Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #1861

It’s a long ride for some people and the free service was a plus. We have to ride almost a thousand miles one way to meet just a few people. There is no way to meet and greet all the people I see on this forum. I’m driving a thousand miles just to get the chance to dry camp. I can stay at Shipshewana South for a week with full hookups, eat at the Blue Gate Restaurant and Tiffany’s in Topeka for six hundred bucks. I got some free service at the rally last year. We wanted to go once. I was not planning on going back this year but some friends kinda talked us into going. We had a good time last year but we have a good time wherever we go. Me and DW can talk to a sign post. DW was a teacher and I got to sub at school some. Without the free service I can see people not going and I understand that. I just was at Topeka for a service item although my Cedar Creek is four years old. I imagine that I could get something fixed on the Creek at the rally but there is nothing wrong with the Creek. I hope to see a few friends from the forum at the rally. I’ll probably see a few more at Shipshewana South campground. I’m not bad mouthing anyone that doesn’t come because there is no more free service at the rally. I hope the rally is full and anyone that wants to go can get in. By and large a rally is just not for me and DW. We enjoy going to Goshen and Topeka, we enjoy all the restaurants in the area. We like going to the flea market in Shipshewana. The Blue Gate Restaurant is a great place to eat chicken at. It reminds me what Colonel Sanders chicken use to taste like. If you ever happen to be in Topeka in the morning then Tiffany’s is a great place to eat breakfast at. We hope to see some friends we have not seen since the rally last year.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #1862
Enjoying Life

It will be our first time at the rally and looking forward to it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on routing from North Texas?

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #1863
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
It will be our first time at the rally and looking forward to it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on routing from North Texas?
When we went in 2015, we left from the Sherman, TX area and spent the 1st night in Marshfield, MO (just past Springfield) and the 2nd night near Champaign, IL. Then I zigged and zagged and weaseled my way to Goshen. I got off 69 in NE OK to avoid toll roads.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #1864
2020 Bershire 34QS

We'll be coming again this year, but it's probably our last. We enjoyed our first time last year and having a couple of items fixed on our FR3 was icing on the cake and not the reason for the trip. However, now that our granddaughter is 12, I'm on the hook for another $175 and added to that the increase in price is probably more than I can handle going forward. All tolled, it will cost me over $2k round-trip to attend. That's a lot of nights at local RV parks. Most importantly, our granddaughter has informed us that she doesn't want to travel through NY and PA ever again Coming from NH my only alternative is via Canada and with their gas prices I would probably go bankrupt.
MrBill16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #1865

We are going this year for the fourth time. The key is to check out all of the latest models at the Rally and buy a new one at a dealer in Indiana after the Rally. You can do this annually or maybe every other year. But if you want to see your two or three times a year friends like we do, it's worth the trip. We try to make an adventure out of it every year. Although my friends from other parts of the country probably consider me to be more of a science project as opposed to an adventure. See you in August!
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #1866
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Does anyone know if there will be a list of vendors on here ahead of the rally so my wife can decide where to spend my money.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #1867
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Does anyone know if there will be a list of vendors on here ahead of the rally so my wife can decide where to spend my money.

Tell her not to fret! Just bring her debit card! Trust me!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #1868

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
We are going this year for the fourth time. The key is to check out all of the latest models at the Rally and buy a new one at a dealer in Indiana after the Rally. You can do this annually or maybe every other year. But if you want to see your two or three times a year friends like we do, it's worth the trip. We try to make an adventure out of it every year. Although my friends from other parts of the country probably consider me to be more of a science project as opposed to an adventure. See you in August!

I may be repeating myself, but my reason is warranty work to be done at the plant( PAINT) but after Working with the people at cardinal this was our best option, show an warranty. Dealers have been a total nightmare dealing with so we are hoping this will get our issues taken care of. We are retired and are finding that , you had better learn to do as much as you can yourself unless you like your RV sitting at dealers for a long time. So, not everyone is going just for the FREE stuff.
Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #1869

It called killing two birds with one stone, i did the same thing about 3 years ago, went to the rally and then to the Lippert shop to have a level up system installed, worked out well for me. Got the system and was able to enjoy the rally....[emoji848]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipcoo15 View Post
I may be repeating myself, but my reason is warranty work to be done at the plant( PAINT) but after Working with the people at cardinal this was our best option, show an warranty. Dealers have been a total nightmare dealing with so we are hoping this will get our issues taken care of. We are retired and are finding that , you had better learn to do as much as you can yourself unless you like your RV sitting at dealers for a long time. So, not everyone is going just for the FREE stuff.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:11 AM   #1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I have to disagree, "YOUR MORE A WORK IN PROGRESS" see ya at the rally, it's always a guess what your unit will be every year...[emoji106] [emoji41]

Old 06-15-2018, 06:14 AM   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
It called killing two birds with one stone, i did the same thing about 3 years ago, went to the rally and then to the Lippert shop to have a level up system installed, worked out well for me. Got the system and was able to enjoy the rally....[emoji848]
Now Now,make that 3 Birds,you Forgot the "Liquor Store Prices" in Indiana VS Virginia! Youroo!!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #1872

If I was going because of that to Indiana, i guess I would only want to travel to Southern Indiana, why would I go all the way North to Goshen? Last time I seen a map, Indiana is above Virginia, the only idiot my mother raised was my brother may he RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Now Now,make that 3 Birds,you Forgot the "Liquor Store Prices" in Indiana VS Virginia! Youroo!!

Old 06-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #1873

Hey guys. Looking forward to my first rally. We will be heading north back home to Canada after the rally. Does anyone have any recommendations on a campground around the Mackinac bridge area?
narrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #1874
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowsboy View Post
Hey guys. Looking forward to my first rally. We will be heading north back home to Canada after the rally. Does anyone have any recommendations on a campground around the Mackinac bridge area?

Not for that trip but I have booked a site at Straits State Park right at the foot of the bridge. Haven’t been there before, so can’t recommend for or against but it is one that’s close by.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #1875

AUG 12-18 2018 - Goshen, Indiana - FROG International

Quote:

Mill Creek Campground is just south of the bridge. You can see the bridge from it. Some sites are tight. But it is a big campground. We’ve stayed there a couple times—once in 36’ coach. Once in 40’ coach. Never had reservations—just pulled in & got a spot.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #1876

Any word yet on volunteering? I sent my email to Bob, but haven't heard anything. I want to start making my campground reservations for the trip up - it's a long drive!
nanannjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #1877
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
We stayed at the KOA on the South side of the bridge and it was nice. There was also one on the other side as well.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Mill Creek Campground is just south of the bridge. You can see the bridge from it. Some sites are tight. But it is a big campground. We’ve stayed there a couple times—once in 36’ coach. Once in 40’ coach. Never had reservations—just pulled in & got a spot.

Russell

X2 on Mill Creek.
Robertgorsline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #1879

2018 International FROG Rally

Has anyone that is registered for the rally in Goshen been contacted about being a volunteer at the rally? We've been volunteers the past couple years and indicated we'd like to volunteer again this year. Haven't heard anything yet. In past years we knew by now. Just wondering
nuruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #1880
Who Dares, Wins

I am sure someone will chime in but I think YOU had to reach out the them this year.?

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog