Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 07:01 AM   #401
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Thanks Bob. Can you list which Tours are sold out at this point?
There are still spots available on #1, The Real Housewives of Amish Country, and on #8, which is a second offering of Boats, Bison & Bar-B-Q that we added for Thursday to handle the overflow from the Tuesday tour. All of the others are currently filled -- some on the day that registration opened.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #402

First Rally for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I sent the service request form over to our IT folks today, so it will probably be up in the next day or two. At that point I'm going to be sending out an e-mail to everyone who's registered, showing:
Contact info -- name, address, phone, e-mail, etc.
RV info -- brand, size, slides, electrical service
Registration -- RV with 1 Adult, RV with 2 Adults, Additional Persons age 12+
Number of people on each tour
Handicap status and any notes that you included on you registration
Names of everyone attending, regardless of age, for name tags

Please take the time to go over this information, which is exactly as you entered it, and let me know whether you have corrections/additions or not.

In the attendee area, I need names as they should appear on the name tags, so don't enter "Jim and Sue Smith." I need a name tag for "Jim Smith" and for "Sue Smith." (Yes, Youroo, I realize that you and Joyce aren't named Jim and Sue Smith, but you'll figure it out."

Some of you will receive an e-mail that shows that you're registered but haven't chosen a registration status or haven't paid. That might mean that you got through the registration but skipped something in the payment area; that you didn't get into the payment area; that you've chosen to pay by check but we haven't received it yet; or maybe that I'm still waiting for a reply on an oversold tour situation. Give me a call if you have a question on that.

I know that this is a lot of information, but we want to have everything right so that you have a smooth registration and a great week.

Let's Get Ready to Rally!
Thanks for the update Bob, I was wondering how attendees request factory service at the rally. As this will be our 1st. rally we are more than a little in the dark.
I'll wait for your email and hope there is an area to put our request in for warranty work.
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #403

Quote:

In the attendee area, I need names as they should appear on the name tags, so don't enter "Jim and Sue Smith." I need a name tag for "Jim Smith" and for "Sue Smith." (Yes, Youroo, I realize that you and Joyce aren't named Jim and Sue Smith, but you'll figure it out."

Thanks for the update Bob BUT:

Boy,!!!! Sure are going to be a lot of Jim Smith's & Sue Smith's running around all week!!!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 PM   #404

Quote:
I sent the service request form over to our IT folks today, so it will probably be up in the next day or two. At that point I'm going to be sending out an e-mail to everyone who's registered, showing:
<SNIP>
Please take the time to go over this information, which is exactly as you entered it, and let me know whether you have corrections/additions or not.

<SNIP>
I know that this is a lot of information, but we want to have everything right so that you have a smooth registration and a great week.

Bob,

THANKS so much for all your hard work!! Anne-Marie and I are getting excited already!!

Folks, just so you know Bob (and Cindy!) are THE Staff of the FROG! Please make their job easier by checking your email and replying back to Bob ASAP!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #405
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Thanks for the update Bob BUT:

Boy,!!!! Sure are going to be a lot of Jim Smith's & Sue Smith's running around all week!!!!
But it will make it so much easier to remember everyone's name.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #406
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I do answer to hey nurse at work. Maybe we could just all answer to hey FROG person.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #407

I have a quick question. If i need a technician to look at something.At the rally do we need to let them know a head of time or do they just come around please let me know thanks have a great evening
leanne guyitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #408
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne guyitt View Post
I have a quick question. If i need a technician to look at something.At the rally do we need to let them know a head of time or do they just come around please let me know thanks have a great evening

The earlier you can let them know, the better. That way if they need to arrange parts they'll have them on hand by the time you get there. At the show, you head over to the maintenance building and let them know if there's any changes or additions. Then it's just a matter of waiting your turn. The technicians will make it around eventually, provided you're on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-30-2015, 06:43 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne guyitt View Post
As F.R.O.G. mentioned the service request form will be available soon. Be sure to fill out the service request form for any work or issues you have with your RV. Once you’re checked in at the rally you’ll be asked to visit the service center to verify your needs. You can add any new items at this time. The service center will be set up in one of the building at the fairgrounds. If during the rally some new issue should come up you can go over to the service center again and let them know about it and they will do their best to find time for your new issue.

No they won’t just come around to you to see if you need any repairs, they won’t have time for that.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:05 AM   #410

What happens if they come by when you are out? It sounds like they get to ya when they get to ya. No kinda schedule to know when they might come by.
jerryd129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:22 AM   #411
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd129 View Post
What happens if they come by when you are out? It sounds like they get to ya when they get to ya. No kinda schedule to know when they might come by.
You must leave a phone number.
They will call you.
You need to let them know your tour schedule also.
They do ask if they can do work if your not present.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd129 View Post
In the past they stopped by first and took a look at what had to be repaired from your list. They try and tell you what day they will get to you. You only have to be there if you are having inside work done, or if they need access to the inside. They have always been very accommodating in the past. If your not there and leave your RV open they do not want any dogs in the unit. If they do have to enter your unit it's best if you can hang that day. They know that some will take tours and ask, and won't come that day. That has been my experience at the last two. But things can change. Hope that helps a little. Turbs posted as I was writing....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #413

Have been checking my email every day waiting to hear something.
I'll keep checking because there are 2 items I need checked. One being the furnace, it never worked from day one. I would rather have the techs fix it at the rally than the "so called" service techs at the RV Dealership where it was bought from.
I really don't want to miss the chance to get the service done at the rally. This being my first rally.
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
I'll keep checking because there are 2 items I need checked. One being the furnace, it never worked from day one. I would rather have the techs fix it at the rally than the "so called" service techs at the RV Dealership where it was bought from.
I really don't want to miss the chance to get the service done at the rally. This being my first rally.
Not to worry they will be out, and if you do miss it you can stop at the building that they will have set up and they will go over your request with you and if you forget or something happens after you sent it in you will have a chance to add it. I hope like last year where each division was separated. That worked out pretty good last year, It was a zoo before they did that. You can also check the FR owners page where you registered at it will probably be there to in order to download the form is my guess.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #415
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

I don't think you'll miss getting service. Last year I didn't have anything wrong that needed servicing...until I pulled the trailer out of storage to go to the rally and found out my fridge had died. I brought it to my dealer who said they'd have to wait at least 2 weeks to get it repaired (and I was leaving the next day for the rally).

When I got to the rally I headed on down to the service centre and created a new request to have my fridge looked at. Fridge fixed (actually replaced) no problem.

FR really stepped up on that one. As soon as Mike Stump heard I was without a fridge and I had my two kids with me he pulled rank and got me fixed up outside of their systematic "work our way across the park" approach. I was perfectly willing to wait but it showed me that FR does really care. What really enforced it was that he then stopped by at least once a day to make sure the fridge was satisfactory and whether or not I had any more items that needed fixing.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #416

Everyone on the Forest River team will bend over backwards, and then some, to fix any issues you might have with your RV. And they do it with a smile and a handshake. I can't say enough good things about Forest River.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #417

First time attending...As I'm reading thru the forum, I'm getting that it's better to arrive on Sunday instead of late Saturday night. Is that correct?
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post
First time attending...As I'm reading thru the forum, I'm getting that it's better to arrive on Sunday instead of late Saturday night. Is that correct?
It's pretty busy on Sunday, If I were you I would call the Fairgrounds and book for Saturday and pay for the extra night. Trust me you will thank me later...... You will be all set up and then ready to go to the different things like signing up for service which will be at noon to start Sunday I think that is when it began last year. Other then that you will be rushing around. I paid for 2 extra days last year.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #419
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post

Last year we got there Saturday night (like 7 pm) and it was already pretty busy. Out in the fields might not be so bad but some of those lane ways between the buildings can be tight for two rigs to pass each other.

If I had the freedom of time, my choice would be to get there like Wednesday or Thursday so I had plenty of time to get situated and comfortable before everybody else got there.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #420

Rats...my wife works Saturdays and isn't willing to take an extra day or two off for early arrival. I'm gonna have to "work" on her mindset! Thanks for the replies.
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog