Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #841

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
We should be fine at the Amana's.
I just spoke with Laura Friday and she had no concern.
I'm about an hour or less from the Amana's and the only big concern right now is Cedar Rapids which is supposed to crest Monday
Good Deal, thanks for the info.
I remember back in 1989 or 1990 or some such, a lot of Cedar Rapids (and plenty of other places) were innundated well through the Summer.

Besides, don't really have time to add Yard Arms (??) to the flag pole ... much less, fit the TT with Sponsons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flag Pole WIP DSCF2205 CR R.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	121196  

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #842

We are in Sault Ste. Marie. There are two possible routes for us take to Amana. Should we go across the UP and down Wisconsin or down central Michigan and across IN and IL?
I am concerned about all the rain and possible flooding in WI.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #843

Thru Wisconsin is your best choice. The roads have not been affected by the rains. On your way, make some time and stop in Green Bay and visit Lambeau Field and then stop in Oshkosh and visit the EAA Museum. Hope to meet you soon in Amana!
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #844

Okay, thanks. We'll go through WI. it is a shorter route by 7 miles😃

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

Old 09-25-2016, 09:03 AM   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!
Go right over the Big Mac and down to Luddington,Mi. and take the SS Badger across to Manitowoc,Wi! Bucket List Adventure! Youroo!!
Old 09-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #846
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
We are in Sault Ste. Marie. There are two possible routes for us take to Amana. Should we go across the UP and down Wisconsin or down central Michigan and across IN and IL?
I am concerned about all the rain and possible flooding in WI.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

Does your route include hiway 30 in Iowa?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #847
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

And you will miss Chicago traffic.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #848

Do I need to worry about HWY 30?

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

Old 09-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #849

SS Badger looks a little pricey!! We have done several ferry boats, including to/from Newfoundland, so we'll pass this time. Besides, we need to get to Amana and begin drinking beer.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

Old 09-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #850
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
SS Badger looks a little pricey!! We have done several ferry boats, including to/from Newfoundland, so we'll pass this time. Besides, we need to get to Amana and begin drinking beer.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

X2
Old 09-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #851
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Ron, just watching the news in the Twin cities and watching the rivers rise in Cedar Rapids. Will 380 still be a good route to get to Amana on Wednesday?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #852

Yes. I have an RV group in Amana at the same campground you guys are staying. They leave tomorrow as scheduled before the creek rises.

Residents evacuate Cedar Rapids homes ahead of flooding
The Associated Press 17 minutes ago
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Residents are leaving low-lying areas of Cedar Rapids, adhering to a request by the authorities to clear out by 8 p.m. Sunday due to the risk of flooding from the rising Cedar River.
The river crested Saturday night in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, which are about 55 miles upstream from Cedar Rapids, which is Iowa's second-largest city, with about 130,000 people. The water levels in Cedar Falls and Waterloo were slightly lower than had been expected, but they still reached levels that were second only to those in 2008, when a flood devastated the region.
The National Weather Service predicted that the river will crest at 23 feet in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday morning. Officials asked those living in about 5,000 downtown homes near the river to leave by 8 p.m. Sunday. They said it could be days before people could return home.
Cedar Rapids City Manager Jeff Pomeranz said the city has been preparing to deal with a major flood since the 2008 flood, which caused billions of dollars in damage. City workers and volunteers have been working for days to build a temporary system of levees that might be able to contain the floodwaters.
"All the work is coming together, and you can see the benefit of planning and preparation," Pomeranz said.
After the 2008 flood, about 1,350 homes near the Cedar River were bought out and destroyed to reduce the amount of damage that future floods could inflict. About 45 acres of green space sit in that area today.
Unlike in 2008, residents have had more time to prepare for a flood. The benefit of that extra time was clear in the small town of Palo upstream where residents of more than 80 homes have evacuated.
Kim Hutchins, whose home in Palo is about 10 miles upstream from Cedar Rapids, told the Des Moines Register that she spent Saturday packing up her kitchen while some friends unhooked her furnace in the basement and moved it up to the garage. And most of her furniture was piled onto trailers to move.
"They've been telling us it was coming for days. Last time, we had eight or 10 hours to get out," said Hutchins, 53, who planned to go stay with her mother.
Parts of southern Minnesota and southwestern Wisconsin also remained under flood warnings on Sunday, but it appeared that most of the threat of major flooding has passed in those states.
In the southern Minnesota town of St. Clair, eight to 10 homes remained evacuated Sunday, but the Le Sueur River was receding after cresting on Friday.
Assistant Blue Earth County Emergency Manager Eric Weller said Sunday that "we were very lucky overnight" that not much rain fell. But he said crews were still pumping at the wastewater treatment plant's lift station and that the town's 870 residents should still refrain from taking showers or using the toilet.
Two bridges remain closed in LeSueur because of high water, but Weller said schools are expected to reopen Monday.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #853
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

When or if we get to Amana will there be problems with flooding?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:29 PM   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes. I have an RV group in Amana at the same campground you guys are staying. They leave tomorrow as scheduled before the creek rises.

Residents evacuate Cedar Rapids homes ahead of flooding
The Associated Press 17 minutes ago
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Residents are leaving low-lying areas of Cedar Rapids, adhering to a request by the authorities to clear out by 8 p.m. Sunday due to the risk of flooding from the rising Cedar River.
The river crested Saturday night in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, which are about 55 miles upstream from Cedar Rapids, which is Iowa's second-largest city, with about 130,000 people. The water levels in Cedar Falls and Waterloo were slightly lower than had been expected, but they still reached levels that were second only to those in 2008, when a flood devastated the region.
The National Weather Service predicted that the river will crest at 23 feet in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday morning. Officials asked those living in about 5,000 downtown homes near the river to leave by 8 p.m. Sunday. They said it could be days before people could return home.
Cedar Rapids City Manager Jeff Pomeranz said the city has been preparing to deal with a major flood since the 2008 flood, which caused billions of dollars in damage. City workers and volunteers have been working for days to build a temporary system of levees that might be able to contain the floodwaters.
"All the work is coming together, and you can see the benefit of planning and preparation," Pomeranz said.
After the 2008 flood, about 1,350 homes near the Cedar River were bought out and destroyed to reduce the amount of damage that future floods could inflict. About 45 acres of green space sit in that area today.
Unlike in 2008, residents have had more time to prepare for a flood. The benefit of that extra time was clear in the small town of Palo upstream where residents of more than 80 homes have evacuated.
Kim Hutchins, whose home in Palo is about 10 miles upstream from Cedar Rapids, told the Des Moines Register that she spent Saturday packing up her kitchen while some friends unhooked her furnace in the basement and moved it up to the garage. And most of her furniture was piled onto trailers to move.
"They've been telling us it was coming for days. Last time, we had eight or 10 hours to get out," said Hutchins, 53, who planned to go stay with her mother.
Parts of southern Minnesota and southwestern Wisconsin also remained under flood warnings on Sunday, but it appeared that most of the threat of major flooding has passed in those states.
In the southern Minnesota town of St. Clair, eight to 10 homes remained evacuated Sunday, but the Le Sueur River was receding after cresting on Friday.
Assistant Blue Earth County Emergency Manager Eric Weller said Sunday that "we were very lucky overnight" that not much rain fell. But he said crews were still pumping at the wastewater treatment plant's lift station and that the town's 870 residents should still refrain from taking showers or using the toilet.
Two bridges remain closed in LeSueur because of high water, but Weller said schools are expected to reopen Monday.

Thanks Iggy!!
2015 Camping---"162 Nights"
2016--Moved in camper 11/2015 while
getting ready to sell sticks-N-bricks
PIGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #855
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

We helped sandbag yesterday. Lot of work going on here in CR.

I can't recall if I booked for Wednesday night or not. I took off Thursday and Friday from work so I am kinda thinking that I must have...

I380 and hwy 30 are open for now. I380 should not be shut down at all. Keep an eye on Hwy 30 though.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #856

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
When or if we get to Amana will there be problems with flooding?
We are FROGS .....we ain't afraid of a little water! A lot of water moving fast, maybe.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #857
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW5505 View Post
Good picture

Thank you!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #858
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Nice pic! Perfect day for a ride!

Thank you! It was a perfect day! The Poker Run was a Veteran Charity event and its always great to meet and chat with them! They love their Harley's too!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Old 09-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #859
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdudette View Post
Looking good you two!!

Thank you Michelle!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #860
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQ View Post
Thru Wisconsin is your best choice. The roads have not been affected by the rains. On your way, make some time and stop in Green Bay and visit Lambeau Field and then stop in Oshkosh and visit the EAA Museum. Hope to meet you soon in Amana!

I went to the university in Oshkosh!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Tags
frog