Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #21

I did the screen door handle also... makes the door easier to close not that it is hard... but it's just awkward... nothing to hold on to.

We've done several mods so far:

• Vortex II fan
  • Screen Door handle
  • Added 2nd propane Quick Connect
  • Installed 12V receptacles in the bedroom
  • Bug Screens on everything
  • Step Jacks/Stabilizers
  • Flag Pole Mount

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #22

Camco Screen Door Cross Bar Handle,,,
Amazon $11.36 !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Hello all, just bought an Avenger ATI 29RBS, and just joined the forum. I'll post pictures after taking delivery on Friday. Planning a few local trips this fall and winter for shake-down, and then likely something much grander during Spring Break 2019.

I've had another brand RV for the past ten years, much smaller with no slides, and I'm so excited to have the amount of space this new one will afford. Two kids (ages 10 and 8), a dog, and of course my wife.

Looking forward to seeing what mods folks around here like to make to their trailers.

See You Down The Road.

-utee94
Welcome to our little group.
Make sure you spend at least 2 hours going over EVERY THING when you pick up your Avenger. We have a wonderful dealer and thought we did a good job on our PDI.
But on our maiden voyage we found out our shower drain had never been connected to the plumbing. Water from 3 showers went into the under belly insulation. I was able to connect the pipes on that. The service department opened up the underbelly and replaced the wet insulation. They also found the bedroom heat vent had never had ducting ran to it. And a couple of other issues. But four years later, we still love our trailer.
They all have issues, Some big, most small, Fix what you can, work with a good dealer, and enjoy your Avenger.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #24

Out on our shakedown cruise, quick trip to Lake Georgetown Cedar Breaks Park to test the systems. So far no disconnected water or wastewater, haven’t run the furnace yet though, since ts about 100 degrees outside. 😋

One question, the interior new materials are out-gassing pretty strongly right now, any insights on how long that might last?

I’ll post some pictures when I get home to a real computer. Have a great remaining weekend!
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Out on our shakedown cruise, quick trip to Lake Georgetown Cedar Breaks Park to test the systems. So far no disconnected water or wastewater, haven’t run the furnace yet though, since ts about 100 degrees outside. 😋

One question, the interior new materials are out-gassing pretty strongly right now, any insights on how long that might last?

I’ll post some pictures when I get home to a real computer. Have a great remaining weekend!
First time you test that furnace,,,
make sure you have all the doors & windows open !!!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #26

Quote:

If you have access to a ladder and clear weather, look at the top of your window frames. Check the gaskets and make sure they are NOT put in upside down, REALLY. Our kitchen window leaked for 6 months and our service department pulled and resealed the water heater twice before I found the gasket expansion joint on TOP of the kitcken window instead of the bottom.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #27

Thanks for the heads-up, folks!

Right now I'm unable to light the burners on the drop-in 2-burner cooktop in the outdoor kitchen. During the walk-thru my tech specifically called out that there's a valve there, and I specifically made sure it was open before trying to light the burners, but no go.

I realize that it's way at the back and it could take the propane a while to reach that particular appliance, but it seems like 30-45 minutes or so should be enough time? Or does it take more?
Old 08-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #28

Quote:

Right now I'm unable to light the burners on the drop-in 2-burner cooktop in the outdoor kitchen. During the walk-thru my tech specifically called out that there's a valve there, and I specifically made sure it was open before trying to light the burners, but no go.

I realize that it's way at the back and it could take the propane a while to reach that particular appliance, but it seems like 30-45 minutes or so should be enough time? Or does it take more?

On some models you have to reach under/behind the cooktop and make sure the propane is hooked up to the supply line under the TT. Some models are designed so that you have to disconnect this hode to stow the cooktop for travel (such as the kind that slides in & out).
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 PM   #29

Quote:

Can you post some pictures of your setup? Outdoor stove, underneath, behind, your propane valve, etc. Let's see what you're working with.

We'll get it figured out!!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
On some models you have to reach under/behind the cooktop and make sure the propane is hooked up to the supply line under the TT. Some models are designed so that you have to disconnect this hode to stow the cooktop for travel (such as the kind that slides in & out).
Thanks, that checks out. Mine is a slide-out model, and there is a separate hose with quick-disconnects that mate to the rigid supply line (3/8" looks like?), and to the hose that runs into the cooktop. The quick-disconnects at each end seem to be solidly attached, but perhaps they're not engaging fully?

This is the final appliance at the termination of the long, rigid 3/8" supply line that runs the length of the trailer. There are tees and then flex hoses up to each of the other appliances (water heater, inside range/cooktop, furnace, and refrigerator in that order front-to-back) and all of those appliances operate correctly. There are no other valves, bifurcations, terminations, or disconnects inline until the end, where the final valve feeds the quick-disconnect to the outdoor kitchen cooktop.

Very strange, only thing I can think of is that the valve itself isn't actually opening. I didn't make them demonstrate this during the walk-thru, regrettably.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow. Thanks to all!
Old 08-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #31

Quote:

30 to 45 Minutes ???
I sure hope you did not leave a burner on that long,,, without being lite !!!
Is there any Propain in the tank ???
Old 08-29-2018, 07:19 AM   #32
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Where are all the Avengers???

Thanos killed most of them.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
30 to 45 Minutes ???
I sure hope you did not leave a burner on that long,,, without being lite !!!
Is there any Propain in the tank ???
Plenty of propane in tank, all other propane appliances work correctly. (well, at least the fridge, water heater, and interior range/cooktop do. As I mentioned before, I haven't tested the furnace )

I didn't leave the burners open for 30-45 minutes, but even if I had, it wouldn't have mattered, because there's no propane coming to the burners.

Edit: Also, it wasn't my intention to thread-jack, there's likely a more appropriate forum for propane appliance questions, I just mentioned it since this is an Avenger-specific thread and I thought some folks might have some experience.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:03 AM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post

Thanos killed most of them.
Don't be stealing my joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Where are all the Avengers?

Well, if you watched the latest movie after Thanos snapped his fingers...

Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #35

If I remember this is a new unit ???
Maybe the stove never got plumbed ???
Old 08-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
If I remember this is a new unit ???
Maybe the stove never got plumbed ???
Yup it's new. I can certainly take it in for repair under warranty, just don't really want to since the dealer's about 20 miles away.

I can SEE all the plumbing, that's what's odd. The only thing I haven't visually inspected is the final connection from the copper tubing mounted under the cooktop, to the cooktop itself. I wasn't sure how to check that since it's boxed in, but I believe a couple of thumbscrews will help me lift the whole cooktop out, and then I should be able to see more.

Anyway, thanks to all for your ongoing help and interest, we'll get it sorted. I'm taking the whole family to a nearby municipal park on the lake for the upcoming holiday long weekend and, unfortunately we have a burn ban in effect in Central Texas due to the heat and drought conditions, so cooking over open fires or coals won't be an option. So I do need to get this figured before Friday, or else I'll be cooking everything on skillets inside the camper, and what's the fun in that???
Old 08-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #37

We very seldom use our stove top,,, we camp where we have ele hook up,,,
so we use a Hot Plate when we cook something inside !!!
I see no reason to use Propane when ele cost no more than the campsite !!!
We also have W/H on ele !!! About the only Propane we use is for the Fridge when we are on the road !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

Old 08-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #38

Thanks Wolverine!

I prefer coals or open fire for cookouts, at least for dinner, while camping. But one luxury that I've really enjoyed since switching from tents to an RV for camping ten years ago, is having an oven to use for making biscuits in the morning. You can certainly make them in a dutch oven over coals, but I don't usually have coals readily available at breakfast time, so having a propane oven is an amazing luxury to me!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #39

Microwaves are pretty handy also !!!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:54 AM   #40

Indeed, I use it to make the mac 'n' cheese for the kids! Also, to warm up chile con queso.

I can hear the propane at the final quick-disconnect so I'm about 85% sure the problem is inside the new Suburban cooktop. There's an internal regulator that then feeds the branch to the two gas valves, and ultimately the two burners. Gas is going into the unit, but it's not making it to the either burner. I think it's more likely that one regulator would be broken, than both valves. Only other potential problem I can think of is that the main regulator is working, but not providing quite enough flow to get all the way down the RV to that final appliance. But that seems far less likely, since the water heater burns hot and fast, wide open, with no apparent restriction.

Regardless, the RV tech is coming out to my campsite this weekend. I bought the extended service plan and they guarantee service on site. I suggested they bring both a new main regulator, and a an entire replacement cooktop.

Happy Camping!