Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #81
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
the way it was explained to me you have to wait for the magic date (sometime after first of year) then be very fast on the draw because spots magically disappear within minutes. Good luck
If you keep coming back here, you will be way more informed than if you don't.
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 10-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #82
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

There have been rumors of changing registration up from previous years, and hopefully giving more first timers a chance to attend. I'm all for this.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #83

Ok thanks. I do visit this site quite often just never seen where to register. Thanks
Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhossler View Post
This FROG rally sounds like a great event. The DW and I are new this year to ownership and havent had the chance to attend any rallies. This sounds like the perfect first to attend. Sounds like it might be difficult to get a spot though. Hopefully we can secure a reservation and have a great time with fellow FR owners. If we are fortunate enough to get in, is there anything special we should bring or do to our little home on wheels?
Hi Chuck! Welcome to the Forums and the RV Lifestyle - you have found a great resource in the forums and the FROGs are just about the friendliest folk you will ever meet!

While I certainly hope to see you at next year's International FROG rally, be aware that the rally is HUGE (almost 800 rigs, 1,500+ attendees) and it might be a bit overwhelming to a new rally attendee.

Besides, why wait until next August! I would encourage you to go to this website:

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

And take a look at all the other FROG and FROG Member sponsored rallies that are available - you can just about 'hop' from rally to rally all year long

Again welcome to the forums!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 10-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #85
Hoss3

Send a message via AIM to chuckhossler
Thanks Bob. Just realized we have a festival of lights rally here in Charleston in December. I will look to see if any spots remain. As for the Goshen rally, I will be monitoring this site daily. I have family living there and some actually work for FR so I could catch up with family whole making new friends.
BTW, this is certainly the most informative and friendliest forum I have ever witnessed. It is hard to imagine how many great tips one can gather just reading through the pages.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #86
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhossler View Post
Thanks Bob. Just realized we have a festival of lights rally here in Charleston in December. I will look to see if any spots remain. As for the Goshen rally, I will be monitoring this site daily. I have family living there and some actually work for FR so I could catch up with family whole making new friends.
BTW, this is certainly the most informative and friendliest forum I have ever witnessed. It is hard to imagine how many great tips one can gather just reading through the pages.
Chuck, there are two spots left for the Holiday Festival of Lights Rally in Charleston. You can get information and download a registration form by going to the FROG website, Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles., and clicking the "Events" tab.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 10-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #87

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
There have been rumors of changing registration up from previous years, and hopefully giving more first timers a chance to attend. I'm all for this.

I concur. We are taking a pass this year to allow others a chance. This a great rally to meet people at and have fun. Also get a few things fixed as well.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #88

I read the tips.... I am trying to figure how I might get here....

I read this... still laughing.... They must have watched me sometime...

NOT EVERYONE IS A MASTER TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER; PLEASE DO NOT DEPLOY YOUR AWNING “TO RESERVE SPACE” FOR IT. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO LEAVE YOU ROOM. (It may be just barely room, so don’t deploy it if you need to leave the camper for any reason.)
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Old 10-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #89
Georgia Rally Coordinator

We went last year and said this year we would pass to give others a chance to attend and enjoy. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-64
Old 10-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
We went last year and said this year we would pass to give others a chance to attend and enjoy. Later RJD

What site? The Phrog Phons kept me away from the herbal population.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I read the tips.... I am trying to figure how I might get here....

I read this... still laughing.... They must have watched me sometime...

NOT EVERYONE IS A MASTER TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER; PLEASE DO NOT DEPLOY YOUR AWNING “TO RESERVE SPACE” FOR IT. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO LEAVE YOU ROOM. (It may be just barely room, so don’t deploy it if you need to leave the camper for any reason.)

We have double slide and the second awning Bret Iowa Born one year and last year I think we slammed into DCC new silverback once or twice 👍🏻 just kidding!!
Old 10-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #92
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader 816 View Post
Ok thanks. I do visit this site quite often just never seen where to register. Thanks
The Forest River Forums (us) have no official affiliation with Forest River the company nor do we have any affiliation with the Forest River Owners Group (FROG).

We DO, however, LOVE our Forest River products and most all of us belong to FROG so we can go to their AWESOME rallies.

In fact when you register with FROG, they even ask if you have an FRF posting "handle" in addition to your name and address.

FROG is actually a part of Forest River and is essentially an advertising arm of the company. FROG BOB (Bob Byrne) and MAMA FROG (his lovely wife Cindy) do an outstanding job for FR.

I highly recommend you join that group to keep abreast of the rallies hosted by them and other FROG members. We have a sub-forum here where we coordinate with other FRF members when we go to the FROG rallies.

Herk
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 10-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #93
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
What site? The Phrog Phons kept me away from the herbal population.
We were in handicap site real close to the main eating Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-64
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #94
Director, FROG

Quote:
We're currently kicking around some ideas on registration to see if there are some changes that we should make. We might still come down to registering the first "x" number of registrants, but have talked about some sort of lottery for some of the spots.

Of course, if you're #501 to register and you don't get a spot, and #950 gets one, you're not going to be very happy. On the other hand, if you don't get through before registration closes, you won't be happy, either.

We don't yet know what changes, if any, we'll incorporate.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 10-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
We're currently kicking around some ideas on registration to see if there are some changes that we should make. We might still come down to registering the first "x" number of registrants, but have talked about some sort of lottery for some of the spots.

Of course, if you're #501 to register and you don't get a spot, and #950 gets one, you're not going to be very happy. On the other hand, if you don't get through before registration closes, you won't be happy, either.

We don't yet know what changes, if any, we'll incorporate.
I want to attend for the experience. My observation is that the registration, first come first serve is more acceptable. This subject sounds like growing pains and no matter what method is applied you will not satisfy the masses as the site has a limit.

Good luck with the alternatives... I want to go but understand the reality.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #96
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I want to attend for the experience. My observation is that the registration, first come first serve is more acceptable. This subject sounds like growing pains and no matter what method is applied you will not satisfy the masses as the site has a limit.

Good luck with the alternatives... I want to go but understand the reality.
I'm in this camp too. It would be just like all the other reservations I tend to make. There's not a perfect solution but its one pretty commonly used. The good spots often do get filled quickly whether its a game, camping, sporting event or concert.

PS
Same with hook ups options - First come, first serve.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
We were in handicap site real close to the main eating Later RJD
We saw a "handicap site" and were wondering what it means and what qualifys them as such.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #98
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
We saw a "handicap site" and were wondering what it means and what qualifys them as such.
This was covered in the stuck thread on Goshen Rally Survival Tips.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nds-88352.html
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 10-21-2016, 10:37 PM   #99
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I am new RVer. I did join FROG when I bought my Cedar Creek. However, I am not sure where I go to register for the rally.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Old 10-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #100

Once you join FROG their website has a valuable section labeled "EVENTS". There you will find info on upcoming events all over the US and Canada.
As far as the International Rally in Goshen, Indiana: The "opening" of registration will be explained as something like "we expect to open registration on XXX". Then you just watch this forum and the FROG website for more exact dates.
Once the exact date of the opening is announced, you will be able to register on that date (but not before that date).
If it is a "first come, first served" type of registration then YOUR determination, tenacity, speed, and internet connection will most likely determine if you get registered or not.
If FROG Bob and his "Rally Team" decide to do a lottery type registration process, well, all you can do is wait and see, and hope lady luck likes you!
No matter how the registration is done, you will most likely get PLENTY of notice of "when the registration is expected to open" AND "the date we will open registration will be on XXXX"
You don't have to worry that one day you will wake up and the rally will be already filled.
Once Registration DOES open: YES, there are a LOT of people trying to register, so don't sit back and think "oh I have plenty of time"
But, I think if you keep an eye out on this forum and the FROG website you should have a pretty good idea of when things are happening.
Closed Thread

Tags
frog