Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We just can’t see driving 2,000 miles for a chance at dry camping. Last year it was ten days total, 2 extra nights camping on the way and 2 back, 4 nights. The reason we went last year was because we had met a friend at a rally Bob had in Florida. We went to spend some time with them. The food is not the best but when you are feeding that many people you can’t expect better. I knew a lot of people just went for the service which was fine, a lot of people just went for the rally. You know some people will complain of people that just go for the service but I bet that when free service was going on there was very, very few people that turned down the free service. I don’t blame anyone for not going to the rally or for those that go just for the rally. But I guarantee that if Forest River still gave free service the rally would have already filled up. The rally would have filled up before now and there would be a waiting list. I really thought that Forest River would cheap out this year and not give any free service, they placed more restrictions on the service they offer for free. Maybe I’ll see some people from the rally in restaurants in the area or at Walmart. I hope everyone has a blast at the rally. Make sure you wear your name tags so I’ll know
Yes we've heard about your dry camping several times. TO ME THAT IS PART OF CAMPING . and if the service was free WOULD YOU HAVE A NUMBER AND NOT DOG THE FOOD
JUST CURIOUS
CampinGpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Dry camping, Spock123, is being in your RV, without being hooked up to utilities.
No one at the Rally is there without utilities. There is water electric at every site. And there is sewer hook up at several sites! Sewer pump out service is offered mid week, to those of us that may not get a site with a sewer hook up.
The food, in my opinion was terrific, and as you have pointed out several times, there are many outstanding places to eat in town.
The ‘service’ is a sweet bonus that Forest River provides at the Rally, and owners are very grateful for all they do above and beyond those requests.
THANK YOU. well put
Old 04-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
And then after the 120 minutes, you are solely responsible for what you typed.

I'm retired, I'm not responsible for anything!!!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinGpa View Post
Yes we've heard about your dry camping several times. TO ME THAT IS PART OF CAMPING . and if the service was free WOULD YOU HAVE A NUMBER AND NOT DOG THE FOOD
JUST CURIOUS

There isn’t anything wrong with my Cedar Creek. Our Cedar Creek is four years old and the factory just paid for the front cap repainted. Me and DW doesn’t like a rally anyway. We do dry camp occasionally and I’m set up for it, I have 2 Honda’s 2,000i generators. Hopefully going to Myrtle Beach SC Tuesday, hopefully get to take granddaughter. I’m going to Shipshewana during the rally, there isn’t anything I need at the rally. Well I like Rise n Roll. I wanted to see a friend there but I can see them someplace else. I hope all that goes to the rally has a blast. I went last year because of Daisy Boykin, if not for him and his wife I would not have went. We have been to three rallies so far, we are going to one next month and that will be it for us. We just like doing our own thing.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #585

Quote:
There isn’t anything wrong with my Cedar Creek. Our Cedar Creek is four years old and the factory just paid for the front cap repainted. Me and DW doesn’t like a rally anyway. We do dry camp occasionally and I’m set up for it, I have 2 Honda’s 2,000i generators. Hopefully going to Myrtle Beach SC Tuesday, hopefully get to take granddaughter. I’m going to Shipshewana during the rally, there isn’t anything I need at the rally. Well I like Rise n Roll. I wanted to see a friend there but I can see them someplace else. I hope all that goes to the rally has a blast. I went last year because of Daisy Boykin, if not for him and his wife I would not have went. We have been to three rallies so far, we are going to one next month and that will be it for us. We just like doing our own thing.
That nice to hear about how they take care of the Cedar Creek we have a
2018. and it sounds like you get around quite a bit. this is our first international rally. hope to have a blast
Old 04-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #586
PhD, Common Sense

True “dry camping”:

Walking into the wilderness with a backpack and a knife.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #587

2019 FROG International Rally: August 11-17, 2019

Quote:
That nice to hear about how they take care of the Cedar Creek we have a
2018. and it sounds like you get around quite a bit. this is our first international rally. hope to have a blast

Take the Cedar Creek factory tour. If you can, go by the office upstairs and ask for Denise Davis, she no longer handles the warranty claims but she is a great person to know. Morgan Underwood handles the warranty claims now I think. Also check out Amish Family RV while in Topeka, Orvan Fry is someone you want to meet. All he works on are Cedar Creek’s plus he trained most of the people who work at the Cedar Creek factory
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
True “dry camping”:

Walking into the wilderness with a backpack and a knife.

And all these years I thought Dry Camping was when I accidentally left the booze at home.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #589
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
And all these years I thought Dry Camping was when I accidentally left the booze at home.

Mrs. eye laughed out loud when I read that one to her.

BTW, what do you think the backpack is for?
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #590

Backpack is for carrying crackers, cheese, jerky and space blanket and of course, alcohol and maybe a compass. The small compartment in the backpack holds the knife and a note from home that you have permission to be out in the middle of nowhere.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #591

Quote:
Take the Cedar Creek factory tour. If you can, go by the office upstairs and ask for Denise Davis, she no longer handles the warranty claims but she is a great person to know. Morgan Underwood handles the warranty claims now I think. Also check out Amish Family RV while in Topeka, Orvan Fry is someone you want to meet. All he works on are Cedar Creek’s plus he trained most of the people who work at the Cedar Creek factory
We will do that and was wondering if we should take the factory tour for Cedar Creek or not because we already have one
Old 04-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #592

If you already have a Cedar Creek you should definitely go on the CC factory tour and see how they are built and see all of the latest improvements with them. you will be amazed. enjoy the Rally and the Factory tour
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #593

Hello all. We are new to the RV life and have a Forest River Surveyor 287BHSS. I am thinking about coming to this event but was curious what (if any) there was to do for my 2 grand daughters (ages 7 and 4). Do they have any kid activities, etc?
mrbudman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbudman24 View Post
Hello all. We are new to the RV life and have a Forest River Surveyor 287BHSS. I am thinking about coming to this event but was curious what (if any) there was to do for my 2 grand daughters (ages 7 and 4). Do they have any kid activities, etc?
Welcome and congratulations on the new Surveyor.

Although all FROG events are "kid friendly", in truth, there is little to do for kiddos the age of your granddaughters - except feed them free ice cream every afternoon. The rally itself - vendor exhibits, new RV exhibits, seminars, the Friday "garage sale/swap meet", even meals are more geared toward adults. We have had a number of children the ages of your granddaughters in the past, but the fairgrounds aren't really set to entertain kids. There are some interesting and fun things to see in the area, from the RV Hall of Fame to the Shipshewanna Flea Market to Rocket Science Ice Cream in Napanee, IN. But then again, I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a 4- or 7-year old. It would have to be your call, and others with young children or grandchildren may have another opinion, but i wouldn't think that much of the rally would hold the interest of kids that age for too very long.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbudman24 View Post
There have not been really any kids activities at the rally itself except for the free ice cream midweek but there are some things in the area for side trips plus they could end up with a lot of part time grandparents!!!! I have seen kids at the rally and do know of friends who will have their 7 year old with them.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #596

Quote:
We will do that and was wondering if we should take the factory tour for Cedar Creek or not because we already have one
More important, during the tour, pay attention to where parts are on the trailer. Could help with diagnosing problems down the road. Take lots of pictures!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #597

2019 FROG International Rally: August 11-17, 2019

[ATTACH]202619
This is a sign we saw at Bronners in Frankenmuth, Michigan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	202619  
Robertgorsline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #598

Sounds like the author must have made it thru a couple of the Goshen gully washers during FROG gatherings
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
More important, during the tour, pay attention to where parts are on the trailer. Could help with diagnosing problems down the road. Take lots of pictures!
thank you

Old 04-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #600
Kanadian Kamper

CampinGpa....

If you ever notice you’ve made a typo, just look along the bottom of your posting. There’s an edit button there for at least an hour FOR ONLY YOU to make any changes necessary.

You only need to make a new post if the edit button does not show.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog