Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #41
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I have stayed at campgrounds that require it (and inspected).
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #42

If you don't have one or pressure is just too high, you could always fill your tank up with your hose and use your pump
Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #43

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
??? ?
$15 for a regulator will not give you the protection you need. One must step up to a Watts or similar that is adjustable with a gauge. The site from Etrailer you posted only has one true regulator that I would trust.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #44

I don't agree with you tigerdad, but use whatever makes you feel better. That's what we all wind up doing. I just tell folks what has worked for me. I am interested in WHY you think most restrictors are inadequate.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #45

Quote:
I don't agree with you tigerdad, but use whatever makes you feel better. That's what we all wind up doing. I just tell folks what has worked for me. I am interested in WHY you think most restrictors are inadequate.
X2
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #46

Quote:
There's a distinction between a flow restrictor and a pressure regulator. A restrictor will control gallons per minute, but not pressure when water is not flowing.

I haven't looked closely at the cheapo device I bought, guess I now want to do that.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #47

Guess I'm using the wrong term. I should of been saying regulator instead of restrictor, sorry. All the 'cheap' ones I am taking about do say that they are regulators. The one I use most has high flow 50psi stamped on it. And as I said before, we have both the cheap regulator and the expensive adjustable one and don't notice any difference in flow to the rv. We use the cheaper one most often as the adjustable one is larger and doesn't always fit on the park faucet setup.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #48

05drewdually just made the answer
DeeWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I've used my el cheapo regulator on 100psi CG system with no problems. I do notice when I'm on a low pressure system the shower is slow with the cheap regulator. That's when I take off the regulator. The better regulators adjust the volume of the water better and keeping the pressure under control.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #50

Quote:
The way to check if you really have a Pressure Reducer is adapt a pressure gauge to your outside shower, now turn on the city water and let it pressurize your water system! Now read the gauge at the shower, with the shower Deadheaded! That will tell if you have a "Restrictor or Regulator "if you have the same Pressure as at the "Hydrants City Water '! You must put the same gauge on the hydrants that you use on the outside shower, deadhead also with NO device between hydrant and gauge! Youroo! !
Old 12-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #51

re

I don't know what all the hoopla is about i bought a restricter About 2 yrs ago at CW screw it right into my water inlet and then the hose to the restricter, some times a filter inline and never had a problem.never low never high always the same.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #52

I always use one. Cheap insurance.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #53

I bought one thru amazon last year.It's an adjustable regulator.I set it at 45Pounds and forget it.I screw it on at the grounds water valve.It was only 45 bucks.and I don't have to worry about it.Needed or not it's there!
I also have a Progressive industries PT50 EMS It's the first thing I hang on the power pole.it too was 300 bucks on Amazon but after spending over 100K on my motorhome a few extra bucks for safety to me is worth it.
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #54

Always use a water pressure device. You never know when the in coming pressure can change and for the small investment your plumbing system is worth much more.

Brandon2
2014 Sun SeekerTS
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
As a clarification - will these regulators increase the pressure if the CG has low water pressure? I've heard they don't. Another question - can the RV's water pump be used at the same time as the CG water source to safely increase water pressure within the camper?

Yes.....and No.... I had a situation once where the campground pressure was low.
I also need to note that during our travels to the campground we had stopped for a .... break and used the FW tank/pump to flush the toilet (we always travel with some water in the tank just in case) & forgot to turn the pump off.
After hooking up, I noticed the pump run when we used water. Come to find out, the water pump did boost the CG supply by supplementing water from my FW tank.
So, if you keep water in your FW tank and leave the pump on your water flow in the trailer will be better. Just make sure you keep an eye on the FW level in case you need to add more.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, water