Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by buskirk21921 View Post
Oh yes. Now stopped at bakery, and another 5 lbs and now off to an Amish family style lunch. May need to get weighed when we get back to the fairgrounds.

You may have exceeded your truck's payload limit. LOL Watch out for the weight police.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post

You may have exceeded your truck's payload limit. LOL
I afraid you are correct.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #1063
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ominous weather rolling in goshen!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #1064
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130807_151026.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	37177
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #1065

The DW and I went Monday to the vendor area to look for anew mattress. We really liked the Denver mattress at LCI. We decided to go to lunch and talk about what we wanted to do. We decided to spend the extra money and get the really nice Denver RV Supreme Euro top. We returned to the vendor area and filled out the paperwork. I handed our paper work and my credit card to the sales lady and she started laughing, she then gave me my credit card back and informed us that we had WON the mattress drawing earlier in the day. We were so shocked, a free top of the line mattress. What a great trip we have had

They delivered the new mattress yesterday and hauled away our old one.....What a great nights sleep we had!
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #1066
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
The DW and I went Monday to the vendor area to look for anew mattress. We really liked the Denver mattress at LCI. We decided to go to lunch and talk about what we wanted to do. We decided to spend the extra money and get the really nice Denver RV Supreme Euro top. We returned to the vendor area and filled out the paperwork. I handed our paper work and my credit card to the sales lady and she started laughing, she then gave me my credit card back and informed us that we had WON the mattress drawing earlier in the day. We were so shocked, a free top of the line mattress. What a great trip we have had

They delivered the new mattress yesterday and hauled away our old one.....What a great nights sleep we had!
Wow! What luck. Congratulations!!
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1067
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post

Wow! What luck. Congratulations!!
Maybe you should buy a Powerball ticket for tonight's drawing and if your as lucky....always remember your Phriend BombDoc!! Lol
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #1068

A few more pics of the rally.

Last night's main course.

Name:	IMG_1657 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	37179

After dinner we were entertained by Willie and Company. I think that was their name.

Name:	IMG_1664 - Copy.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	37180

Today many of the folks are off on various tours. Those of us who have stayed behind at the park can only seek solace in the free ice cream Forest River has been providing.

Name:	IMG_1671 - Copy.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	37181

This is Wednesday so Forest River brought in a pump out service for those who don't have sewer hookups, free of charge. Those who needed the service were given green signs to attach to their RVs so the service knew which rigs to empty.

Name:	IMG_1675 - Copy.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	37182

We did have a short heavy rain today and perhaps there will be more this evening, but we're FROGs so water doesn't dampen our spirits.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #1069

RVers have a reputation as a group of having integrity. While the young lady vender was giving a presentation, probably a seminar, some of her LED lighting merchandise disapped. It may have been picked it up in error. i hope that was the case and returns the merchandise gets returned.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #1070

Also on the Amish Brown Bag Tour and stuffed! Of course the heavens had to wait to open and deluge just until the tour bus got back to the campground and everyone laden with baper bags of booty in imminent danger of disinegrating in the rain. We all had a goodtime!
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #1071
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 84 View Post
RVers have a reputation as a group of having integrity. While the young lady vender was giving a presentation, probably a seminar, some of her LED lighting merchandise disapped. It may have been picked it up in error. i hope that was the case and returns the merchandise gets returned.
Oh no.....
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #1072
Mod free 5er

What a pleasant surprise I encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in Goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. BOY was I wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem I had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a Flagstaff tech named Sam Slaybach and told him of my problem. Now I have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have I met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor Floyd D. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, Sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the Forest River service personnel at the fairgrounds.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #1073
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoot View Post
what a pleasant surprise i encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. Boy was i wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem i had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a flagstaff tech named sam slaybach and told him of my problem. Now i have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have i met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor floyd d. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the flagstaff/rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the forest river service personnel at the fairgrounds.
excellent people for sure!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
What a pleasant surprise I encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in Goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. BOY was I wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem I had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a Flagstaff tech named Sam Slaybach and told him of my problem. Now I have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have I met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor Floyd D. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, Sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the Forest River service personnel at the fairgrounds.
My sentiments as well. Excellent representation of superior customer service.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #1075
Ham Radio since 1970

Agree 100%. Three gentlemen from Cedar Creek were here this morning. Very nice and polite and even fixed a couple of things we had not noticed. Can't say enough nice things about Forest River.
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #1076
Forest River Accessories

Hope everyone is enjoying their time here at the rally. Just wanted to put a quick reminder up for anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new Serta or Trump Mattress or any of the Lay-Z-Boy furniture, that we strongly encourage you to place your order today so that our install team can get you taken care before the end of the rally tomorrow. We have several installs booked already but want to make sure we don't miss anyone that is thinking about upgrading. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the booth and talk to Justin or John. Thanks all and joy your last few days here at the rally!
FRAcessories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #1077
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
Hope everyone is enjoying their time here at the rally. Just wanted to put a quick reminder up for anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new Serta or Trump Mattress or any of the Lay-Z-Boy furniture, that we strongly encourage you to place your order today so that our install team can get you taken care before the end of the rally tomorrow. We have several installs booked already but want to make sure we don't miss anyone that is thinking about upgrading. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the booth and talk to Justin or John. Thanks all and joy your last few days here at the rally!
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #1078
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
Do they sell pillows too?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #1079
Forest River Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
Agreed, this is my first time here at the rally and after being here for several days, I have some ideas that would have been beneficial after talking to the service techs this morning. "Accessories" as my division name is a bit of a stretch but its what its always been. When I was hired it was to take this division in a slightly different direction. We currently handle apparel for our sales reps and dealers for the most part. Through the end of the year I aim to transition this division to more of a true "accessories" division.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #1080
Forest River Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Do they sell pillows too?
They do not, there is a vendor in here selling pillows, blankets and pillow tops , though I don't know much about him or his product.