Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #1141

We, like a lot of other attendees, were very impressed with Forest River and their technicians. We arrived with no expectations whatsoever and left dumbfounded at the extent of the work performed. We had not filled out the service form because we had not had any issues that we thought that Forest River needed to address. We stopped into the service office wanting information on what a replacement window over our sink would cost. There was nothing wrong with the original one but it did not open and we wanted one that opened. Next morning, two techs showed up at 8:15 and said they were there to replace the window. No charge. Also, our tires suffered weather cracks in the sidewall. The tech said we were lucky we didn't get a blowout and said they were going to replace all the tires. Again at no charge. Kudos to Forest River and their technicians. We would be hardpressed to look to a different manufacturer when it comes time to upgrade.

Bill and Diane
Cobalt, Ont
2012 Grey Wolf 18RB
Wildcat661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #1142
Owner/Operator

Question for Rally Veterans

Are there Golf Carts available for rent from the Fairgrounds, or is there a local rental service that you obtain them through?

Just planning for 2014, and will definitely need one due to bad hip.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #1143
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
But did he find his Golf Cart Last time I seen it, it was by the Tiki Hut!!!
Was that where you parked it after you stole it? I can't believe you don't have better respect for someone else's property! I'm appalled!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1144

Yesterday we stopped for the night at Camp Lakewood in Effingham, IL and had a post rally, rally with RalphieAdie and Bobfidy. Great fun.

We're back home now and have a couple of days to do laundry and restock groceries in the trailer for our trip to the Rocky Mountain High rally in Colorado Springs. Anyone else going?

The $500 Pilot fuel card I received for third place in the FROG photo contest is going to come in handy.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #1145

We took our time packing up and leaving and after a leisurely ride home we dropped Carson and his mom off at their house about 8:30 last night. Parked the trailer and went to bed. Three of at least four loads of laundry now done, truck cleaned out, and trailer semi cleaned. Carson said he liked every thing we did at the rally. Even the band and the dancing. Thanks to everyone who put up with our yappy puppies and to everyone who mentioned how much they missed their own grandkids when they watched Carson's antics. We came wanting no repairs but that changed when we lost our tank discharge pipe on the way down. The techs came to fix it on the morning of the second day. A second team came to fix it later the same day and they checked in whenever they saw us to make sure it wasn't leaking. Great job and great guys working for a great company. Bob did a good thing when he put out a tip box for the techs. I hope you got lots of tips and have a good party. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 08-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #1146

Ditto on the tip box Brian. I hope they got enough tips to throw a great party for all the techs. They sure deserve it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #1147

Just a special message for Bob and Cindy.

W W OOOOOO W W
W W OO OO W W
W W W OO OO W W W
W W W W OO OO W W W W
W W OOOOOO W W

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)

P.S. If this program didn't remove the line breaks it would be one great big WOW.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #1148
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Just a special message for Bob and Cindy.

W W OOOOOO W W
W W OO OO W W
W W W OO OO W W W
W W W W OO OO W W W W
W W OOOOOO W W

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)

P.S. If this program didn't remove the line breaks it would be one great big WOW.
Cool!!!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
We took our time packing up and leaving and after a leisurely ride home we dropped Carson and his mom off at their house about 8:30 last night. Parked the trailer and went to bed. Three of at least four loads of laundry now done, truck cleaned out, and trailer semi cleaned. Carson said he liked every thing we did at the rally. Even the band and the dancing. Thanks to everyone who put up with our yappy puppies and to everyone who mentioned how much they missed their own grandkids when they watched Carson's antics. We came wanting no repairs but that changed when we lost our tank discharge pipe on the way down. The techs came to fix it on the morning of the second day. A second team came to fix it later the same day and they checked in whenever they saw us to make sure it wasn't leaking. Great job and great guys working for a great company. Bob did a good thing when he put out a tip box for the techs. I hope you got lots of tips and have a good party. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
If was great meeting you guys at the rally. Carson is a doll and I'm sure quite the entertainer in all groups. We so enjoyed seeing him in action!

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1150

Had a great time at the rally and now on the way to the Tetons and Yellowstone for the next western rallies. At Wisconsin Dells for a few days. The tech guys were great.

Ron Prater
Nashville, TN
Old 08-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #1151
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser View Post
Herk, I tried to catch up with you, but kept missing you - did see you out running around a few times, but you were going faster than I could.

Rick, Debbie and the fur-kids

P.S. We left at 7 o'clock and rolled into the drive way at 11 o'clock - not bad for 185 miles over mostly two lane roads through all the small towns

RJH
Next year for sure!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1152

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Yesterday we stopped for the night at Camp Lakewood in Effingham, IL and had a post rally, rally with RalphieAdie and Bobfidy. Great fun.

We're back home now and have a couple of days to do laundry and restock groceries in the trailer for our trip to the Rocky Mountain High rally in Colorado Springs. Anyone else going?

The $500 Pilot fuel card I received for third place in the FROG photo contest is going to come in handy.
Camp Lakewood in Effingham.. Yep been there. Nice place. Have a safe trip to Colorado Springs and have fun. Keep in touch Bob, Keep en eye on Joyce. I think she needs adult supervision. Naaa ypou guys take care and do keep in touch..

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #1153

Originally posted by Itsthetwoofus:
Keep in touch Bob, Keep en eye on Joyce. I think she needs adult supervision. Naaa ypou guys take care and do keep in touch.

Why George, why would you say such a thing? I thought I was well
behaved on this trip.
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #1154

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
Originally posted by Itsthetwoofus:
Keep in touch Bob, Keep en eye on Joyce. I think she needs adult supervision. Naaa ypou guys take care and do keep in touch.

Why George, why would you say such a thing? I thought I was well
behaved on this trip.
Willll Joyce, it was all those wine corks that were flying all around your site that worried me.. Love ya kiddo

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #1155
Ham Radio since 1970

We only found 3 corks on our awning. That's not that many for that many campfires. :-)
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #1156

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9ID View Post
We only found 3 corks on our awning. That's not that many for that many campfires. :-)
That's probably what broke your hose...one of Joyce's corks.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #1157

Well you know guys, Shirley, Peggy and I all bought a big bottle each of wine to share. I just picked out a bubbly which did pop its cork. And I think Shirley and I drank most of the wine, Peggy just sipped hers. I enjoyed the campfires so much, sitting with everyone and listening to about 8 to 9 conversations.

And I think my Girl Scout Fire would have been great if I had some more flashlights.

I thought this was a wonderful rally. It was great seeing old friends and making news ones. Thank you all so much for being wonderful folks.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #1158

Oh, and by the way, George, we washed our Rally Welcome Team shirts and they did not turn pink like yours did. I think I agree with whoever said the shirt was like a mood ring, your inner feminine side cam out. But it did look pretty. I think FROG Bob should consider that color in the future for everyone.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #1159

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
Oh, and by the way, George, we washed our Rally Welcome Team shirts and they did not turn pink like yours did. I think I agree with whoever said the shirt was like a mood ring, your inner feminine side cam out. But it did look pretty. I think FROG Bob should consider that color in the future for everyone.
OH Haven Help Us!!!!! They say real men wear pink..

Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1160

RV Business posted a good article about last week's FROG Rally in Goshen. Link below
Forest River
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote