Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #2181
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
As long as you don’t have to “count” the number of streets before you turn.

Ya got me on that one! [emoji23]
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #2182

I am thinking about driving a golf cart for a couple of days but I am going to be “Hank the angry insulting shuttle driver”.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #2183
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I am thinking about driving a golf cart for a couple of days but I am going to be “Hank the angry insulting shuttle driver”.

You couldn’t do that, if you tried! Anyone that looks like Joe Namath, can’t help but be nice!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #2184
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:

So whats new Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
There goes the neighbourhood:trink 39:
The neighborhood "went" a LONG time ago...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #2186

Quote:

I have seen Hank lurking around the beer tasting event before[emoji23][emoji482]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	180780
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #2187
Global Nomad

Where are Forest River Corporate Officers?

I noticed at last year's rally, no one from Corporate came to address the group, although they are just a few miles away. I assume this year, someone will take the time to address us at one of our dinners. After, all, we are the ones who are making them rich.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
I noticed at last year's rally, no one from Corporate came to address the group, although they are just a few miles away. I assume this year, someone will take the time to address us at one of our dinners. After, all, we are the ones who are making them rich.
Apparently you didn’t recognize someone from corporate. The Director of Public Relations for Forest River, Mike Stump, was not only there he was passing out the free corn. Mike Stump is a hell of a nice guy and makes time to talk to anyone and everyone. I think Mike was there almost every day of the rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Apparently you didn’t recognize someone from corporate. The Director of Public Relations for Forest River, Mike Stump, was not only there he was passing out the free corn. Mike Stump is a hell of a nice guy and makes time to talk to anyone and everyone. I think Mike was there almost every day of the rally.

He Was there, with lots of corn
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #2190

Quote:
I agree, he drives around daily, he stopped by me a couple of times asking if I needed anything. I personally don't find the need for formal speeches when you can stop and talk to any Corp prosition people who are socializing with attendees . I like there have a good time lay back approach . About 4 years ago I had a complaint about my dealer, and ask Mike about it, I thought he was just being nice and my complaint was going in one ear and out the other. Well about 2 mos later I got a call from that dealer and a letter so they could address my complaint. Who would have thought. Mike Stump never wrote my name down or my complaint, but he sure did what he promised me. A speech wouldn't have done that. Just my 2 cents.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #2191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
You couldn’t do that, if you tried! Anyone that looks like Joe Namath, can’t help but be nice!

Thank you.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #2192
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I agree, he drives around daily, he stopped by me a couple of times asking if I needed anything. I personally don't find the need for formal speeches when you can stop and talk to any Corp prosition people who are socializing with attendees . I like there have a good time lay back approach . About 4 years ago I had a complaint about my dealer, and ask Mike about it, I thought he was just being nice and my complaint was going in one ear and out the other. Well about 2 mos later I got a call from that dealer and a letter so they could address my complaint. Who would have thought. Mike Stump never wrote my name down or my complaint, but he sure did what he promised me. A speech wouldn't have done that. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto on Mike being a great, sociable guy. The first year we attended the rally, our fridge unfortunately died on the way there. I threw an old college dorm fridge I had laying around in the back bunkhouse and put in a service request the day they opened. Hadn’t pre-registered for anything, cause we didn’t know ahead of time it was gonna break on the way there. Figured I wasn’t really owed anything, as it was a last minute request, so I was comfortable biding our time.

Well, it was on Tuesday afternoon I believe that some workers work working on Boots fiver next to us and Mike stopped by to see if they were happy. Mrs Boots (bless your heart Sue) mentioned to Mike that our fridge was out and we were waiting for our turn at service. Mike saw us sitting outside, watching the kids playing, and came storming over sputtering “You’ve been here all this time with no fridge and you’ve got young kids with you???” Then, before I could get a word in edgewise, stormed off. 10 minutes later we had a swarm of techs all over our trailer. The guy from Dometic checked out the fridge and told Mike “I think it’s the control board, I need to run back to shop to grab another one”. Mike then turned to his guys and said “No way, this guy’s been here all week (it was only Tuesday) with no fridge and he’s got young kids. You’re putting in a new fridge!” And they did, plus gave the trailer a complete checkup to check for anything else (just an intermittent short in one of the taillights I hadn’t noticed).

Later that afternoon, Mike stopped by again and dropped off a 40 of vodka as a way to apologize for us having to go through all that.

It was that experience with Mike that made me a FROG for life. When I see that kind of dedication to making sure your customers are happy, it makes them happy.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #2193

Quote:

It could be a coincidence, but I think all of the chicken bones you were mailing to him may have helped him remember. Just a thought, not that I would ever stir the pot.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #2194
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Not to forget Bob and Cindy Byrne, also of Corporate, Directors of the Forest River Owners Group; the hosts of the Rally.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #2195

Herk, I read about your axle mishap on the Mayberry thread, did you get that axle replaced? I know you had concerns that you couldn't make Goshen, hope your ready to get back on the road again. Your also right about Bob, he also made sure last year that they found my short in my running lights, took 5 years for them to find it, and that was with trips to the dealer and factory, but he made sure they found it last year, he stated that was unaceptible and a safety problem, they did find the wall going over the wire and repaired it. So I also thank him.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #2196

For those who don't know Mike Stump, here's a picture of him as he prepares his cornfield for planting. Everyone loves the corn he gives out to FROGs every year at the rally.

Name:   ForestRiver_1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  49.1 KB

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #2197

Quote:
For those who don't know Mike Stump, here's a picture of him as he prepares his cornfield for planting. Everyone loves the corn he gives out to FROGs every year at the rally.

Attachment 180892
Hi Bob
Will miss Mike's corn this year.
Maybe next will work out better. Have a great trip and rally.
Here is a picture of Andrew who brought the FROG juice a few years ago.
Have fun all!
Iggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0748.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	180899   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0746.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	180900  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #2198

What??? A Goshen Rally without IGGY? The world is coming to an end.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #2199
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Herk, I read about your axle mishap on the Mayberry thread, did you get that axle replaced? I know you had concerns that you couldn't make Goshen, hope your ready to get back on the road again.
Floyd Miller at Flagstaff had to special order one to be made as they no longer use the Manufacturer at Flagstaff. It should be in by Friday for me to drive out to Goshen and pick up.

Motor Freight would take too long and might not get here in time.

I will have it replaced in the driveway by the weekend (4 bolts and 4 wires).

Then get the camper ready and we should definitely make the Rally.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #2200
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
How early can the non-parking team check into the fairgrounds?

How about a list of vendors?
Early arrival starts on Thursday, August 9. If you're coming in early, please call the fairgrounds at (574) 533-3247 and let them know.

Agenda, seminar schedule, and vendor information will be published later this week.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog