Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 07:07 AM   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
I do not know Glenneth, all I know is that the factory does a 2 year warranty, it is included with all new Columbus
I'm going to start looking, you sold me, THANKS SUE.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #742

I seem to recall that last year there was something similar to this year but units that were a lot older received service. I think that service was limited to two items but I knew people that got more than two items done. I thought last year the camper couldn’t be any older than three years old to receive service. But again campers that were a lot older received service. I have always been treated very well by the Cedar Creek division, they have went out of there way to help us. I don’t know if the 2016 is set in stone or not. But anyway way it might be like the second year warranty that Forest River had. I think at some time Forest River will stop the free service at the rally, Jayco stopped there free service at the rally they were having. Me and Sid plan on being there this year but next year I’ll probably be somewhere else and give up my spot. I’m planning a Alaska trip next year. The rally is a fun place to be, make new friends and see old friends plus get to see new models and dream a little.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #743

Exclamation 2018 frog rally

Sorry to here no more service at Rally for us with 2015 Class A motor homes.
We never had a 2 year Warranty. Even thought we spent most of are life savings on it.
We bought are Motor home in Oct. 2014 and went to Florida that winter had a number of defects ,sat at dealer for 3 months . Main reason the windshield had to be replace defective. But there were a number of other problems they never touch.
We were going to sell it but friends talk us into going to first Rally not saying any thing about service at rally ,just go for fun. Well after we got there found out about service and to are surprise all problems were taken care of .
So long story short we decided to keep it.
YES WE WILL TRY TO GO THIS YEAR FOR FUN OF IT.
Yes its true Forestriver Quality is not what it should be for what we are spending.
In my opinion not having service at the Rally will come play when we are going to purchase are second RV .
It was a great feeling having Forestriver stand behind there product.

Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #744
clr

I know when I purchased my 2015 Sanibel a 2 year factory warranty was included as part of the purchase price. I know that in other models you had to pay $100 $150 to buy the second year warranty.
Prime Time now has only a 1 year warranty on the same model so the Indiana insurance excuse does not hold any water. If the 2 year warranty was included in the purchase price the insurance commission answer does not work. This may have been true for other models but for sure not the Sanibel.
I think that Forest River was just paying out to many $$$ in warranty claims and wanted to cut their losses.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #745

I think Forest River did what other companies did they increased the number of campers they were producing without increasing the factory’s. Quality had to drop some, most campers were great but a few more was not and the second year warranty was costing the company money. Warren Buffet doesn’t own Forest River just for fun, Buffet wants to make a certain percentage off every camper. Berkshire Hathaway is not in business to lose money and nothing is wrong with making a profit. If Forest River had wanted to there were ways to keep the second year warranty. I don’t think anyone has a second year warranty anymore.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #746
jkoenig24

Arrrrrrgh! I've found a buyer for my "Stick & Brick" and, have been so busy with the house sale that I didn't check my email yesterday. Checking this morning, I see the rally was announced yesterday and, is completely filled. I don't see a link to get on a standby list either.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #747
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
Arrrrrrgh! I've found a buyer for my "Stick & Brick" and, have been so busy with the house sale that I didn't check my email yesterday. Checking this morning, I see the rally was announced yesterday and, is completely filled. I don't see a link to get on a standby list either.
The DATE of the OPENING of REGISTRATION was announced (it's April 17) which is not yet here. The rally is NOT filled yet. We're leery of posts like this such a short time after April Fool's fooliosity.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #748

Quote:
Your still safe registration opens next week.

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #749

Quote:

I wish I could talk DW into selling our sticks and bricks house. I’m older than DW and when something happens to me the truck and camper will be sold. Unless DW goes first and in that case I’m going to marry a nineteen year old and start over
Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #750
Censored Member

Quote:
You must be retired since you don't know what day and date it currently is.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #751

I guess I'm just glad there are at least two other options for after-purchase work, other than Selling Dealers, and the Factory.

One is me. The other, that I will use about 98% of the time, is independent repair folks (that are proven to be effective).

Warranty is fine. I used mine. But it is fleeting. It is not a prime reason to buy or even consider.

To me, a dealer is just a place to buy. Cheapest one wins. He can be on Mars, I don't care.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #752

I think that it would depend on the repair/problem. Safety issues might make a difference. Repairs that needed to be completed from last year. Relationship with factory representative and small repairs.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I guess I'm just glad there are at least two other options for after-purchase work, other than Selling Dealers, and the Factory.

One is me. The other, that I will use about 98% of the time, is independent repair folks (that are proven to be effective).

Warranty is fine. I used mine. But it is fleeting. It is not a prime reason to buy or even consider.

To me, a dealer is just a place to buy. Cheapest one wins. He can be on Mars, I don't care.

If I ever trade again it will be the cheapest dealer that I can find. That’s the way I brought my truck, I told the dealer if they saw me again it would be just riding down the road. I won’t worry about service after the sale.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #754

i want to go to the Rally to visit with Friends, repairs are secondary, but something that is a definite perk

DW and i were hoping to buy a new Sandpiper 25rls last year. However, in the spring, as we were prepared to order one, we discovered that our model was no longer made. Because we really liked that model we searched for it online and found what we believe was the last one available. It was a 2015 model that hadn't been sold as was Factory new. We had the dealer send us fresh pictures and we decided to go buy it. So in 2017 we bought a new 2015 with a 2 year Factory warranty.

so i guess my question is better stated as will my warranty be honored at the Rally? I have had a very difficult time getting service because I didn't buy local (not our fault though)

with that said, love my camper, hope to use it soon, just have to replace some tires this weekend and its good to go.

Hope we get to meet many of you in Goshen
Old 04-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
i want to go to the Rally to visit with Friends, repairs are secondary, but something that is a definite perk

DW and i were hoping to buy a new Sandpiper 25rls last year. However, in the spring, as we were prepared to order one, we discovered that our model was no longer made. Because we really liked that model we searched for it online and found what we believe was the last one available. It was a 2015 model that hadn't been sold as was Factory new. We had the dealer send us fresh pictures and we decided to go buy it. So in 2017 we bought a new 2015 with a 2 year Factory warranty.

so i guess my question is better stated as will my warranty be honored at the Rally? I have had a very difficult time getting service because I didn't buy local (not our fault though)

with that said, love my camper, hope to use it soon, just have to replace some tires this weekend and its good to go.

Hope we get to meet many of you in Goshen
I'm not going but it seems that many are confusing things. The rally is not for warranty at all. Whatever repairs are available for YOUR trailer at the Rally will be available.......irregardless of whether those items are under warranty or not.

If I was concerned about warranty, I believe I'd get the warranty items fixed BEFORE I went, wherever you can, and then get another 2 items repaired at the Rally.

But, I imagine that if you have two items at the Rally that would otherwise be covered under warranty, that they'll work on those too. They are not going to think about warranty.........they will just read the Rally ticket from where you put down YOUR two items, and go repair them.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I'm not going but it seems that many are confusing things. The rally is not for warranty at all. Whatever repairs are available for YOUR trailer at the Rally will be available.......irregardless of whether those items are under warranty or not.

If I was concerned about warranty, I believe I'd get the warranty items fixed BEFORE I went, wherever you can, and then get another 2 items repaired at the Rally.

But, I imagine that if you have two items at the Rally that would otherwise be covered under warranty, that they'll work on those too. They are not going to think about warranty.........they will just read the Rally ticket from where you put down YOUR two items, and go repair them.
but I have a 2015.. which puts me outside the Service limits
Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
but I have a 2015.. which puts me outside the Service limits
Then you really should get the warranty items worked on elsewhere first, I'd think.

I don't know. I was simply trying to explain what I believe is the relationship between the rally service requirements, and warranty.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 04-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I think Forest River did what other companies did they increased the number of campers they were producing without increasing the factory’s. Quality had to drop some, most campers were great but a few more was not and the second year warranty was costing the company money. Warren Buffet doesn’t own Forest River just for fun, Buffet wants to make a certain percentage off every camper. Berkshire Hathaway is not in business to lose money and nothing is wrong with making a profit. If Forest River had wanted to there were ways to keep the second year warranty. I don’t think anyone has a second year warranty anymore.
Read this Thread, Wildcat is giving a second year warranty, just had this conversation with SYE. There is even a picture of a sticker saying that on the Wildcats, the last I heard they were still part of FR. He just bought a new unit.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #759
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Mine is a Columbus Glen
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #760

Oh yes thank you mis stepped, still it's a FR product under there umbrella, is my point they did find away around it and the insurance issue stopping the 2 year optional warranty, looks like to me, good for FR.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app

Tags
frog