Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #1

Vinyl material on cabinets

I am looking for a source for the cherry colored wood grain vinyl that covers the cabinets in my 290RLT. I am rebuilding the lamp table that lost a battle with the slide.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #2

If you are speaking of the wood grain cover over the non hard wood cabinetry thru out the RV ... it's made that way. When you buy sticks of it say for the cabinet framing it's already bonded together. I've had no luck finding OEM wood products in our RV's other than thru Forest River. It's really cheap stuff except for the hardwood cabinet fronts and facia on the slides.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #3

I contacted primetime and they told me I would have to replace the whole cabinet and purchase it from a dealer.
The vinyl adhesive backed material is available from several manufacturers but locating the correct color is the problem. It is much like the stuff that is used in drawer bottoms and shelves.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #4

Hummnn ... although warranty items, I've received a sheet of paneling and a bit of the framing wood around the drawers as you are talking of from FR without buying the whole cabinet. Like you said the framing wood has the covering glued over cheap wood ... I just used the word bonded. The paneling has a very thing paper like covering over the base wood that resembles wood grain. I found out the hard way the paper like wood grain isn't very tough. I put down two strips of painters tape to keep scratches off the paneling when I cut it. When I peeled off the tape starting at the edge (instead of the center my second try), some of the paper wood grain came with it.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #5

Vinyl material on cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
I am looking for a source for the cherry colored wood grain vinyl that covers the cabinets in my 290RLT. I am rebuilding the lamp table that lost a battle with the slide.

Menard's sells the exact same cherry colored wood pieces in their pre-finished molding section. I think it's called cinnamon cherry? Something like that. I purchased pieces of it to trim around the fireplace in our Crusader & it matches exactly. They also had boards and panel pieces of it too.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 08-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post

Go to the menard's website and search "cinnamon cherry" and all the pieces will come up in the search results. 👍🏼

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 08-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #7

All I know is it is crap, mine is bubbling in places, you would think that in these MH that are not cheap to buy that they could use a little real wood on the cabinets, it is not like there is that much wood in them anyway, even the door faces are crap picture paper,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
Go to the menard's website and search "cinnamon cherry" and all the pieces will come up in the search results. 👍🏼

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
I do not have a Prime Time but have the same color cabinets, could not find a matching stain but this would be it! THANK YOU!!!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #9

Received a message from Primetime yesterday that they will send me some of the vinyl wrap at no charge. Thanks to them I may be able to finally reassemble my table.
I will look at Menards web site, they do not have any stores in my area.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #10

Received the material from Prime Time on Friday and had the cabinet parts covered assembled and cabinet installed by mid morning on Saturday. Looks like new. Thanks Prime Time for stepping up.
By the way. I touched up a few spots on some other cabinets with mahogany stain and it was hardly noticeable.