RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
And then there was none... Until next year Phrog Pond! Attachment 183655
Wow that looks so sad sitting in our over night stop, Fox Den Acres in New Stanton
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #2642

Rally was great, got to see old friends and met some new. Bob and Cindy did a good job as they do every year and what a job the volunteers did, they really help to make it a success. Some are still helping for the next few days, I know Youroo and Mrs. Youroo stayed over until Tuesday to help clean up, he's shy and won't toot his horn. Parking Commette, Welcome and daily shuttle drivers, my hat is off to you both, " THE SILENT ONES " everything was very well ran, thanks for making my week enjoyable.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #2643

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Rally was great, got to see old friends and met some new. Bob and Cindy did a good job as they do every year and what a job the volunteers did, they really help to make it a success. Some are still helping for the next few days, I know Youroo and Mrs. Youroo stayed over until Tuesday to help clean up, he's shy and won't toot his horn. Parking Commette, Welcome and daily shuttle drivers, my hat is off to you both, " THE SILENT ONES " everything was very well ran, thanks for making my week enjoyable.
I agree with everything that has been said and all I can add is that it was over too soon. I hope that we can make it next year but I think we have a conflict with the dates

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #2644
Broken Toe

Quote:
Somebody parked in my spot!!!

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #2645

Regarding this year's rally, I only have one question. When does registration open for 2019???

However, the ride home was a bit of an adventure... I hadn't drive 1/2 mile and one of my TPMS sensors started yelling. Pulled over, got out walked around the trailer. Hmmm all the tires look perfect. Went back and really checked what the TPMS was saying - 0 PSI and -85 degrees!!! Went to the offending sensor, took it off, tapped it a few times, put it back on and all was well.
Okay, back on the road.
Took 15 to 120 to 69 to 94. No issues
Then on 94, some chuckle head thought their POS SUV had a lot more pickup than it did while accelerating on an on ramp. Clipped the front corner of my truck! Just some light scratches, but I'm pissed. Didn't see the idiot until they were trying to pass me with not enough room. I was blocked on the left and couldn't slow down fast enough to stay clear. They stayed on the gas thinking they could get away. My F150 had enough oomph, even with the trailer, that I caught them and the DW got some pictures of the car. Got off at the next exit and called 911. 15 minutes later a local Mountie showed up and took the report - said other units were looking for the offender and as I was about to drive away, the officer got a call on his radio asking where the damage on the other vehicle would be....

So, I'll be paying a visit to the repair shop this week. No serious damage but it may add up. Light scratches just in the clear coat to a couple spots scratches to the headlight housing

I did figure a clear route around the I-94 closure and got the trailer parked in its hiding place without further issue.

Unloaded, got home, had a bite for din-din, ran out and cut the lawn, finishing minutes before the sky opened up with ANOTHER gulley washer.

Time for a cocktail and a relaxing evening. Hey, the Tigers just went back up on top in the game!

Thanks to everyone responsible for the rally - we had a great time. Got to visit with lots of old friends and meet a bunch of new ones. Looking forward to seeing everyone farther down the road!!!

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #2646

As newbies we where totally impressed. Met lots of great people. Impressed by the service work. I will write more later and did up some and dig up some pics.
Can't wait till next year.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
As newbies we where totally impressed. Met lots of great people. Impressed by the service work. I will write more later and did up some and dig up some pics.
Can't wait till next year.
Hoping none of them incriminate me in anything...
Between you guys, Mike, and Donald, if I spend any more time with you Canadians, I may start developing an accent! EH?

Old 08-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Regarding this year's rally, I only have one question. When does registration open for 2019???

However, the ride home was a bit of an adventure... I hadn't drive 1/2 mile and one of my TPMS sensors started yelling. Pulled over, got out walked around the trailer. Hmmm all the tires look perfect. Went back and really checked what the TPMS was saying - 0 PSI and -85 degrees!!! Went to the offending sensor, took it off, tapped it a few times, put it back on and all was well.
Okay, back on the road.
Then on 94, some chuckle head thought their POS SUV had a lot more pickup than it did while accelerating on an on ramp. Clipped the front corner of my truck! Just some light scratches, but I'm pissed. Didn't see the idiot until they were trying to pass me with not enough room. I was blocked on the left and couldn't slow down fast enough to stay clear. They stayed on the gas thinking they could get away. My F150 had enough oomph, even with the trailer, that I caught them and the DW got some pictures of the car. Got off at the next exit and called 911. 15 minutes later a local Mountie showed up and took the report - said other units were looking for the offender and as I was about to drive away, the officer got a call on his radio asking where the damage on the other vehicle would be....

So, I'll be paying a visit to the repair shop this week. No serious damage but it may add up. Light scratches just in the clear coat to a couple spots scratches to the headlight housing

I did figure a clear route around the I-94 closure and got the trailer parked in its hiding place without further issue.

Unloaded, got home, had a bite for din-din, ran out and cut the lawn, finishing minutes before the sky opened up with ANOTHER gulley washer.

Time for a cocktail and a relaxing evening. Hey, the Tigers just went back up on top in the game!

Thanks to everyone responsible for the rally - we had a great time. Got to visit with lots of old friends and meet a bunch of new ones. Looking forward to seeing everyone farther down the road!!!
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Glad your both ok and safely home. We got back across the border late this afternoon and safety back home. It was great to meet you and your DW. It was great chatting with you at a meal and over the campfire. Well minus the fire but the company more than made up for it. The trailer sits in the driveway awaiting its trip back to storage Monday.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #2649

Quote:

Okay, back on the road.

Well that’s not the trip report we wanted to hear. We’re glad it’s only minor damage and both of you are safe and sound. We had a uneventful journey to Ludington and are settled in at Poncho’s Pond CG. It a very well kept and nice CG. We’re looking forward to some quiet time here after the rally.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #2650

Quote:

Thatís the saddest thing I have ever seen. The phrog pond with out a single cooler or beer!! Itís just not right
Old 08-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #2651

Quote:
Hoping none of them incriminate me in anything...
Between you guys, Mike, and Donald, if I spend any more time with you Canadians, I may start developing an accent! EH?
Haha. We had fun. We may have to have a beaver pond next year.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #2652
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
Haha. We had fun. We may have to have a beaver pond next year.

Iíd be up for that, if we can manage to make it next year.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #2653
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Sailor Sam20500 Sorry to hear of your mishap. Glade to hear you are all safe. Take care see ya soon. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #2654
Who Dares, Wins

How you going home? Turnpike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Wow that looks so sad sitting in our over night stop, Fox Den Acres in New Stanton

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #2655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Iíd be up for that, if we can manage to make it next year.
I don't want our US friends to think this would be so us Canadians to hang out together we had folks from both sides of the border to hang out with which was great. But there is a Phrong pond theme and a tiki hut theme so maybe a beaver pond could serve up some good ole fried beaver tails.

By the way a rumor from a good source says there is planning to have a mini rally again in Petrolia Ontario this coming June.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I’d be up for that, if we can manage to make it next year.

Hmmm, we already have a phrog pond and a Tiki hut. If beavers show up, Frog Bob may have a break down!!!

Enjoyed visiting with you!

Old 08-19-2018, 05:31 AM   #2657

Quote:
How you going home? Turnpike?
Yes, took the Turnpikes from Indiana thru Ohio and now Pa, will probably jump off at Harrisburg East and down 283.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #2658

Our trip home has been good but did see a couple of possible rally attendees having issues, a Forester ( I think ) was at 13 & 20 outside Middlebury towing a Jeep with his hood up, I know nothing about towing behind a motor home so did not stop as I would have been no help. Also saw a Cardinal at the start of the Ohio turnpike with what looked like tire issues but had a service truck there already, hope both got the help they needed.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #2659
Who Dares, Wins

Eating breakfast the hitting the super slab, good bye Goshen! Until we meet again.

We tried 80 and via 322 and 99 to get here. Probably do the same home... No PA turnpike tolls.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #2660

Goodbye Goshen! Headed back to Kansas City. Thanks, Bob and Cindy, for again hosting a fabulous rally!
lsauer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog