Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #361

Thanks for the PM John, I will give him a call on Monday first thing I need to get something sorted out!

Nigel and bev

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #362

We have more coming to Branson

I have just been notified that we now have 2 more rigs coming to Branson in a few weeks.

They are
(OldGuys) Brain and Joanne from Onterio Canada
(budlemon) Bud and Fran from Onterio Canada

That brings our number up to 16 rigs coming.

Please welcome them aboard and if anyone has any question about our rally speak up now because it is just a few short weeks.

Great job everyone!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #363

Smile

Ahhh good, this is going to be fun..See ya all there..

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #364

We have applied for a Gov. loan for fuel to come to the (Frog) rally. We also had garage sales,and have taken our furniture to the Flea market! We might have enough to get to Branson,hopefully the Frog group will help out a Tadpole return home to the Pond! Your fellow Frog,Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #365

[QUOTE=Iggy;95745]I have just been notified that we now have 2 more rigs coming to Branson in a few weeks.

They are
(OldGuys) Brain and Joanne from Onterio Canada
(budlemon) Bud and Fran from Onterio Canada

Please welcome them aboard and if anyone has any question about our rally speak up now because it is just a few short weeks.

Welcome OldGuys (there will be a few of us there ) and budlemon. Glad you can join us, should be a good time.
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We have applied for a Gov. loan for fuel to come to the (Frog) rally. We also had garage sales,and have taken our furniture to the Flea market! We might have enough to get to Branson,hopefully the Frog group will help out a Tadpole return home to the Pond! Your fellow Frog,Youroo!!

I hear you. We are leaving two weeks early so I can stop in each town and stand on a street corner with a sign and tin cup. Thought about selling our first born but she is thirty-three, married and pregnant so I figured we wouldn't get much.
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #367

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Dodgeman View Post
I hear you. We are leaving two weeks early so I can stop in each town and stand on a street corner with a sign and tin cup. Thought about selling our first born but she is thirty-three, married and pregnant so I figured we wouldn't get much.

We are already in AZ heading for Mi after our winter stay here. I have grand kids I could sell but I'd get more for my Son in Mi.
He'll come with 6 kids and a good job. That might help me with the diesel cost to get home. You'll have to pay me then go to Mi and get the clan but you'll need a bus to transport them back to your home. Might not be worth the investment.
I can always stop, and my wife and I could be Walmart greeters for fuel.
See you all in Branson!!

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #368

Thanks John. Anyone can spell Ontario wrong but it takes a real clairvoyant to know that Brian is really a Brain. I really like that but I hope it doesn't cost me more when we finally meet. Like everyone said this could be a tad expensive for fuel. The funny thing is we look at your gas prices as cheaper compared to our $1.29 per liter. There are about 3.5liters in a U.S gallon ??? so....1.25 x3.5= $4.375/U.S. gallon. Ouch. Guess we will try a run to the border before we top up. Hope to see you all there.

Old Guys

Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #369

Correction on the previous post. Maybe I'm not such a brain after all. Just looked at a conversion site and there are about 3.75 liters in a U.S. gallon. Therefore it should be $1.29 x 3.75=4.8375/U.S. gallon. not 4.37. Oh my I should have quit while I was ahead or should that be before I was so far behind. Doesn't matter. Cheaper American gas and meeting you guys will make me feel a lot better. See you in a couple of weeks. Old Guys

Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Correction on the previous post. Maybe I'm not such a brain after all. Just looked at a conversion site and there are about 3.75 liters in a U.S. gallon. Therefore it should be $1.29 x 3.75=4.8375/U.S. gallon. not 4.37. Oh my I should have quit while I was ahead or should that be before I was so far behind. Doesn't matter. Cheaper American gas and meeting you guys will make me feel a lot better. See you in a couple of weeks. Old Guys

Looking forward to it.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Thanks John. Anyone can spell Ontario wrong but it takes a real clairvoyant to know that Brian is really a Brain.
I'm so sorry about the spelling error. I can only say I'm sorry as I'm not at home using my computer.

The number of rig joining us in Branson has been increasing each day this week. I will let you know how many when I return home this weekend.

The only change I have is that I WILL BE IN SPACE 94
and NOT 93 as written earlier.

See you all soon.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #372

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
The only change I have is that I WILL BE IN SPACE 94
and NOT 93 as written earlier.
See you all soon.
Ahhhh shuck-ens John, We'll find you no matter where you are.
See ya there.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #373

Latest List for the FROG Rally

Iggy John & Di , Surprise AZ

lbrjet Larry & Janice, Noblesville IN

52Dodgeman Richard & Candice, Liberty Hill TX

mg0427 Michael & Robyn, Kansas City MO

Itsthetwoofus George & Peggy, Grand Ledge MI

Bobfidy Bob & Nancy, Broken Arrow OK

GeorgieGirl Ron and Carolyn, Coweta OK

Walke Ken & Judy, New Brunswick Canada

Oakman Bob & Joyce, Imperial MO

Tarheel Jerry & Ann Charlotte NC

Bob - Terry Bob & Terry, Chandler OK

Youroo Gary, Waynesville OH

Bob Fields Robert & Lynda Stoneham MA

Nigel Nigel & Bev Portugal

Old Guys Brian & Joanne, Stratford, Ontario Canada

budlemon Bud & Fran, St. Marys, Ontario Canada

popbreed Don & Shirley, Wagoneer OK

We do have 2 more that still are maybe and 1 other that will stay at another campground.

Am I missing anyone?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #374

Don't be sorry John. It happens all the time. I even had an insurance policy that was filled out that way once. Thankfully I never had to collect on it. That is good news on the numbers and hopefully even more will come yet. The more the merrier. It will be nice to finally be at the first editon of something instead of a day late and a dollar short. Looking forward to meeting everyone and am starting to get the pre trip jitters already. Old Guys
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #375

Watching travel weather to Branson MO

Everyone,
As everyone is aware the weather in the midwest and further east has been causing havoc for everyone. We are watching the forecasts for many of the cities I must drive from Arizona. I suggest everyone should do this as we get closer to the May 1st date.

I want everyone to know that if anyone feels unsure of the weather and plans not to come that is fine with me. If I see that my route will have high winds and storms I will cancel or delay my trip to Branson and hope you will too.

I'm going to call ABC and talk about a contingency date later in May if weather becomes a major issue for most. But at this time we are holding to the schedule dates. May 1 - 4.

I will send everyone this message via your email addresses you provided me.

Please jump in and let us know your thoughts on the weather.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #376

Can you believe this...

I just received an email from Nigels (Nigel & Bev )

They are members here and just arrived in Vancouver BC from Portugal earlier this month. They purchased a their new truck and headed to Elkhart Indiana and RVWholesalers.com to pick up their new trailer. They will be staying in Elkhart for awhile until the weather clears before heading to Branson

This is their first visit to the USA as well as first time pulling a trailer.
I hope ALL FROGS will welcome them when they arrive in Branson.
I'm sure they will have a few great stories to tell us.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #377

John,

The weather here in NE OK normally leads Branson by one day although Wagoner is typically a few degrees warmer than Branson. Our forecasts for the next 10 days include thunderstorms this week and next week until next Thursday. WE normally keep a close eye on the weather especially for hail and tornado's. We do have the advantage of only being 3 hours away from Branson. Will you be coming through OK on I44? I am sure you are aware of the wild fire situation in most of TX. WE are hoping we will meet everyone in 12 days
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
John,

The weather here in NE OK normally leads Branson by one day although Wagoner is typically a few degrees warmer than Branson. Our forecasts for the next 10 days include thunderstorms this week and next week until next Thursday. WE normally keep a close eye on the weather especially for hail and tornado's. We do have the advantage of only being 3 hours away from Branson. Will you be coming through OK on I44? I am sure you are aware of the wild fire situation in most of TX. WE are hoping we will meet everyone in 12 days
Yes we will be taking I 44 all the way to Springfield MO then south.
No we have not heard anything about any wild fires in Texas. I will try a Google search and find out more.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #379

John,

If you are taking I44 all the way from AZ, you should miss the wild fires. Current hot spot is around the Fort Worth area and east of Dallas. Do not believe the TX pan handle area has had any serious fire problems. We will go North on I 69 and pick up I44 at Big Cabin, OK and then travel to the Springfield area. A few more miles but the path through Arkansas is very hilly and winding road. We use to go that way with the car but switched several years ago. Be sure to take the Springfield bypass which is several miles west of the main Springfield exits. I will find the road number or exit from my GPS if you need it. Storms here did not materialize yesterday or last night.
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
John,

If you are taking I44 all the way from AZ, you should miss the wild fires. Current hot spot is around the Fort Worth area and east of Dallas. Do not believe the TX pan handle area has had any serious fire problems. We will go North on I 69 and pick up I44 at Big Cabin, OK and then travel to the Springfield area. A few more miles but the path through Arkansas is very hilly and winding road. We use to go that way with the car but switched several years ago. Be sure to take the Springfield bypass which is several miles west of the main Springfield exits. I will find the road number or exit from my GPS if you need it. Storms here did not materialize yesterday or last night.
I was just looking at the by-pass just a few minutes ago. If it is only 2-3 years old my GPS may not have it but I think I can figure it out when I get closer.
I do plan on topping off my fuel tanks in Springfield. Seems Xam's Clubs are the cheapest.

Tags
frog