Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #1

Warranty Forever Opinions Needed

Does anyone have this Warranty Forever on their 5th wheel?
Wondering what you guys think about it.
We just purchased a 2017 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT and it came with this warranty when we bought it.. The only thing the dealer wants us to do to keep this warranty up is once a year, bring it to any dealer that handles that warranty and for a $200 fee, they check everything including rechaulking the roof if needed.
I have no opinion either for or against this Warranty Forever, do tell me if any of you have had any dealings with this.
Thanking all in advance for responding.
Byron
byoslandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team

We were given the forever warranty when we purchased our trailer. I was very skeptical but decided to see. As we approached our 1 yr aniv I called several dealers and RV service shops asking for a quote on the annual inspection. It turned out to be more like $300-$400 for the inspection PLUS time and materials to correct anything they found. I estimated the final bill would be closer to $600-$700 ( @$120 hrly rate) when all was said and done. A new AC is just over that. I chose to keep that money in the bank and use if IF I ever needed a repair. There also are many many "outs" in the warranty. My suggestion is save your money.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoslandry View Post
Does anyone have this Warranty Forever on their 5th wheel?
Wondering what you guys think about it.
We just purchased a 2017 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT and it came with this warranty when we bought it.. The only thing the dealer wants us to do to keep this warranty up is once a year, bring it to any dealer that handles that warranty and for a $200 fee, they check everything including rechaulking the roof if needed.
I have no opinion either for or against this Warranty Forever, do tell me if any of you have had any dealings with this.
Thanking all in advance for responding.
Byron

Since it already came with this deal, the above is what really concerns me. How few & far between are these dealers? And, for $200 extra I'd sure want to make sure they go through everything with a fine toothed comb!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #4

Just remember there is No Free Lunch, if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #5

Heck, there ain't even a cheap lunch any more!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #6

I would call 5 dealers where I normally go, or camp, and ask if they'd honor this and what is involved.

I would be very skeptical. Even if they say they do, I'd bet you'd be one of the "End of line" guys, and have your trailer in the shop about 2 months each time. And if it's only $200 when done, I'd eat my hat.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Heck, there ain't even a cheap lunch any more!!!
There is, 6 White Castle gas burgers, 2 fries and a coke.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #8

The “forever warranty” is a scam in my book. Nothings forever, read the fine print there’s actually quite a bit the warranty doesn’t cover.

My selling dealer sales associate continued harping on what a wonderful thing it was attempting to use it as a sales tool. Until I told him that I was privy to the scam it actually was that I was not interested in the forever warranty. While signing the paperwork, I refuse to sign the forever warranty gave it back, only to find the booklet in my packet when I got home.

Long story short these warranties require you to do an annual inspection at your own cost. Usually, $200-$400 depending on your local dealer and that’s if they don’t find anything. Because if they find anything the scam starts to kick in, and you can expect your bill to go through the roof for minor items such as roof sealant or cleaning out your refrigerator vent’s dealers will be all too happy to charge you 100+ an hr, and if you don’t have the dealer repair your RV they will not sign the book showing you had your annual inspection voiding your forever warranty.

I purchased my own extended warranty outside of the dealer and I’m glad that I did. Keep in mind I’m also fastidious with maintenance I lubricate my wheel bearings annually, periodically inspect the roof, clean all my vents, check underneath and have actually repaired a few items on my own.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

It came with my fiver. So far my dealer has yet touchscreen for the service while I have it in for other repairs.... this is related to us having a Ton of issues with our rig and their being customer service oriented. Have not had any work under the forever warranty yet Ames our factory warranty runs out next month.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
There is, 6 White Castle gas burgers, 2 fries and a coke.
I prefer DQ's $5 buck lunch, includes a sundae.... just sayin'.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
White Castle

Sidecar, they are free, until a trip to the dentist for a tooth hitting a bone chip.....

LOL!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #12

Yes, its a scam. Even if it "comes with" the RV, it's a total scam. Why do you think they push it? Everyone benefits, except the buyer....
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #13
Commercial Member

First I am going to Sorry on how some of you feel about the RVWF program. To address some of the statements above... The program is not a scam, unless your dealership choices to treat as if it was. The program is for real, and for our customers it has proven to be a positive experience when having one of the covered components repaired or replaced. They left having the repairs done with No Out of Pocket expense.
We as a dealership are headed into our 4th year with the program, and have many customers coming to us in our area because we do offer it, and they have heard of the our customers that have the program and are totally happy with it. Each dealership is different, but for us, it has been a great tool for both the dealership and the customer. To start the program, its free. There is No Cost to you. Yes there is a annual maintenance to preform, but the numbers that are being presented above are not even close to our RVWF check up rate, based on if it is Motorized or Towable. 4 items to check with the towable product and 5 with motorized.
Not all customers are of the nature that they do service to there units. 30 years of seeing all different conditions of RV's will prove that, but if one takes the time to have a general inspection, this to us means they care a little more about their unit.
There are more positives than the negatives with this program, so if offered to you on your New Purchase, be happy that they are offering it to you. If you don't want the program, don't have the annual inspection done, and the program goes away for you.
For customers that are purchasing units that are 2 years old or less, the units don't come with a warranty, unless you purchase an extended service contract. With this program on some pre-owned units, we have replace refrigerators, air conditioner, and several smaller components that have failed, such as circuit boards, and more.
To cap it off, the program is great program, and our dealership is happy to offer the positive program to our customers.
2-B-REIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #14

I would question who is going to pay for repair of rotted wood when they find out the resealing wasn't done properly. That's going to fall right back on you the purchaser. They will find any way possible to get out of paying!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
Yes, its a scam. Even if it "comes with" the RV, it's a total scam. Why do you think they push it? Everyone benefits, except the buyer....
Sales gimmick, people don't read the fine print all they see is FREE & FOREVER, get caught up in the RV purchase excitement.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-B-REIL View Post
First I am going to Sorry on how some of you feel about the RVWF program. To address some of the statements above... The program is not a scam, unless your dealership choices to treat as if it was. The program is for real, and for our customers it has proven to be a positive experience when having one of the covered components repaired or replaced. They left having the repairs done with No Out of Pocket expense.
We as a dealership are headed into our 4th year with the program, and have many customers coming to us in our area because we do offer it, and they have heard of the our customers that have the program and are totally happy with it. Each dealership is different, but for us, it has been a great tool for both the dealership and the customer. To start the program, its free. There is No Cost to you. Yes there is a annual maintenance to preform, but the numbers that are being presented above are not even close to our RVWF check up rate, based on if it is Motorized or Towable. 4 items to check with the towable product and 5 with motorized.
Not all customers are of the nature that they do service to there units. 30 years of seeing all different conditions of RV's will prove that, but if one takes the time to have a general inspection, this to us means they care a little more about their unit.
There are more positives than the negatives with this program, so if offered to you on your New Purchase, be happy that they are offering it to you. If you don't want the program, don't have the annual inspection done, and the program goes away for you.
For customers that are purchasing units that are 2 years old or less, the units don't come with a warranty, unless you purchase an extended service contract. With this program on some pre-owned units, we have replace refrigerators, air conditioner, and several smaller components that have failed, such as circuit boards, and more.
To cap it off, the program is great program, and our dealership is happy to offer the positive program to our customers.
For me, it will cost $300 a year just for the inspection, plus time to tow my unit in for the inspection, then I need to pick it up from the inspection. Over five years my cost just for the inspections will be $1,500 plus gas & time that I did not add in. Factor in what the "forever warranty" doesn't cover (wich is allot) I will be out of pocket anyway. Purchased an extended warranty covers tons more with fewer hassles for $1600 much better investment for our needs.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-B-REIL View Post
Yes there is a annual maintenance to preform, but the numbers that are being presented above are not even close to our RVWF check up rate,
And your RVWF check up rate is????
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #18

To comply with the forever warranty my local dealer charges 300 just for the inspection . Everyone's dealer will charge a different amount .
Old 02-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #19

This is a way for dealers to sell units without having to compete on price. I walked away from a dealer offering this after reading the fine print about my obligations and how many things are simply not covered...and got a much better deal on price elsewhere .

Here's what is and what if NOT covered IF you pay hundreds each year for the dealer to do a lot of stuff most of us do easily for ourselves. The bold type is mine. The rest is directly from the rvwarrantyforever.com website under the "What's Covered" tab.
SUSPENSION COMPONENTSLeaf and coil springs, shackles and bushings, and rubber suspension springs. No shocks, sway bars, wheel bearings?
BRAKE COMPONENTS Wheel cylinders, calipers, electric brake magnets, and hydraulic tubing and metal fittings. Rotors & pads, master cylinder?
WATER SYSTEM COMPONENTS Hot water tank, burner assembly, thermostat, thermocouple, gas valve, electronic ignition assembly, PC board, heating system, shower, assembly, toilet, sink, holding tanks, gate valves, macerator pump, water pump, faucets, traps, fittings, and water lines.
AIR CONDITIONING COMPONENTS Compressor, evaporator, condenser, capacitors, relays, expansion valve, control module and panel, reversing valve, blower fan and motor, and PC board. Coverage does not apply to motorhome chassis AC system.
KITCHEN CENTER COMPONENTS Range/oven burner assembly, burner valves, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, convection oven, thermostat, thermocouple, burner, igniter, and PC board. No washer/dryer/dishwasher if installed.
LP GAS SYSTEM Gas regulators, gas tanks, gas valves, tank gauges, and LP lines and fittings. LP solenoid and alarm components?
HEATING SYSTEM COMPONENTS Furnace igniter, burner assembly, gas valve, gas leak detector, thermostat, thermocouple, blower motor, and PC board.
DELUXE APPLIANCES Icemaker, trash compactor, built-in coffee maker, built-in food processor, in-sink disposal, ceiling fan motor, and smoke detector.
MANUAL LEVELING JACKSFactory or dealer-installed bolt on and welded scissor jacks.
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR COMPONENTS Door handles, latches and springs.
OK so EXCLUDED IS....
the ROOF,
the exterior sides and coach glass/winshield,
storage compartmens,
batteries/charger/converter,
dish/antenna components/wiring,
entertainment center and TV's,
ALL interior cabinetry, walls, floors, tile, countertops,
seating, beds,
drop down beds lighting,
tires, wheel covers, hydraulic leveling system, tank heaters, , ladders...and all engine, transmission and steering & drive train components of a motorhome

2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #20

The Warranty Forever program has been great for our customers and us.
We've offered it since April of 2014 and never had any issues. I tell everyone that it's not an every nut and bolt warranty, but the major components are covered. Like someone else here mentioned, I was skeptical at first. Since we were going to be putting our reputation on it, we vetted it pretty hard. We didn't want there to be any catches. Everything, though, has been very straightforward and we feel like it's a good value.
You have to have it inspected once per year. Through us, that costs $199 which is basically two shop hours. I compare it to changing the oil in your car or rotating the tires - it's just a few things that you at least need to do to properly take care of a camper. The main thing is the insurance company doesn't want someone abusing a camper for a few years then come back and want everything fixed. During the inspection we do everything the insurance company requires us to do, fix anything automatically that's covered under warranty and if anything else needs to be done that is not covered under warranty, the customer has the option of us performing the work.
It's really simple, and it's certainly not a scam. If you don't want to pay for the inspection, that's fine. You just don't have the warranty anymore.
NickJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty