Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #21

Life Time Warranty is in the your final quote. Saved over 8K at another dealer who mentioned the average trade-in is just over 3 years old. Now why would anybody pay over 2K a year? A 4 hr. drive is nothing to save 8K and get free slide covers - 3. Got 6 quotes, lowest were within 1K of each other, pays to shop around, when you bring it back to register in your state figure tax and registration - that was the 1K.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #22

We have this on the trailer we are trading in and will have it on the MH we are getting. With the trailer, it was $199. Make an appointment, take trailer in, they check and touch up roof, check LP system fridge and WH. They check brakes and wheel bearings. An hour and a half later I take it home.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:24 AM   #23

Thumbs up Buckeye Rv

Bought my Travel Trailer at Buckeye RV. Warranty forever was also included. As in FREE. I take my trailer back once a year and ALL is covered included labor and parts. Can't beat that.
joe1141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
Life Time Warranty is in the your final quote. Saved over 8K at another dealer who mentioned the average trade-in is just over 3 years old. Now why would anybody pay over 2K a year? A 4 hr. drive is nothing to save 8K and get free slide covers - 3. Got 6 quotes, lowest were within 1K of each other, pays to shop around, when you bring it back to register in your state figure tax and registration - that was the 1K.
There are different package levels that cost different amounts. We went with the free version. We got the best price around on our Sabre compared to other local dealers who wanted more for the same exact fiver with very similar options and no forever warranty. They did try to drop a more expensive costing one on us but we pay attention to stuff like that do that was easily money not spent.

I will say for those that don't have a great place to do things like their own brake and bearing work etc programs like this are good. We both work full-time and we have a 9 yr old child. Time is precious and the dealership isn't that far away. We let them do the routine maintenance but we still routinely check our own caulking and fix as needed as well as some other easy maintenance items. IMHO caulking needs to be maintained more than just yearly.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #25

The bottom line is there is no free lunch, never has been and never will be. You paid for a "free" warranty forever no matter if you choose to believe it or not. Dealers love this one as it's a revenue generator for the service department.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:35 AM   #26

We have it on our trailer we purchased last year, being new to the whole camping thing and not knowing what to expect it gave me a little reassurance that all would be okay.
We have had zero issues with our purchase and just brought our trailer in last weekend for its inspection, $200 and they spot sealed the roof and refilled our propane tanks.
So far so good, I have to say I also like dealing with the dealership we purchased from.
We buy all of our supplies and accessories from them and they have always been great at answering my questions.
Plus they are 3-miles from my house.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #27

The forever warranty fundamentally is not something that you’re getting free as many believe. Each individual RV market and dealership network will dictate the effectiveness of the inspections in terms of cost. For me $300 a year plus the hassle it requires me to take the unit in its just not worth it. My purchasing dealer is over 700 miles away in the Panhandle of Florida it’s cost prohibitive to drive 700 miles coming and 700 miles going just to go to my selling dealer. Local dealers here in South Florida are in high demand and you can expect 3 ½ month wait just to get in. So, believe whatever you want some of us believe the forever warranty is a good thing others like me believe it somewhat scam solely to generate revenue for dealer networks at the owner’s expense. The extended warranty I purchased covers a multitude of things that are not listed in the forever warranty, forever warranty is selective choosing items they know have a low failure rate. One thing that comes to mind that the forever warranty does not cover are slide seals this one is off the top of my head because I’m not looking at the warranties as I type this. But I do recall when purchasing the extended warranty there was a significant difference in what was and was not covered and that’s how I made the determination to purchase the extended warranty VS staying with the forever one.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #28
Voyager

I am so new to this that my trailer hasn’t even been built yet (ordered a Rockwood 2703WS last week).

Researching warranties now. Looks like forever warranty covers individual subcomponents from 3rd parties. I’ve found nothing on a forest river warranty??? Assume it covers the chassis sub-assemblies?

What is the general failure rate of chassis sub-assemblies vs subcomponents?

What is the general consensus of the top failures in first year? Slides issues? Leaks?

Which warranty covers the most anticipated issues? My guess is the forest river warranty is the way to go.
'23 Rockwood 2205S
Bob.n.Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.n.Denise View Post
I am so new to this that my trailer hasn’t even been built yet (ordered a Rockwood 2703WS last week).

Researching warranties now. Looks like forever warranty covers individual subcomponents from 3rd parties. I’ve found nothing on a forest river warranty??? Assume it covers the chassis sub-assemblies?

What is the general failure rate of chassis sub-assemblies vs subcomponents?

What is the general consensus of the top failures in first year? Slides issues? Leaks?

Which warranty covers the most anticipated issues? My guess is the forest river warranty is the way to go.

Forest River second year warranty into can be found in our library section. The $150 is good money spent. We definitely got our money out of that one. Mail the paper and money within 10 days of buying your trailer. My fiver is going on 3 years old. Most of our major issues were within the first two years and Forest river covered all of it. Getting into time for any issues to be covered by forever warranty. We will see how that goes when if that happens. I think after multiple slide issues, a hitch plate issue and several other large issues, the bugs are finally worked out.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty