Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Wheel size

What is the wheel size for the 2012 Crusader 355BHQ? Has the 16" 235-80-16 tires but the spare is missing. The wheels are 8 lug and I have seen 6" and 6.5" width listed. Going to order a white painted steel wheel for the spare.

Thanks

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #2

6 or 6.5 inches will work for that tire size... there is not much difference between them that you or your trailer will ever notice... especially as a spare tire... I would not mix/match them on 4 wheels full time tho...

if you want take one mounted tire to a tire store and have them dismount the tire from the rim to measure it... that way you will be sure they all match in size...

make sure the 8 lug bolt hole pattern matches the wheel hub

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #3

Was planning to pull the tires, take to Sam's and have the best of the worst existing current tires put on the spare wheel I would take in. Planned on ordering from Amazon but would need width and hub diameter to order. Wheels are not hub centric so that diameter measurement isn't critical.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Was planning to pull the tires, take to Sam's and have the best of the worst existing current tires put on the spare wheel I would take in. Planned on ordering from Amazon but would need width and hub diameter to order. Wheels are not hub centric so that diameter measurement isn't critical.

Trailer wheels should be standard but, check the backspacing to be sure the tire won't rub the spring or frame. You can measure that off one of the stock aluminum regular wheels. Also, get a set of spare lug nuts that match the steel wheel stud hole. They may be different lug nut styles then your other 4 aluminum wheels. They may be a tapered cone fit but, there are different degrees of angle for the taper between some aluminum wheels and the steel ones (I found this out the first time I had to use my spare steel wheel).
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Trailer wheels should be standard but, check the backspacing to be sure the tire won't rub the spring or frame. You can measure that off one of the stock aluminum regular wheels. Also, get a set of spare lug nuts that match the steel wheel stud hole. They may be different lug nut styles then your other 4 aluminum wheels. They may be a tapered cone fit but, there are different degrees of angle for the taper between some aluminum wheels and the steel ones (I found this out the first time I had to use my spare steel wheel).
Thanks, I guess best answer is take off the 4, measure the width at that time and make sure what offset there is and see what kind of taper there is. I can go someplace else to mount the extra tire later. Hoping to save some money by ordering spare wheel from Amazon but may be better off getting one locally that I can look at. PITA to return something like that and asking Amazon vendor would probably not get reliable answers.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #6

Look carefully at both inside and outside of existing wheels. Aluminum wheels will often have a size designation molded into the casting, often at the back of the wheel center "hub" or in the back of a "spoke". All depending on style of aluminum wheel.

Steel wheels will have size markings stamped into the bead area.

These markings will give diameter and width.

For odd number bolt circle just measure the center to center distance between two adjoining wheel stud holes. You can then determine the bolt circle diameter from any number of wheel manufacturer web sites. For even number of lug nut holes just measure opposing center distances.

Here's a guide:

http://www.crawlpedia.com/bolt_patterns.htm

FWIW, most tire outlets also have wheels available. Amazon is not always cheapest and if a Dealer is selling you tires he may make you a good deal. Yes, even "Sam's".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #7

FWI wheels are 16x6.

Tags
wheel