Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #41
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
Hello All,
Any updates on the rally, We were really hoping this pandemic would have ran its course by October but it's not looking good. What are your thoughts about this, think it will still be a go???
Thank you!
Everything is still set to go. I haven't heard anything negative from the campground and I have not heard of any other events being cancelled yet.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
Everything is still set to go. I haven't heard anything negative from the campground and I have not heard of any other events being cancelled yet.
If the Frog rally gets cancelled do you know if Octoberfest in Amana IA is going to happen ? I would still like to go. That is a good time
CampinGpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #43
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

60 reservations so far for this event. No restrictions at the campground that I know of. They obviously recommend social distancing when we gather in groups. We have more than enough tables and chairs to space people out when using the Morton building. I would suggest that people could bring there own Clorox wipes if they would feel more comfortable cleaning their own table. I will work on having some stuff available, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.

I would still like to have the potluck but would like to know how other people feel about. We have about two months but if people would like to email me brown1william@gmail.com I would like to hear from you. One suggestion Amana made was if we do a potluck that maybe we have servers instead of self serve?

I think we can still hold the cornhole tournament as well. Need feedback on that.

We may skip the camper crawl this year but need feedback on that as well.

Amana Oktoberfest is planning on doing things different this year. I don't think they have published anything yet but be prepared for changes. There may be limited capacity in the tents and Festhalle. Vendors and such will still be there but the tickets for the Festhalle may be sold per time slot or bands. So it won't be as open as it was in the past due to the crowding that can happen in the Festhalle
Old 08-31-2020, 04:10 PM   #44
Director, FROG

FROG-toberfest CANCELLED

Unfortunately, the organizers of Oktoberfest in the Amana Colonies have posted the following notice on their website:

Oktoberfest 2020: Cancelled

As we all navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have decided to cancel Oktoberfest for 2020 for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers.

Link: Amana Oktoberfest Cancelled

When I spoke with the organizers a couple of weeks ago, their plan was to sell advance tickets to enter the Festhall for timed events, to severely limit the number of people allowed in each session, and to sanitize the hall after each session. They also planned to ask all of the business owners along the parade route to limit the number of people watching the parade from in front of their businesses. Obviously, the organizers have now determined that those plans are not a tenable solution and have cancelled the entire event.

As a result, FROG is treating this as a cancelled event as well, and I've asked Will to notify the Amana Campground and the caterer that we will not be sponsoring this event.

Reservations for this the FROG-toberfest Rally and payment for campsites were made directly with the campground. Therefore, we're asking that everyone registered call the Amana Campground at (319) 622-7616, either to cancel your reservation or to let them know that you would like to keep your reservation in spite of the cancellation of the Oktoberfest activities.

Please let them know this week if at all possible so that they can plan accordingly.

I want to take a moment to thank Will Brown and everyone on his team for their hard work in organizing "FROG-toberfest." While the decision to cancel is difficult, it's certainly the one that has to be made, especially in light of the cancellation of the festival itself. FROG-toberfest is one of our longest-running and most popular events, and we look forward to returning to Amana to celebrate its return in 2021.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:47 PM   #45

Thanks for the update. It's probably best for this horrid year. Looking forward to next year!

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:02 PM   #46

Bummed out but not surprised. With COVID running rampant in Johnson County, just next door to the colonies and bars shut down there I feel that Oktoberfest could have turned into a drunken frat party. Better to be safe than sorry.

This would have been our first rally since upgrading to a travel trailer from our popups.

Hopefully by this time next year the medical community will have a vaccine for this stuff and we can get back to normal...whatever that is/will be.
Iowa Frogfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:51 PM   #47
FROG Enthusiast

Oktoberfest is officially cancelled in Amana this year.
https://kdat.com/oktoberfest-in-the-...eled-for-2020/

Are people still attending the F.R.O.G. event?
girlgeek618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:39 PM   #48

We have already paid the campground and I don't know if they will refund it or not. When I made the reservation in early March, I was told that it was nonrefundable. So we will probably go ahead and camp there.

This rally was to be the start of our winter trip. We have plans made and will probably continue.

Willie
Old Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:40 AM   #49
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Amana RV will be contacting everyone about the different options for your reservations.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:48 AM   #50

Don't get your hopes up. Did a search and the number of events that have been cancelled until 2022 or later is a little scary.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog