Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 07:23 PM   #21
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I forgot the Ice Cream Social too
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNHeims View Post
Hey a total newbie here......seems like this would be a giant mess of campers? I'm sure I'm missing the obvious but why does one want to attend?

Definitely to meet folks, we've met a bunch of people who have turned into long term friends whom we look forward to meeting elsewhere on the road. I've picked up a lot of useful information and "stuff" at the seminars, and if you have a new RV (last 2 model years) and need work done on it, FR will fix a couple of things while you are attending. I've seen AC units to axles replaced. At least that was the rule at the last rally.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:08 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
I forgot the Ice Cream Social too
Wise to go there prior to beer tasting. Just Saying.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #24

Frog rally

Count us in. Can't wait been a couple of years since we made the rally.

Joe and Barb
Master Sgt. Untied States Air Force Retired
2015 Dynamax dx3 37RB
2013 Rockwood 2608ws
2013 Ram 2500 4x4 hemi
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #25

Count us in as well. Last year I want to get Disc brakes put on our 5th wheel while we were there. Maybe we can get it this year
CampinGpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:50 PM   #26

By August, your fuel expenses traveling anywhere are going to much higher. Gas and diesel is on the rise already.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNHeims View Post
Hey a total newbie here......seems like this would be a giant mess of campers? I'm sure I'm missing the obvious but why does one want to attend?
While not a newbie to RVing as CampNHeims, but I am new to the Forest River family and F.R.O.G. I've attended at least 5 rallies in the past 6 year when I owned a (SOB) Class A, two with 2500-3000 RV's, one with 800, and two with about 300. As it has been said, everyone gets something different from attending a Rally, but as it is with RVing in general, its about the people, the connections and the friendships that often develop from attending a Rally.

So as one who has not attend a F.R.O.G. Rally (Forest River Newbie) I have a few questions:
- About how many coaches attend a typical International Rally?
- Are all the sites at the Elkhart Fairgrounds full-hookup?
- What power is available 30a, 50a, or both?
- Would we be able to ride our bicycles from our coach to events or isn't the Fairgrounds bike friendly?
- What's the weather like in Goshen in mid August (temps and humidity)?

I for one have enjoyed all the Rallies I have attended over the years and would be very interested in attending a FROG Rally. I learned alot, made some great purchases, and made many friends. I suppose for us attending would depend on where the COVID numbers are by summer.

Since we have family in Eastern, PA we'd probably plan our trip from Florida (home) to PA and then west to Indiana. We have been in the Shipshewana (factory service) and Elkhart areas a few times in our travel. It's a nice area.
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:20 AM   #28

We'd be interested and look forward to the responses to RGrimm's query.

A question from our side - how are the people? Is it more clique-ish as if if you know people you're ok, but if not it is hard to beak the line? Have had some bad experiences in other rally that if you were not known you did not feel welcome.

Will be watching....new to Forest River as we got our Georgetown a year ago after having a Thor Outlaw for our travels.
JeffnBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:02 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrimm View Post
While not a newbie to RVing as CampNHeims, but I am new to the Forest River family and F.R.O.G. I've attended at least 5 rallies in the past 6 year when I owned a (SOB) Class A, two with 2500-3000 RV's, one with 800, and two with about 300. As it has been said, everyone gets something different from attending a Rally, but as it is with RVing in general, its about the people, the connections and the friendships that often develop from attending a Rally.

So as one who has not attend a F.R.O.G. Rally (Forest River Newbie) I have a few questions:
- About how many coaches attend a typical International Rally?
- Are all the sites at the Elkhart Fairgrounds full-hookup?
- What power is available 30a, 50a, or both?
- Would we be able to ride our bicycles from our coach to events or isn't the Fairgrounds bike friendly?
- What's the weather like in Goshen in mid August (temps and humidity)?

I for one have enjoyed all the Rallies I have attended over the years and would be very interested in attending a FROG Rally. I learned alot, made some great purchases, and made many friends. I suppose for us attending would depend on where the COVID numbers are by summer.

Since we have family in Eastern, PA we'd probably plan our trip from Florida (home) to PA and then west to Indiana. We have been in the Shipshewana (factory service) and Elkhart areas a few times in our travel. It's a nice area.
Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:
FROG as now set a limit of 500 rigs as that seems to be the nice comfort zone to handle for both attendees and the folks running it.

Not all full hook up but for the folks who get just water and electric their will be one pump out included mid-week provided and most of those sites are only 30amp, full hookups might have 50 amp but not positive they all are.

Fairgrounds is flat and very bike friendly, they usually have a shuttle service provided as well as golf cart taxi's to move folks around. But bikes are encouraged plus a very nice bike trail nearby as well.

August weather can be just about anything, we have had HOT and dry days, wind and rain and even one year so cold the water girls switched to coffee and hot cocoa , as we say if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes it will change.

Hope this helps you some but i would say try to attend I am sure you will enjoy yourself
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:12 AM   #30

Here is a link that might help also, it is a few years hold but still helpful

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...nds-88352.html
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:
FROG as now set a limit of 500 rigs as that seems to be the nice comfort zone to handle for both attendees and the folks running it.

Not all full hook up but for the folks who get just water and electric their will be one pump out included mid-week provided and most of those sites are only 30amp, full hookups might have 50 amp but not positive they all are.

Fairgrounds is flat and very bike friendly, they usually have a shuttle service provided as well as golf cart taxi's to move folks around. But bikes are encouraged plus a very nice bike trail nearby as well.

August weather can be just about anything, we have had HOT and dry days, wind and rain and even one year so cold the water girls switched to coffee and hot cocoa , as we say if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes it will change.

Hope this helps you some but i would say try to attend I am sure you will enjoy yourself
Thank you for the answer to my questions and the link you posted. Very helpful information.
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #32
Broken Toe

Miss Kelly and I will be there. Some of my "one-time-a-year" friends are now going on two years since I last saw them. This is unacceptable.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #33
Director, FROG

Regarding events in the west, we're planning on returning there again, conditions allowing.

Contrary to the belief that we've not been out west, in the past FROG has had about six or seven events in CA, including Hemet for the past five years or so, and Calico Ghost Town, as well as two or three in Oregon. There's been one at Ruby Ranch by Bryce National Park in Utah; two or three on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon; two in Tucson, AZ; one in Sedona. We've been to one in Colorado Springs, one in the Black Hills, one in Yellowstone, one in Las Vegas. We've been to Kerrville, TX about seven or eight times, San Antonio, Austin, and Grapevine (DFW) area once each. There have been two trips to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, with another that had to be cancelled last fall and will be rescheduled this year. I'm sure I've forgotten others off the top of my head.

Some of these have been multi-stop tours, but others have been single location events. I'm not quite sure why there's a perception that there's been nothing in the west, but it's not accurate. We'll be working on more.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #34
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Wise to go there prior to beer tasting. Just Saying.
Ricky and Julian will attend. I'm bringing Randy.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffnBeth View Post
We'd be interested and look forward to the responses to RGrimm's query.

A question from our side - how are the people? Is it more clique-ish as if if you know people you're ok, but if not it is hard to beak the line? Have had some bad experiences in other rally that if you were not known you did not feel welcome.

Will be watching....new to Forest River as we got our Georgetown a year ago after having a Thor Outlaw for our travels.

As with any large group there is some amount of clique-ish-ness. With that said, lots of friendly people. Good places to meet folks and make friends is at any meal, the Tiki Hut and Phrog Pond (ask a pond hopper driver where they are - aka golf cart taxi). At the latter two, just bring your favorite beverage and drop in any evening. Traditionally the pond has a beer tasting night, bring a few extra of your local favorite beverage (not limited to beer) and sample what others have brought. Tiki hut will have tables and chairs set up under tenting and they generally have shown movies once dark enough.

Meeting folks at any of the seminars also works - decide if what you're being told is good or not...
Just come with the intention of having fun, and you will.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #36
Director, FROG

Gary, you're in Ohio, east of the Mississippi and north of the Ohio River. Texas, my friend, is "out west." Not "west of the Rockies" west, but west.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:49 PM   #37
Trailer Park Supervisor

Once green turns to brown, you are 'out west'!
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:41 PM   #38

Can't wait. Hope there are a lot of R-Pods this year. Love Rpod Village!!
Lake Wylie Podner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #39

We attended our first rally in 2019 and yes it was great! Amazing food catering for so many people. The seminars & factory tours are very informative.
The parking is very organized & efficient. Always something to do or new friends to meet.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190811_174720.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	246356Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_174521.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	246357Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_110737.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	246358

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:59 PM   #40

I'm making plans to attend.

Maybe I'll be in contention for any awards given to those who've traveled the farthest.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog