Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #521

Good Time & Great People

Trailer is washed, axles lubed, we are ready to go again. Really enjoyed the Branson meet. Great bunch of Forest River owners and lots of new friends. I only wish there would have been more time to get to know everyone better. Thanks to Iggy for pulling it together, Bobfidy for the pictures and of course Old Guys for bringing Carson, our littlest croaker along. I hope this first get together sets the precedence for outstanding FROG events in the future. Thanks to the vendors who participated and a special thanks to Bob Fields and his charming wife Lynda for making the trek to Branson. We are especially thankful to Bob for helping us resolve a connection problem with our Concertone. This is by far one of the most enjoyable trips we have made with our trailer. Let’s do it again soon.

Best wishes and happy camping until we meet again.

Richard
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #522

Home at last

We made it home fairly trouble free on Saturday night about 6:30 p.m.. Our only real problem occured when a tractor trailer from Prime Inc. decided he would just pull out into slowed traffic and almost hit Bud and Fran. This forced them to do a sudden shift to the left and in front of me as I was coming over a rise. There was a lot of standing on the brake pedal and then thanking God for trailer brakes but we managed to avoid broadsiding them and stayed on the road all be it a little crooked. No harm done and we soon were on our way again. I really should say that that was the only problem we had with truck traffic and found all the others quite considerate and we saw a lot of trucks. It was a little difficult to return to bare limbed trees after the beautiful foliage in Missouri but things are starting to bud out here and it will be better by the weekend I hope.

Thanks to Iggy, BobFidy, Bob Fields, RV Wholesale, Forest River and everyone who attended and made the rally such a good time. We can honestly say "We never met anyone we didn't like and it was great fun to have a roll with Shirley". Thanks Bob and Joyce for getting the pot luck and Dixie Stampede things organized (sorry about the sauerkraut Joyce but Bob seemed to like it). A special thanks to ABC and especially Tracey for taking such good care of us on our first rally. I don't think it could have been done any better.

Last but not least, thanks to everyone for putting up with a couple of cranky old Canadians and their special little partner Carson. Till we meet again we will always remember you and travel safely. Old Guys
Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
We made it home.....
Last but not least, thanks to everyone for putting up with a couple of cranky old Canadians and their special little partner Carson. Till we meet again we will always remember you and travel safely. Old Guys
Thank you for making the trip south of the border.
It was a pleasure meeting everyone.
I'm sure you are glad to be home.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #524

Regardless of where or when the next FROG rally happens, I vote we set aside one night for another pot luck dinner to be followed with a beer and wine festival. It might have a real international flavor if Old Guys and budlemon brought some wine from one of the local Ontario wineries. Nigel and Bev probably couldn’t get wine into America from Portugal so they could just ship a case to me and I would bring it to the rally.
BTW, 3.2 beer would have to be banned from such an event.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #525

Back home...Got honey dos done this morning, got grass cut...thanks to a neighbor for doing part of it yesterday...and washed the trailer and truck.
LORDY never knew there were so many bugs out this early in the year...or is it the monster front end of the trailer and the BIG brown truck.
Going to see our dealer tomorrow and talk about the FROG group and do some recruiting.
Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the pictures. It is my pleasure making that happen.
Looking forward to next time...be it Colorada Springs. Elkhart, or the "DRY HEAT" of Arizona. Might just try to get enough folks interested in the Oklahoma area to do a get together here close to home...and invite anyone else who wants to come.

See you all down the road.

BOB and NANCY
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #526
mercman

Old Guys said it all. We Canucks had a great time meeting everyone and thank all for their hospitality and the work that went into making the rally a tremendous success. Look forward to the possibility of meeting again.
Safe travels to all FROGS!
Bud and Fran
budlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Back home...Got honey dos done this morning, got grass cut...thanks to a neighbor for doing part of it yesterday...and washed the trailer and truck.
LORDY never knew there were so many bugs out this early in the year...or is it the monster front end of the trailer and the BIG brown truck.
Going to see our dealer tomorrow and talk about the FROG group and do some recruiting.
Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the pictures. It is my pleasure making that happen.
Looking forward to next time...be it Colorada Springs. Elkhart, or the "DRY HEAT" of Arizona. Might just try to get enough folks interested in the Oklahoma area to do a get together here close to home...and invite anyone else who wants to come.

See you all down the road.

BOB and NANCY

Count us in Bob.

Rich and Candice
Liberty Hill, TX
Old 05-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #528

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Dodgeman View Post
Count us in Bob.

Rich and Candice
itsthetwoofus too!!
Just in case there is someone who didn/t get this:
its the two of us is who we are.. if I used it'sthetwoofus I would have given it away. We'll see you all at the next FROG rally.
Keep in touch. George & Peggy

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
itsthetwoofus too!!
Just in case there is someone who didn/t get this:
its the two of us is who we are.. if I used it'sthetwoofus I would have given it away. We'll see you all at the next FROG rally.
Keep in touch. George & Peggy
ItsThe2OfUS
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #530

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
ItsThe2OfUS
Ahhh John, that's to boring. Gotta keep em on their toes.

While your here, it's 80 degrees here and 90% humility and threat of strong thunder storms tonight. I miss the DRY heat..

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
While your here, it's 80 degrees and 90% humility and threat of strong thunder storms tonight. I miss the DRY heat..
I've ready to jump in the pool. Tomorrow it is suppose to get close to 99.

Oh did you hear about the two US Border Guards getting killed in Gila Bend? Just wanted to see if you hear about in the national news.
Our borders are safe says Janet Napolitano our X Governor. She sure looks more like a puppet these days.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #532

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I've ready to jump in the pool. Tomorrow it is suppose to get close to 99.

Oh did you hear about the two US Border Guards getting killed in Gila Bend? Just wanted to see if you hear about in the national news.
Our borders are safe says Janet Napolitano our X Governor. She sure looks more like a puppet these days.
No John we didn't hear about it. That's pretty close to home down there. It's not getting any better is it..

Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #533

Bob, I was at OUR dealers this AM. Talked with all that would listen about FROG and had on the new frog hat. They was good comments about a local (OK and others) rally.

It was a great rally with great people!! Hope we maintain contact. Shirley and I am ready for round 2!
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
Bob, I was at OUR dealers this AM. Talked with all that would listen about FROG and had on the new frog hat. They was good comments about a local (OK and others) rally.

It was a great rally with great people!! Hope we maintain contact. Shirley and I am ready for round 2!
Don...I was at Daves at 1:00pm today and talked to our salesman about FROG too. He is big time excited.
I still am waiting to get ahold of Dave to get him the FROG ballcap I have for him.
Going to call Coweta folks on Monday to set up lunch...maybe some day next week.

BOB
Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #535

Bob, this week is fine. Next week Monday is OK but out of pocket the rest of the week. Keep me posted

Don
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #536

N.E.OKLAHOMA FROG lunch and planning session

Just got home from having lunch with Ron and Carolyn Burkleo and Don and Shirley Breed and Bob and Nancy Schorfheide at Applebees in Broken Arrow, Ok. today.
Great lunch and chit chat about our rally in Branson, our rigs, world issues, and planning a couple more camping trips. We got everything solved except the world issues.
We are planning a trip to MarVal campground near Gore, Oklahoma from June 8 to 12, and a trip to Natural Falls State Park in July near West Siloam Springs, OK. Dates to be determined.
If anyone else is interested in joining us or anyone has questions about FROG please just holler at us and we will try to help.
After lunch we stopped at the local Lowes...where I retired 10/10/10 and found another FROG flag...That we HAD to have.
Bob and Nancy Schorfheide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0146.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	5851   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0148.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5852  
Old 05-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #537
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Beware of the crazy FROG Lady - I love it! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Just got home from having lunch with Ron and Carolyn Burkleo and Don and Shirley Breed and Bob and Nancy Schorfheide at Applebees in Broken Arrow, Ok. today.
Great lunch and chit chat about our rally in Branson, our rigs, world issues, and planning a couple more camping trips. We got everything solved except the world issues.
We are planning a trip to MarVal campground near Gore, Oklahoma from June 8 to 12, and a trip to Natural Falls State Park in July near West Siloam Springs, OK. Dates to be determined.
If anyone else is interested in joining us or anyone has questions about FROG please just holler at us and we will try to help.
After lunch we stopped at the local Lowes...where I retired 10/10/10 and found another FROG flag...That we HAD to have.
Bob and Nancy Schorfheide
We could use the (COORS LIGHT) sign for our (Tadpole Rally)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We could use the (COORS LIGHT) sign for our (Tadpole Rally)! Youroo!!
LOL...Check your local Applebees.....LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #540

Our thoughts and prayers are with our Oklahoma FROGS. We hope you are all safe as tornadoes are overhead! Please let us know that you are safe as soon as you can.

Richard and Candice Stroope
Liberty Hill, TX

Tags
frog