Purchased our 3150BHD in May and enjoyed it all summer into the fall. On our last trip had a similar problem when flushing the black water tank, water came out from under kitchen cabinets. Have it at dealer and they are telling me the have found nothing wrong, saying it may have been a stuck check valve? Any comments or updates on cause? I'd hate to have the same problem first time out this year.
Reitzrich is offline   Reply With Quote