Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #321
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
We were kinda hoping that the next one would be somewhere around Elkhart Indiana late June early July. That way we could get to do a factory tour of one of the FR factories and carry on back north to Barrie Ontario. BUt I suppose that is kinda selfish reasoning.
I think that is a GREAT IDEA and easy for me!!! Talk about really selfish! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #322

Hi Iggy
Good on you for all your effort toward making this rally a memorable one. We had to come home to Canada from AZ early this year but hope that this rally idea can become a yearly thing. We would like the opportunity to attend another year.
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst2 View Post
Hi Iggy
Good on you for all your effort toward making this rally a memorable one. We had to come home to Canada from AZ early this year but hope that this rally idea can become a yearly thing. We would like the opportunity to attend another year.
Lloyd
Iggy has done a great job.
I think his intentions are not necessarily to make this a once a year thing, but rather that fellow FRF members follow his lead and set up rallys anywhere at anytime. Most of us cannot make trips halfway accross the country, so get together with others in your area with an open invitation to all FRF members. The OMI rally that is starting to take shape is a great example.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Iggy has done a great job.
I think his intentions are not necessarily to make this a once a year thing, but rather that fellow FRF members follow his lead and set up rallys anywhere at anytime. Most of us cannot make trips halfway accross the country, so get together with others in your area with an open invitation to all FRF members. The OMI rally that is starting to take shape is a great example.
Thanks and I could agree with you more. This is just an idea for the 1st FROG rally. If anyone wants to start on for their state only is a great idea. Like it has been said this is a fellowship get together with great folks that have a common interest. RVing and having fun!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
I think that is a GREAT IDEA and easy for me!!! Talk about really selfish! :-)
Bob I like that idea of coming to visit. Do you have room in your backyard for 20 rigs with full hookups?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #326

FROG UPDATE March 10, 2011

Forest River Owners Group rally - FROG

March 10, 2011 UPDATE
I just got off the phone with our Group Coordinator Traci from America’s Best Campground in Branson MO. We talked about schedules and things that I will include in a future updates.

Today’s numbers that have paid their one day reservation are 13 rigs for the rally.
We had 2 cancel because of personal reasons.
We do have 2 additional rigs waiting until the end of March because of final scheduling.

I have drafted a basic copy of the events itinerary and wanted everyone to take a look at it. This is a DRAFT and to be looked over. It has important 2 things that you need to read.

1. The 1st meeting on Sunday May 1, 2011 between 3 and 5 PM

2. The Pot Luck dinner scheduled May 3,, 2011 starting at 5 PM to 7PM.
If you have comments please PM me here or email me at home if you have my email address. If you do not have my direct email PM me here and I will send it to you.

3. I would like to ask if anyone would like to help me planning this event. I just would feel better if I had a partner just in case something unforeseen happens. (a little insurance)
My equal partner and I will review the schedule and talk directly on the phone. This will insure that this event will be a successful. It need to be someone that has the time and I do need someone who can take care of the printed packages that will be handed out when we arrive in Branson.

Please take a look at the basic draft itinerary attached.

Thank you and looking forward to our FROG Rally.

P.S. I will be unavailable from March 13 -28.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Itenerary_Draft_001.pdf (499.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #327

Spaces are filling in fast

Make your reservations Soon!
April is around the corner and May 1st will be here quickly.

Forest River 2011 Rally in Branson MO..

We are gathering the Forest River wagons for the 1st Forest River Owners Group (FROG) Rally in Branson MO.
May 1 - 4, 2011 at the America's Best Campground (ABC).
It will be 3 nights at $27.50 per night (special group rate) and reservations must be made with a $35 deposit to hold your reservation which is non-refundable if reservations are cancelled. If you want to come earlier or stay later you can ay the group rate but must make the reservations with Traci and mention it is part of the FROG Rally..

Who's coming?

Iggy - John & Di - Surprise AZ
3 Happy Campers - Dave & Judy - Perkasie PA
lbrjet - Larry & Janice - Noblesville IN
52Dodgeman - Richard & Candice - Liberty Hill TX
mg0427 - Michael & Robyn - Kansas City MO
Itsthetwoofus - George & Peggy - Grand Ledge MI
Bobfidy - Bob & Nancy - Broken Arrow OK
Levendoski - Dale - The Villages FL
GeorgieGirl - Ron & Carolyn - Coweta OK
Walke - Ken & Judy - New Brunswick Canada
BigRed - Dave & Annamarie - Rochester NY
Oakman - Bob & Joyce - Imperial MO

PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS ASAP with
Traci Stilwell (Group Coordinators) at America’s Best Campground 1-800-671-4399.
Tell them you are part of the Forest River Owners Group (FROG)

Arrival date Sunday May 1, 2011, noon check-in
3 nights (if you want to come earlier or stay later that is up to you)
Checkout is Wednesday May 4, 2011 before 11 AM

LINK
Branson MO Official Website - Branson Missouri Hotels, Accommodations, Lodging, Shows, Attractions and More!

After you make your reservations please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number as well as your direct email address so I can compile a list of who is going. I will not publish this list but will use it for us only.

If you have any questions please PM me.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #328

Toad

I'm ready but may not be willing.......
levendoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #329

For those heading to Branson & want some feedback on possible shows to consider, my wife & I just came back from seeing SIX & we highly recommend this show if anyone is on the fence deciding. You can see show highlight segments on Youtube. I can tell you this, 3 days is NOT long enough to see & do activities around Branson. You'll just have to come back & do those things you missed this go round!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #330
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Bob I like that idea of coming to visit. Do you have room in your backyard for 20 rigs with full hookups?
Actually, I have room for twenty recreational vehicles, but they would need to be BOATS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74071_454286142413_714142413_5945767_5107755_n (1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	4871  
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #331
Site Team

In the future I would love a get-together on the west coast. I'm somewhat limited to distance until my auto lease is up in early 2014. In the meantime I am borrowing my sister's Yukon to tow my tt so I'm not wandering too far from home. I will feel better about longer distance once I am using my own truck.

Is anyone interested?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #332

F.Y.I.- Past thru Branson yesterday working in the area. Gas prices are running $3.35-3.39 for regular, diesel running $3.69-3.79 as of 3/18/2011. If you fill up before Branson in Springfield or Ozark Missouri along the way, you will save 10-15 cents a gallon for regular, alittle less than that for diesel. You'll have about 7 pretty good hills along the stretch of 30 miles between Ozark & Branson. All very good highway.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandPandra View Post
F.Y.I.- Past thru Branson yesterday working in the area. Gas prices are running $3.35-3.39 for regular, diesel running $3.69-3.79 as of 3/18/2011. If you fill up before Branson in Springfield or Ozark Missouri along the way, you will save 10-15 cents a gallon for regular, alittle less than that for diesel. You'll have about 7 pretty good hills along the stretch of 30 miles between Ozark & Branson. All very good highway.
Thank you very much for the updtae on fuel and where to buy it.
I'm presently in Mexico with the trailer and the prices are about the same here.
We hope we have a few more join us in Branson. You can call your reservations until April 25th. to get the FROG $27 a night dealat the ABC Campground
Here a picture of where I'm located on the beach.
See everyone soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocky Point 2 010.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	4907  
Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #334

Smile

Looks good John, bet your having a good time down there. We are all set for a week in Branson, we'll be there on the 27th of April and we'll be in our FROG spot. We figured 3 days wasn't much time so we'll make it a week and get in what we can in that time.
Looking forward to seeing all of you there. By the time you all get there you'll probably find us in a show some where or sleeping..
We'll have a FROG sign hanging some where.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #335

Frog rally

Well I'm sorry to say that the rally has taken a minor turn.
We now only have 11 registered to come with 2 additional possible.

We lost a few because of medical conditions and even one because they sold his Forest River rig.

We will continue to move forward and prepare for our adventure in meeting everyone in Branson in a 4 weeks.

If anyone want to join us and get the group rally rate they must call the All American Campground and mention you are part of the FROG Rally.

Thank you Walke for the package. I just returned home yesterday and found your signs. Thank you very much.

F
orest River Owners Group rally - FROG

This will be a gathering of folks who have Forest River rigs. The purpose of this rally is to meet others with similar rigs and we are planning some short fellowship meetings during the day as well as a pot luck dinner. If you are able to plan this far ahead please consider joining us.
Branson Mo. Is a really great family destination with many shows and other attractions.
The weather is great in early May.

America’s Best Campground Branson Missouri
Sunday May 1, 2011, Check-in noon, 3 nights leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011
499 Buena Vista Rd, Branson, MO 65616 Phone: 800.671.4399
Daily Group price is $27.50 per day with sites 30ft wide x up to 70 ft long depending on your rig.
This is for a full hookup electric, water and sewer. They have free wifi.
Pets welcome.

Group price per day is $27.50 (Reg $35)
Check out the campgrounds website at http://www.abc-branson.com/
Here is the Branson MO official downtown website http://www.branson.com/

You need to make reservations only with
Traci Stilwell (Group Coordinator) America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399
Tell her you are part of the Forest River Owners Group (FROG)

Leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011

After you make your reservations please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number as well as your direct email address so I can compile a list of who is going. I will not publish this list but will use it for us only.

I thank you all for your patience and hope this is the start of a great adventure.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #336

Bev and I are still still hot possibles, we have three more days of packing up the house, then off to Dublin for three nights, arrive Vancouver 4th April to start truck hunting. I wish I could buy the truck in Ohio and register both truck and RV there, it would save a lot of hassle!

See you soon!

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
Bev and I are still still hot possibles, we have three more days of packing up the house, then off to Dublin for three nights, arrive Vancouver 4th April to start truck hunting. I wish I could buy the truck in Ohio and register both truck and RV there, it would save a lot of hassle!

See you soon!
Thanks for keeping us posted. Have a safe enjoyable trip and hope things work out on your truck and trailer. See you in Branson!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #338
RV Newbie

We may be another possible, DW and I have been watching the thread and talking about it. She has gone so far as to begin looking for FROGS and FROG signs, LOL

I have been working on the RV and don't know when things will be done. We have a friend in Coal City, Ill (he is right on the old Route 66) that we plan to visit soon and wanted to do a bit of Route 66, and see the Arch. So we are hoping to include a visit to the rally into those stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Well I'm sorry to say that the rally has taken a minor turn.
We now only have 11 registered to come with 2 additional possible.

We lost a few because of medical conditions and even one because they sold his Forest River rig.

We will continue to move forward and prepare for our adventure in meeting everyone in Branson in a 4 weeks.

If anyone want to join us and get the group rally rate they must call the All American Campground and mention you are part of the FROG Rally.

Thank you Walke for the package. I just returned home yesterday and found your signs. Thank you very much.

F
orest River Owners Group rally - FROG

This will be a gathering of folks who have Forest River rigs. The purpose of this rally is to meet others with similar rigs and we are planning some short fellowship meetings during the day as well as a pot luck dinner. If you are able to plan this far ahead please consider joining us.
Branson Mo. Is a really great family destination with many shows and other attractions.

Daily Group price is $27.50 per day with sites 30ft wide x up to 70 ft long depending on your rig.
This is for a full hookup electric, water and sewer. They have free wifi.
Pets welcome.

Traci Stilwell (Group Coordinator) America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399

I thank you all for your patience and hope this is the start of a great adventure.

1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
We may be another possible, DW and I have been watching the thread and talking about it. She has gone so far as to begin looking for FROGS and FROG signs, LOL

I have been working on the RV and don't know when things will be done. We have a friend in Coal City, Ill (he is right on the old Route 66) that we plan to visit soon and wanted to do a bit of Route 66, and see the Arch. So we are hoping to include a visit to the rally into those stops.
We are glad to hear you are thinking about the rally to Branson. As far as I know you can make reservations up to the the last minute.
If you do decide please let us know here and you can PM a short message with your name, email address, address and phone number so when I send out information I can send it to you.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #340

Only a few week before the Rally!

Forest River Owners Group rally - FROG
Only a few week before the Rally!

Daily Group price is $27.50 per day (Reg $35) with sites 30ft wide x up to 70 ft long depending on your rig.
Full hookup electric, water, sewer, free wifi and Pet Friendly park.

Traci Stilwell (Group Coordinator) America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399. See will need a $340 deposit.

Tags
frog