Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #1

Water leak question near connection area

Has anyone ever had water leak near the universal docking station? While we were camping last time I am guessing I didn't have the city water connection completely tight, and it was dripping at the connection site. In the middle of the night we had gotten up with water near our floor in the master bedroom. It looked like it came from that side of the rv. I went to look and the connection center was full of water on the bottom and we weren't completely level and kinda filled up. Can water go over the edge of the plastic into the rv? We have a mystery water leak and cannot locate it.

Thanks in advance..
smib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I gather that there isn't any kind on drain in the docking station, probably should have one.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smib
Has anyone ever had water leak near the universal docking station? While we were camping last time I am guessing I didn't have the city water connection completely tight, and it was dripping at the connection site. In the middle of the night we had gotten up with water near our floor in the master bedroom. It looked like it came from that side of the rv. I went to look and the connection center was full of water on the bottom and we weren't completely level and kinda filled up. Can water go over the edge of the plastic into the rv? We have a mystery water leak and cannot locate it.

Thanks in advance..
We have a 301RLS and had the same problem. I didn't have the water hose tight to the conector in the docking station causing water to spray inside the station. The docking station box was not caulked where it meets the side of the trailer. Had water on the bedroom floor aft of the station. Solved the problem with caulking the joint inside the station. Not sure about your unit, but ours has a laminete counter top above the station in the bedroom held down by a couple of screws. Removing it gave me a good look at the connections on the interior side of the station. Hope this is of some help.
next2dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Are you saying that the big hole where the hoses come up from the bottom doesn't let any water drain out?

I thought that the whole purpose of the removable plug was to allow the hoses and cables up, and also drain away any water that may leak.....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat
Are you saying that the big hole where the hoses come up from the bottom doesn't let any water drain out?

I thought that the whole purpose of the removable plug was to allow the hoses and cables up, and also drain away any water that may leak.....
you thought right
next2dixie is offline   Reply With Quote